There's a Weak Aura megathread on one of the first few pages that has one with duration and caster name unless that's what Liquid's link is.

I tried haste for a whole reset (I know it is not THAT big of a sample) and I really did not like it at all. I felt like I had lower ember generation, lower opener damage and even lower AOE. I know. It does not make that much of a sense. But what can I say I've read somewhere that at >570 it might be a good idea to switch to more haste but I think I will stick to crit.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

What is the haste cap for Incinerate with LMG/Backdraft anyway?

Need advice.
    I have heroic none tier helm, going to replace it with my flex tier helm, once i get my H gloves, for the 4p, 4p makes up for the raw stat loss right?

as well as, Flex totem is till better than H aoe-crapish trinket or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    What is the haste cap for Incinerate with LMG/Backdraft anyway?
    With hero it's basically impossible to be over the GCD w/ Backdraft. I can't think of the specific number off the top of my head. I do know I'm quite a bit under the GCD w/ Backdraft & Meta w/o Hero at my ~11k haste.

Yeah it goes below that fast I just wonder where the cap is at with only one 30% haste effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I tried haste for a whole reset (I know it is not THAT big of a sample) and I really did not like it at all. I felt like I had lower ember generation, lower opener damage and even lower AOE. I know. It does not make that much of a sense. But what can I say I've read somewhere that at >570 it might be a good idea to switch to more haste but I think I will stick to crit.
    I feel like I perform way worse with a crit-centric setup so I stand by my statement that it's largely personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrkSiNNer View Post
    Need advice.
    I have heroic none tier helm, going to replace it with my flex tier helm, once i get my H gloves, for the 4p, 4p makes up for the raw stat loss right?

as well as, Flex totem is till better than H aoe-crapish trinket or not?
    Probably. 4P is really good.

As for the trinket, I'd have to actually test it but my instinct is telling me that it'd be worse, but I'm really not sure on that one. If someone else knows feel free to correct me.

wasn't 100% sure, looks like it would be better, wouldn't of know until I get it

And I just simd the trinkets, flex Totem is still better than H FCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yeah it goes below that fast I just wonder where the cap is at with only one 30% haste effect.
    Pretty sure it's 54%.

50% reduces the GCD to 1 second, and more than that is needed to cut the cast time in half (100% haste, actually)
    Code:
    2 second cast / 100% = 2/2 = 1 second.
    So, if we need 100% haste, if all you have is one 30% haste effect that stacks multiplicatively with your base percentage converted from rating, you need 54% Haste.
    Code:
    2/1.3 = 1.53846 = 54%
    if you have two, you need 18.3% Haste.
    Code:
    (2/1.3)/1.3 = 1.1834 = 18.3%
    If you have all three, you need an amazing
    Code:
    ((2/1.3)/1.3)/1.3 = .91 = -9% Haste.
    - - - Updated - - -

18.3% Haste is 7777 Haste Rating w/o PBoI. With PBoI and all these numbers are much smaller if PBoI stacks multiplicatively.

54% becomes 1.53/1.08 = 41% which is only 17k Haste rating which is pretty obtainable this tier.

18.3% becomes 1.1834/1.08 = 9.5% Haste which is a whopping 4k Haste.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-03-20 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I feel like I perform way worse with a crit-centric setup so I stand by my statement that it's largely personal preference.
    Yeah it seems like it after 178 pages! But don't you guys find that weird? I mean... Since damage is calculated in a specific way, there SHOULD be a way to be specific on this. Eg.. At Z boss you SHOULD have more that Y crit and more than X haste in order to perform best. It is much better to be personal perefernce of course, but I thought this calculation was supposed to be deterministic!

There SHOULD have been exact recommendations for any boss at SoO that a specific stat allocation is the optimum. At least for destro that, apart for some tricks, rotation is well defined. So, statements like "Hey! At shamans if you tank the bosses separately, haste should be more than X or you should try to have at least Y crit".

Thanks. That puts the value of haste in a better perspective. I usually dont bother reforging for the few fights I play Destro and I'm sitting around 12k haste then, where I've been worried I spend too much time casting Incinerates under the GCD. My assumption based on your math above is that it's more than fine. I'd personally never play around with haste as high as 15k or higher though, it just can't be justified.

@Rayaleith: Many DPS specs are seeing this now. It's what happens when we get so ridiclously high secondary stats at the end of the expansion. They tend to all even out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    54% becomes 1.53/1.08 = 41% which is only 17k Haste rating which is pretty obtainable this tier.
    I can get 23k haste with my Affli set (still using 4p) and haste gems (taking socket bonuses).
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2014-03-20 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah it seems like it after 178 pages! But don't you guys find that weird? I mean... Since damage is calculated in a specific way, there SHOULD be a way to be specific on this. Eg.. At Z boss you SHOULD have more that Y crit and more than X haste in order to perform best. It is much better to be personal perefernce of course, but I thought this calculation was supposed to be deterministic!

There SHOULD have been exact recommendations for any boss at SoO that a specific stat allocation is the optimum. At least for destro that, apart for some tricks, rotation is well defined. So, statements like "Hey! At shamans if you tank the bosses separately, haste should be more than X or you should try to have at least Y crit".
    You'll find more gain from just executing the fight properly than changing any amount of stats to be honest.

Play with what you are comfortable doing. If you like crit then go crit. Same with haste.

Deleted
    Is it worth dropping higher item level (ToT HC WF/SoO Normal) items for flex to get 2/4 piece bonus?

Also, I was dropping a RoF + FnB Immo on self-reflections on Sha HC last night - had a raid member bitch at me for whoring deeps (raid leader calls no AoE on them but yeh embers...). So, am I right to spash a bit for embers, or am I right? (I told him i'd link to my warlock peers opinion).

One other thing, Brusalk, I have just downloaded and installed you UI - looks great, but I cannot find where your affdots go? Whilst not a problem when playing destro I was wondering what you do if you switch to affliction? Obviously not a huge problem for me to configure + reposition it, just curious
    Last edited by mmocfff5d2f529; 2014-03-20 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Sha + UI question.

This week doing many tries at garrosh looks like i performed 5% better going for Crit > haste, maybe because adds down faster and smart use of conflagrate to need haste in the right time.

I've been mastery/haste for a couple/few resets now. It feels better to me (much easier to get both a CB and Immo with 4pc with the extra haste. Tonight got two CBs off one 4pc proc for the first time [edit/update: I came to edit to say two CBs + an Immo, but thinking back I'm not sure if I did get the Immo ... I think, but not sure]), but I honestly can't say if results are better. Considering I've gotten plenty of gear upgrades, I feel like I should have been doing more damage than I have been.

I'm a bit scared to go back to crit tho since I've gotten so used to the timing. Really, the major thing is anytime I get to finish a cast I wouldn't have with the crit setup. And we just started working on a new progression boss, so I'm not sure if having to adjust my timing would be a great idea right now.

Although sometimes I do think about just doing a "fuck it, I'm bored" build. Like a full Int gemming (only socket bonuses from gear with only red sockets), full Haste reforge. Would be funny if I wound up doing more damage that way, haha ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've been mastery/haste for a couple/few resets now. It feels better to me (much easier to get both a CB and Immo with 4pc with the extra haste. Tonight got two CBs off one 4pc proc for the first time [edit/update: I came to edit to say two CBs + an Immo, but thinking back I'm not sure if I did get the Immo ... I think, but not sure]), but I honestly can't say if results are better. Considering I've gotten plenty of gear upgrades, I feel like I should have been doing more damage than I have been.

I'm a bit scared to go back to crit tho since I've gotten so used to the timing. Really, the major thing is anytime I get to finish a cast I wouldn't have with the crit setup. And we just started working on a new progression boss, so I'm not sure if having to adjust my timing would be a great idea right now.

Although sometimes I do think about just doing a "fuck it, I'm bored" build. Like a full Int gemming (only socket bonuses from gear with only red sockets), full Haste reforge. Would be funny if I wound up doing more damage that way, haha ...
    I really like that I had the opposite experience yesterday! I went back to crit and -oh man- I felt good again. Better damage, better ember generation. Well, maybe I was so used to play with low haste that I know my pace of doing things and just perform better. I really like this "disparity"!

quick destro question. is my 17.76% crit too low to run it. i also have 116% mastery and 28.5% haste. im trying to balance both aff/destor specs but when i run destro my dps just seems to fall flat.

Deleted
    You do not need a specific crit value for destro to be decent. Neither do you need a specific haste or mastery value.
    I don't want to offend you, but the weaker your gear is, the stronger will destro be, compared to affliction. So it's propably more of a fault in your playstyle than something with your gear.
    If you can link your armory and a log, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

heres my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...piteran/simple

also i do have my 4 piece with my chest but i dont have the toxic totem trink.

Deleted
    You should definetly wear the 4 set bonus. It's extremely strong for destro. I'm not sure (someone else here will know this) if it is still worth it if you only have the Raid Finder set chest, but if you have at least the Flex version it's definetly superior to your warforged one.
    Apart from that I can't see anything that would speak against playing destro with your gear. Of course the toxic totem will take some stress out of an encounter, compared with the black blood - but it isn't an actual upgrade, it's just easier to play.

I just tested your char in simulationcraft and with your curent gear, you should outperform your affli specc with your destro specc by about 8-9% in a longer single target fight. Using the set chest should even increase this advantage.