Page 1 of 2
LastLast

T15 and raiding ferals

I'm not sure if it's just me and the situation I'm in, but has anyone else noticed that your guild has been sitting feral cats due to the sheer amount of adds/multiple targets?

Multi dotters and range seem to be favored more so than melee, I'm seeing a trend that this tier just isn't for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just me and the situation I'm in, but has anyone else noticed that your guild has been sitting feral cats due to the sheer amount of adds/multiple targets?

Multi dotters and range seem to be favored more so than melee, I'm seeing a trend that this tier just isn't for us?
    Feral is multidoter. Ferals have amazing 2target dps if targets are not too far away from each other.
    Ranged were always preferred above melee in raiding. Boss mechanics favours ranged over melee mostly. There are multiple bosses almost/entirely unbeatable without ranged dps, but all bosses are killable without melees.

If you are losing your spot as cat... well, unless you are in top25 guild than you are not losing your spot because you are cat, you are losing your spot because you are bad cat
    Obviously if you are playing in 10man and they need get rid of all melees to execute some strategy than you can't complain really. Enh shamans, dks, retri paladins, warriors, monks and rogues will be benched as easily as cat.

Basically - be better than others and you won't be benched.

Actually, I'm losing my spot solely because I am a cat. The guild favors range over melee and are replacing us with locks/boomkins/spriests who can successfully multidot multiple mobs *not just two*

*edit* : I do put up great numbers, and am amongst the top of our melee roster.

Claiming ferals are multidotters is hilarious. Letter vs spirit at best.

I'm not getting benched because my guild casually believes in playing what you want but I could see why ferals would be sat over others, including other melee.

We're not very target switching friendly unless you have a lock or rogue to symbiosis which I think is a stupid requirement. Place the CPs on the player rather than the target and that'll make things a but easier but I doubt blizzard would do that. Give all the tools to rogues instead.

Perhaps your possibly missing opportunities while your playing to up your dps, I know on Megaera me and our other Feral were in the top 3 for most of the fight with our Boomkin in there too. The three of us swapping back and forth until it got to about the 6th set of heads our Shadow Priest snuck up and starting beating us by multi-dotting.
    I know in T14 my dps wasn't where it should be imo, but t15 seems to be a bit more balanced imo, that or i'm just pushing the right buttons finally after 4 years as a kitty!

Some specs are off the chart OP right now so it would not be surprising for other specs to get sat in favor of them. The question is how much tuning is Blizzard going to do in the near future.

Deleted
    I can't find a reason to bench a good feral druid that plays his spec good for a whole tier may a few of the progression fights... In this case if you are a raider at this level that aims for such hige progress I'd hope and imagine you got an alt ranged dps for example mage,spriest,warlock to be able to conter fights where your druid can't make it.
    I've never had a problem with my class being bad if i where close to be benched or being on the bench.

15+ Year Old Account
    whether or not is justifyable to bench a feral is reealy up to the guild hes in. my guild riads 25 man and we got like 30 ppl so each nite we rotate 5 ppl in / out and we also swap per fight depent on what we need or if someone needs gear

as for multidotting, as ferla its realy bad imo, if there are 2 mobs together then i can do nice dps indeed, but if there 3 or 4 witch is often the cause, i am rather bad.
    whne there more like 8 or so i do great dps while bezerk is up after that is quite low and casters beat me, even warriros with thier whirlwinds are hard ot beat.

for single target boss fights, it depents if its a standstill fight i am usaly verry highm, if it involves a lot of moment i am lower
    if it involves target swapping i am extremly low
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    "extremely low" is quite a bit exaggerated. We are not "that" bad at target switching.
    I've been so unfortunate to raid entirely without a warlock or a rogue in the last few weeks and it's not the end of the world. On a kitty unfriendly fight like coucil, you should be put on sul 90% of the time, assisting on other bosses if stuff goes wrong. Maybe trowing a rake up there and cleaving with trash.
    On a fight like horridon adds do not live long enough for a rip anyways, so you should focus on rake and trash and some single target mangles anyawys.
    Somehow it works. A good kitty will always perform well

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    "extremely low" is quite a bit exaggerated. We are not "that" bad at target switching.
    I've been so unfortunate to raid entirely without a warlock or a rogue in the last few weeks and it's not the end of the world. On a kitty unfriendly fight like coucil, you should be put on sul 90% of the time, assisting on other bosses if stuff goes wrong. Maybe trowing a rake up there and cleaving with trash.
    On a fight like horridon adds do not live long enough for a rip anyways, so you should focus on rake and trash and some single target mangles anyawys.
    Somehow it works. A good kitty will always perform well

All of this implies Feral is a liability to the raid.

Deleted
    im keeping up with rogues 5/6 ilevels higher then me as im not being given loot prio, we rock at single target :>

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Feral is multidoter. Ferals have amazing 2target dps if targets are not too far away from each other.
    I don't want to entirely discount what you said, but...sure feral can do decently on two targets if they don't die too quickly, but think about them in the grand scheme? DKs, boomkins, spriests, hunters, locks, etc., will have a much easier time at doing it better, and therefore would be cause to "bench" some ferals, but single target they still perform great.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Feral is a good dual dotter in very specific circumstances that almost never occur. Exactly 2 adds, close together with extremely high health. It does happen but very rarely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really just don't understand this mentality at all. Of the 9 fights I was in for this past week (my 25m cleared 12/12), I was the top dps in 4 fights and top 5ish in the rest (w/o going into logs).

On many fights it has nothing to do with maintaining your natural priority and becomes more of a "feel" of what you should do. Don't be afraid to try different things out!

Congrats on 12/12.

25 man is a very different animal than 10 man. they have the luxury of letting 1-2 DPS ignore the mechanics of the fight. While he didn't say I supect the OP is 10 man. Also these types of issues tend to magnify greatly in heroics but time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    whether or not is justifyable to bench a feral is reealy up to the guild hes in. my guild riads 25 man and we got like 30 ppl so each nite we rotate 5 ppl in / out and we also swap per fight depent on what we need or if someone needs gear

as for multidotting, as ferla its realy bad imo, if there are 2 mobs together then i can do nice dps indeed, but if there 3 or 4 witch is often the cause, i am rather bad.
    whne there more like 8 or so i do great dps while bezerk is up after that is quite low and casters beat me, even warriros with thier whirlwinds are hard ot beat.

for single target boss fights, it depents if its a standstill fight i am usaly verry highm, if it involves a lot of moment i am lower
    if it involves target swapping i am extremly low
    i dont have to much exp as cat, u keep rake, trash on 2 targets and rip on 1?
    sorry for off topic

Nope. I don't sit more now, nobody is sitting more than anyone else really. We sometimes optimize roster for progress but I don't sit more than other melee on fights that is strongly unfavorable for melee.

Are you sure that it's not just your raid leader using it as an excuse for something else? Or maybe you just have a raid leader that thinks you cannot progress because of slightly lower dps when it's in fact not that strict of a DPS check?

Anyway, my experience is no different now compared to last tier or previous expansion.

Tbh, you are doing something terribly wrong, as feral, im always between first melees in dmg (single or multitarget/aoe fights, it doesnt matters) and in par with ranged which just dots everything they see (locks, sps, balance), its just about good decision when to use trash, when to just bleed up your targets and perfect switching. If you are playing in good progressing guild, it shouldnt be problem to raid as cat unless you are failing on base mechanics etc
    Our logs - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cy...ses&boss=68476 , definitely ranged friendly fight but you can compete as feral, cats are one of the best melees on this fight, in my opinion.

TL;DR:

If you're in a Top ~100 guild: Expect to be sat on at least a couple fights, because there are definitely at least a few where feral is particularly mediocre.

If you're not in a Top ~100 guild: You'll probably never need to be benched for your DPS if you're an exceptional player. Same generally goes with any other spec in the game.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer