From T14 to T15 gear switches?

Just aquired some gear pieces that will break my tier 14, at the moment, when it does not even give me the tier 15 bonus, it's not worth it, of course. But it is worth it to break the 4-set to get t15 2-set bonus later? I have no idea how much the tier 15 gives, all I know is that the t14 is a really, really strong one at the moment. Has the websites been updated lately, or do we still have to wait for that?

Rullis

Deleted
    for bm/sv atm till hc t15 4set i don't see the extra stats going to make up for the ultra strong set bonusses of t14

I passed first tier hands, and wait for info how t15 will work on live realms. On paper it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    I passed first tier hands, and wait for info how t15 will work on live realms. On paper it sucks
    On paper the t15 2 piece is better than the t14 4 piece for SV.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

You are waaaay better theorycrafter than me so I assume that you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    On paper the t15 2 piece is better than the t14 4 piece for SV.
    Talking about Set bonus or Set bonus + Gear stats?

Deleted
    Depends a bit on what your gear looks like, assuming you play Beast Mastery as well as Survival. If you have 4 pieces of upgraded heroic tier 14 gear I wouldn't break up the set for one piece of normal mode tier 15.

I personally got a normal mode tier glove token and broke open my 4 set tier 14. However I had a very valid reason, due to my bad luck I was using LFR tier 14 gloves. The difference in pure agility alone was about 450 which adds more compared to the set bonus will.

Deleted
    I did some simming earlier just to see if it was a gain to go from 4 x t14 HC all 2/2 to 4 x t15 normal (head, legs, gloves, shoulders) and for SV it was a 5.3k dps gain for me.
    Reforges and gems/enchants sorted out.
    Will take do some more later on for the other 2 specs and if its worth using 2 x 2 piece bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Talking about Set bonus or Set bonus + Gear stats?
    Depends on the items, but yeah, as SV if you can get 2 pieces of higher ilvl t15 gear then it is a dps increase no matter what you are replacing.

If you are just looking at which set bonuses are better alone, then the t15 2 piece is still better for SV.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I did some simming earlier just to see if it was a gain to go from 4 x t14 HC all 2/2 to 4 x t15 normal (head, legs, gloves, shoulders) and for SV it was a 5.3k dps gain for me.
    Reforges and gems/enchants sorted out.
    Will take do some more later on for the other 2 specs and if its worth using 2 x 2 piece bonuses.
    Keep in mind that simming Real PPM oriented things on female dwarf may not be entirely accurate. Since the new set bonuses are Real PPM it might not be fully correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Depends on the items, but yeah, as SV if you can get 2 pieces of higher ilvl t15 gear then it is a dps increase no matter what you are replacing.

If you are just looking at which set bonuses are better alone, then the t15 2 piece is still better for SV.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:56 PM ----------

Keep in mind that simming Real PPM oriented things on female dwarf may not be entirely accurate. Since the new set bonuses are Real PPM it might not be fully correct.
    Then how should you know what to get if you're not a math genius?>_<
    I sure do hate patch days

Thanks for the answers everyone. Just got lucky with Ji-Kun and actually got the leg piece aswell as rolled on the cloak. Replaced 517 gloves and 496 legs with 522 pieces now. The Thunderhawk is a ranged hawk that shoots lightning bolts or something like that, it also has 1 million hp, not sure if it can die?

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Thanks for the answers everyone. Just got lucky with Ji-Kun and actually got the leg piece aswell as rolled on the cloak. Replaced 517 gloves and 496 legs with 522 pieces now. The Thunderhawk is a ranged hawk that shoots lightning bolts or something like that, it also has 1 million hp, not sure if it can die?
    Wow, grats you got a lot of gear. Afaik during testing with its ~1.18 million health pool it never died.

Deleted
    Somewhat on-topic, I got the 2 piece tonight as well. On a dummy as Beast Mastery it seems to do about 3.5% of my total damage which is fantastic. I imagine in a raid with raid buffs and such it will be a little closer to 2.5%. As Survival it seems to be around 2%. Very happy with the 2 set so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Somewhat on-topic, I got the 2 piece tonight as well. On a dummy as Beast Mastery it seems to do about 3.5% of my total damage which is fantastic. I imagine in a raid with raid buffs and such it will be a little closer to 2.5%. As Survival it seems to be around 2%. Very happy with the 2 set so far.
    This is pretty accurate; our other hunter just got 2 pc and it was like 2.4% of his damage on one fight. Definitely worth the switch; also multiple thunderhawks can be up at once it appears.

So I got multiple pieces tonight (but no weapons).

Legs off Jin'rokh
    Rentaki's off Jin'rokh (lol)
    Tier hands
    Off-set hands (http://www.wowhead.com/item=94790)

plus

VP trinket
    VP neck

Right now I'm holding off on equipping the neck because I have the 509 Blade Lord neck and I have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much hit with the trinket. I could also swap back in Relic (2/2) or H-TitM (2/2), so I can go with the neck and not have the hit kill me. I have 517 t14 legs/hands, so I'm thinking I don't replace either of those til I have 2pc tier. Ren'taki's I don't expect to equip, I just thought I'd fool around with it because our rogue didn't want it either (later, when Bad Juju dropped, neither of us wanted it again, and I made him take it cause I took Rentaki).

Thoughts?