Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bn9843ymtpwcjxvx/
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AwGnv16tf2BcDKxk

Logs if needed. We went from having Hunter solo first and 2 dps on second, to Hunter solo first, then me second, to me doing both (even though at 1/1 I was sitting fine at 32+ mln to boss). Somehow this ends up being better, though my dps started to suck. Last try I got <18mln, and I'm running with KJC atm, not doing weapons though. But I guess you can say we sorted p1, even though I know I could do better (we're beating him before third star but after set of adds come).

About temple which will be another layer of wipes. My CB without any buffs is <1mln, not sure how I'm supposed to get 2 adds down before second cast with just shadowfury stun and one copied CB. At one transition I did double Havoc-CB and it get them down somewhat to near SB range. So bassicly what Thelm says (you run more Haste centric Thelm?). Problem, I don't have dps paired, just Resto druid with Bash. Maybe AD will help with that a bit. Infernal also stuns but... yeah.

How do the adds work anyway? They activate on proximity, or only damage? Do you need to have someone in melee? Can't really test them since on heroic they wipe and on normal they dieded too fast to notice .
    Your P1 sounds about where my guild was when we were progressing back in Oct/Nov which is fine damage in P1. The only important part is that you don't hit the 3rd Eng.

(Note that my guild still occasionally fails on this transition. It's really difficult depending on 10m comp and what classes you have)
    I have very similar gear to yours and with an opening CB + 1 conflag on each mob they're usually very close to 20%. I'm with our BrM tank who does about 50% damage to the third add and the first 2 groups + me finish off the third add. Note that this is without procs. With procs it's likely that I won't have to Conflag so I'll conflag the 3rd add instead. Remeber to glyph CoE and apply it to the mobs. Note that I'll typically try and hit 3 embers during the ICD on 4pc as we fly up to the zone, and then let the 4pc proc off of the 2 RoFs on first two groups at 4 embers.

All 3 adds start their engagement the first time one of them takes damage. They'll melee and then cast every once in a while. I don't think you have to have someone in melee since they can't move.

I used AD to consistently get down Engs every time, which means I get 1 charge of DS right when PBoI procs during the smash phase in P1. The timing works out pretty well there.

You can watch one of our kills from my PoV as a VoD on my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/brusalkstream/b/500851471 @ 4:08:00. I knew my 4pc timing was going to be off so I bled an ember before transition to buy time so that my RoFs would make me hit 3 embers rather than 4. There's a lot of other stuff I do on that kill which I could talk about, but there's a lot. :P

EDIT: Looking at the VoD looks like a probably cast an Incinerate or two that I'm forgetting about on the higher health one of my 2 to hit 20. I'd def say don't run with havoc glyph depending on P2 weapon strats. You lose a Havoc every 2.5 minutes running the glyph.

I seems like tomorrow when i was comming back to play totally undergeared and with no progression nor idea of stat weights, this thread helped me alot. 2months since the first time I read this and now I'm progressing on H garrosh doing very well for my gear (307k dps on klaxxi heroic DDDD)

thank you brusalk, keep the good work, and we casuals, will keep comming back

Deleted
    I've been having some difficulties lately with my DPS, specialy when we started doing some heroics and. I don't know what is going on. I am trying to cast most of my CB's when I have trinkets up and spam the living jeebuz out of my Incinerate and Havoc CB/Havoc SB when I find the opportunity.

I've also just gotten back into HC raiding so, maybe it is just lint between my ears or something but. I still feel I am doing something horribly wrong sometimes. Could also be my gear.
    I've provide some logs and my armory is on my signature.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/2155/

Deleted
    Depending Garrosh HC:
    We are still wiping (depending on the day) in the Intermission or P3.
    But we deal some things completely different than most guilds do:
    We don't use the Iron Stars to kill the Adds, but AE them down within a few seconds. If everything goes like planned, we also get Garrosh to P2 before the second Healer spawns - and to answer your question, I'm #1 both overall and on Garrosh at this moment with something between 650k and 800k (overall Recount-) DPS. And I do use RoF there - but not with very high priority - most times I only do one even if i could have done two before the Adds start dying.
    Under normal circumstances I remain #1 - #3 on Garrosh for the whole fight. Only guys who sometimes do more DMG on him are our Tankpally or one of our Mages - I should add, that the longer the fight goes, the less is the Mages Garrosh DMG and the pally and I will compete for #1.
    Yesterday we got to a point where it's quite safe to say, that we can push Garrosh to P3 before he goes into his second intermission (Terrace) so we are somewhere around 6-7 minutes when we wipe, while he is at about 5% HP. Looking forward to stabilize this progression and manage P4 with the upcoming ID.

In the Temple-Intermission, I cast 2 Incinnerates and a RoF on the first group on the rightside and a RoF on the middle group, while I run to the backroom. There I'm dealing with the right group together with our Shadowpriest. I use: F&B-Incinnnerate, RoF, F&B-Incinnerate, Shadowfury for AE Interruption, F&B-Conflag, F&B-Conflag and then depending on the HP of the Adds I single target incinnerate and shadowburn them down. I do have to add, that we get a second AE Interrupt from our Tankpally there.

I also have to mention, that I do not have to deal with the engineers, as this is the job of our Shadowpriest.

If you're interested in logs:
    Yesterdays Garrosh HC Wipes on Warcraftlogs:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1623&wipes=1
    Yesterdays Garrosh HC Wipes and the nhc kill on worldoflogs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yt...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by mmocf671b58f24; 2014-02-11 at 06:11 PM.

About temple which will be another layer of wipes. My CB without any buffs is <1mln, not sure how I'm supposed to get 2 adds down before second cast with just shadowfury stun and one copied CB. At one transition I did double Havoc-CB and it get them down somewhat to near SB range. So bassicly what Thelm says (you run more Haste centric Thelm?). Problem, I don't have dps paired, just Resto druid with Bash. Maybe AD will help with that a bit. Infernal also stuns but... yeah.
    Correct. I do Mastery > Haste > Crit, and I make sure to have the 6 stacks of backdraft so my CBs are fast enough for intermission 1, and I still barely make the 2 CB cast before I need to interrupt one of the doubts. You might need to change up your strat a little, since I do it with an arcane mage. I believe our resto druid is paired with one of the tanks and HotW hurricanes.

And as Brusalk said, phase 1 still seems to always be our biggest issue too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Note that I'll typically try and hit 3 embers during the ICD on 4pc as we fly up to the zone, and then let the 4pc proc off of the 2 RoFs on first two groups at 4 embers.
    I do this as well, but try to hit my 4pc proc with the 2 conflags I do for the backdraft stacks.

All 3 adds start their engagement the first time one of them takes damage. They'll melee and then cast every once in a while. I don't think you have to have someone in melee since they can't move.
    Correct. They don't require melee range, just the first time one of them is attacked.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    would anyone consider using the cleave trinket from malkorok on any fights? the normal or heroic versions? a lock in my guild has but that just seems like a shitty trinket for any fight

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    would anyone consider using the cleave trinket from malkorok on any fights? the normal or heroic versions? a lock in my guild has but that just seems like a shitty trinket for any fight
    It's alright for Galakras, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's alright for Galakras, that's it.
    I wouldn't even use it for Galakras, at least on 10M. It's just bad.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so don't even use it for 25man? I figured that would be the case. but this other warlock in my guild insists it's awesome. I just lol @ him

Deleted
    Question regarding LvL90 Talent choice:

Which boss fights would you chose to use KJC over AD?
    Trying to stop myself being lazy and using KJC more than i should and i would like some feedback on others exp.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Question regarding LvL90 Talent choice:

Which boss fights would you chose to use KJC over AD?
    Trying to stop myself being lazy and using KJC more than i should and i would like some feedback on others exp.

Thanks.
    Immersius, Norushen, Sha, Juggernaut (maybe), Shamans (Depending on strat. My guild tanks them together rather than laming out and 3 tanking :P), Malkorok (Maybe), Spoils, Blackfuse, Paragons.

All else I'd roll with AD. The ones I marked with maybe depends on if you want to go for consistency or top ranks. If you don't get targeted at all on juggernaut or malkorok there's really not that much movement. However if you get targeted a lot your DPS will tank that week.

ive read a lot through these before posting this, but its something that ive been concerned about for months now

I prefer to use the fel imp on any encounter where I wont run the risk of my pet dying. I just tend to preform better bc there is less room for human error when using the fel imp bc it is mobile and it can shoot and what not and it is an ember generator or w/e. (I do use observer for naz and malk bc they just stand still)

what I am concerned about is that im currently running with 17.5k mastery, ~8k haste, and ~4k crit... something like that unbuffed in 565 ilvl gear

if I play with the fel imp on most fights shouldn't I be gemming and reforging for haste>mastery>crit. this is what is on sparkuggz guide and it was briefly mentioned in this thread, but no one really goes into detail and it doesn't seem like many try this.

anyone have any confirmation that I should regem everything for the fel imp. simc says haste is barely better when I sim supremecy, but frankly I don't trust simcraft since earlier this expansion.

im starting heroics this week and my guild will be relying on me to do very high dps in order to beat enrage timers. so I really need to min max for this
    how much will my aoe go down if I do this, is it worth even trying?
    Last edited by fguru482; 2014-02-12 at 09:37 PM.

Are you solo'ing engineers (as I have to do) or is that job someone else's? Here's my personal damage done on Garrosh in P1 on one of our recent kills. I get 26.71 mil boss damage in on P1 even when going out for both engineers and using 2 DS charges on Engineers alone. (And no opening burst on Boss since I have to save embers/CDs for Engineer)
    I watched video you had on your youtube account, that helped a lot! I started using gate (put much further, I had it closer since I was paranoid of it despawning), portal and burning rush + worgen sprint more often. I'm getting constistant 21+mln on boss now, and actually bursting adds at same time, which makes other people single target boss more.

Started using AD, using one on opening. Still 'sometimes' have problems killing engineers if I have zero procs (apart from engi gloves), but I'm working towards having 6 backdraft stacks and just chugging 3 chaos bolts, incin and praying feflame finish it. The way we're doing temple, I need that second Dark Soul stack and double Havoc to bring my adds down, having only DS up still can leave adds at low hp in need of finisher, having less dps would make it too RNG. Loosing Havoc sucks but our guild plan is to ignore weapons so all it does useful is just few extra emberbits. Now we just need other people to get it right.

Now just 3 other phases... but thanks everyone for help for beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched video you had on your youtube account, that helped a lot! I started using gate (put much further, I had it closer since I was paranoid of it despawning), portal and burning rush + worgen sprint more often. I'm getting constistant 21+mln on boss now, and actually bursting adds at same time, which makes other people single target boss more.

Started using AD, using one on opening. Still 'sometimes' have problems killing engineers if I have zero procs (apart from engi gloves), but I'm working towards having 6 backdraft stacks and just chugging 3 chaos bolts, incin and praying feflame finish it. The way we're doing temple, I need that second Dark Soul stack and double Havoc to bring my adds down, having only DS up still can leave adds at low hp in need of finisher, having less dps would make it too RNG. Loosing Havoc sucks but our guild plan is to ignore weapons so all it does useful is just few extra emberbits. Now we just need other people to get it right.

Now just 3 other phases... but thanks everyone for help for beginning.
    Garrosh is one of the only fights I would say KJC is practically mandatory for, especially if you're one of the players dropping weapons in P2. I'd consider switching back and finding another way to make it work, since it will make your damage on the other 10-12 minutes of the fight (significantly) higher.

When I did solo engineers on 10m, I used Dark Soul just before the adds came out so it would still be up for the engineer. Use synapse springs or second pot to bring the second one down. On 10m I also found I never even had to chaos bolt in transitions; I'd bank 4 embers then AoE them down with FnB. Just based on my own trial and error this was significantly faster (was always able to kill before second cast with 1 player helping).

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Garrosh is one of the only fights I would say KJC is practically mandatory for, especially if you're one of the players dropping weapons in P2. I'd consider switching back and finding another way to make it work, since it will make your damage on the other 10-12 minutes of the fight (significantly) higher.

When I did solo engineers on 10m, I used Dark Soul just before the adds came out so it would still be up for the engineer. Use synapse springs or second pot to bring the second one down. On 10m I also found I never even had to chaos bolt in transitions; I'd bank 4 embers then AoE them down with FnB. Just based on my own trial and error this was significantly faster (was always able to kill before second cast with 1 player helping).
    It's really not required at all for garrosh if you can not be in the weapon group. (Which realistically there's no reason you should be when so many other classes + healers can manage weapons just fine. (Ele Shams, Hunters, Healers, Even mages with double blink is fine)

You won't be able to do as much in second intermission, but that one isn't really even a DPS check. Getting empowered MC is just fine.

I personally found I did better damage with havoc'd Chaos Bolt and one of our single target DPSers on the third add, but that may just be playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fguru482 View Post
    ive read a lot through these before posting this, but its something that ive been concerned about for months now

I prefer to use the fel imp on any encounter where I wont run the risk of my pet dying. I just tend to preform better bc there is less room for human error when using the fel imp bc it is mobile and it can shoot and what not and it is an ember generator or w/e. (I do use observer for naz and malk bc they just stand still)

what I am concerned about is that im currently running with 17.5k mastery, ~8k haste, and ~4k crit... something like that unbuffed in 565 ilvl gear

if I play with the fel imp on most fights shouldn't I be gemming and reforging for haste>mastery>crit. this is what is on sparkuggz guide and it was briefly mentioned in this thread, but no one really goes into detail and it doesn't seem like many try this.

anyone have any confirmation that I should regem everything for the fel imp. simc says haste is barely better when I sim supremecy, but frankly I don't trust simcraft since earlier this expansion.

im starting heroics this week and my guild will be relying on me to do very high dps in order to beat enrage timers. so I really need to min max for this
    how much will my aoe go down if I do this, is it worth even trying?
    No.

Haste >= Crit > Mastery is about the stat order for pure single target DPS w/ Sup/Serv. Sup/Serv is basically even with Sac on single target, and it's Mastery >> Haste = Crit for Sac.

Once you get away from theoretical single target situations, Mastery and Hastes value increases alongside Sacs value over Sup/Serv. This is basically every fight this tier except for maybe Iron Juggernaut.

Just go Mastery first and foremost, and then go either Haste or Crit after that depending on your personal preference. I prefer Haste over Crit, and I explain why a few pages back if you care to scan for it.

(Note that Haste and Crit do not scale synergistically with each other. They remain around the same value regardless of how much of one over the other you have. It's fine to keep them even, but it isn't necessarily any better or worse than other proportions. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all,

I'm getting somewhat confused in regards to the level 75 talents. Is there a clear victor in terms of boss DPS, or do we have choices here?

I've been using Sacrifice simply because it's what I always used since it was first introduced. But looking at the below

Single Target:

Grimoire/Pet DPS Priority
    Sup/Observer 172596 Mastery == Haste > Crit
    Serv/Felhunter 172349 Haste == Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Succubus 172310 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Voidlord 172253 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Shivarra 172233 Haste == Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Voidwalker 171961 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sup/Fel Imp 171057 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Serv/Imp 170912 Haste > Mastery > Crit
    Sacrifice 164203 Mastery > Crit == Haste
    Is this saying Sacrifice, is worse then all the above?

Be interested in some feedback, you can check out Warlock, his name is Furyio on Ravencrest-EU for my talent choice. Would appreciate some feedback, as the guild has reformed and we gear through flex and move to normal, I want to ensure I'm doing max dps to be kept in the lineup

Deleted
    Due to the fact that Sacrifice has a enormous synergy with Shadowburn and Chaos bolt, combined with the fact that apart from Iron Juggernaut all Bosses allow a high amount of execute spreading, Sacrifice is on par (or even above) with Supremacy and Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Hi all,

I'm getting somewhat confused in regards to the level 75 talents. Is there a clear victor in terms of boss DPS, or do we have choices here?

I've been using Sacrifice simply because it's what I always used since it was first introduced. But looking at the below

Is this saying Sacrifice, is worse then all the above?

Be interested in some feedback, you can check out Warlock, his name is Furyio on Ravencrest-EU for my talent choice. Would appreciate some feedback, as the guild has reformed and we gear through flex and move to normal, I want to ensure I'm doing max dps to be kept in the lineup
    If you read the first section of the guide I explain the changes from 5.2 -> 5.4, and I also include a notice that everything below that section is 5.2 information. If you want up-to-date info you can read the 5.2 version and then apply the 5.4 TL;DR to it.

In other words what you are looking at there is 5.2 info, and the 5.4 info is at the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the first section of the guide I explain the changes from 5.2 -> 5.4, and I also include a notice that everything below that section is 5.2 information. If you want up-to-date info you can read the 5.2 version and then apply the 5.4 TL;DR to it.

In other words what you are looking at there is 5.2 info, and the 5.4 info is at the top.
    Thanks for the clarification

So essentially they are all the same, interesting. I noticed some Destro locks using pets, some others. Typically I'm topping meters in my raids but I just wanted to make sure I was being optimal , thanks for clearing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Thanks for the clarification

So essentially they are all the same, interesting. I noticed some Destro locks using pets, some others. Typically I'm topping meters in my raids but I just wanted to make sure I was being optimal , thanks for clearing it up
    Yeah. For single target it really doesn't matter.

Theoretically Sup/Serv would be best for a fight where you spend the entire fight AoE'ing however, as the pet still does damage to one target, while GoSac provides to direct benefit to AoE damage on any targets.

Theoretically GoSac would be best for a fight where you spend a much higher proportion of the fight using consumers over generators than on a single target fight.

In practice GoSac is best because there's really no fight where you're AoE'ing forever, and it's still even on single target.

Do note that w/ GoSup/Serv you're best off with Haste/Crit > Mastery in the situations where you'd use it, and you'd use Mastery > Haste == Crit in situations where you'd use GoSac.