Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

WW 5.2 damage loss

hidden nerf - Tiger stance damage bonus reduced to 10% JAY!

so my german friends in the EU forum already discuss about why they lost so much dps.

in 10man ToT, the second and third boss are horrible for ww monks. in most other fights I'm about average.

SEF is a dps loss in every single situation. tested multiple ways to use it in the council fight, lost about 10k dps.

noone was complaining about the nerf... because we were so much op in 5.1!...
    I wonder how most of you feel about it now since the patch went live.
    Last edited by mmoc63b1ca430b; 2013-03-07 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just popped into the hotfixes

http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/8953693
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

I haven't noticed a loss, if anything because of the new mastery, I'm seeing a buff. I am by no means a great monk and haven't even killed norm shek zeer because of guild performance issues, but I noticed I went from about 80k or so dps on Vizier to about 92k after the patch. Take it for what it's worth, but my damage seems better.

Wellll that's always nice, i'm interested what their internal testing shows that points to such dangerously high windwalker dps.

Norix, if you can use your mastery effectively ofc we are still far ahead of 5.1, but for people who always struggled with TB, they will see a dps loss no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshar View Post
    Wellll that's always nice, i'm interested what their internal testing shows that points to such dangerously high windwalker dps.

Norix, if you can use your mastery effectively ofc we are still far ahead of 5.1, but for people who always struggled with TB, they will see a dps loss no doubt.
    Yeah they are trying to change us from doing about the same damage all the time, to seeing big spikes in damage when we use Tiger's Eye Brew. Definitely not good news for low-skill players, but probably better for skilled ones. I just hope they don't overcompensate , burst is nice but these days strong sustained damage is pretty great too; I really don't want to feel useless when I don't have brew up.

If they are going to punish us so much for the improvements to Tiger's Eye Brew, they should really consider allowing us to start fights and especially rated bgs and arenas with 10 stacks or so. With all these changes our up-front damage is getting pretty bad, and by the time we get 10 stacks an arena could be all over.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-03-07 at 01:45 AM.

Was this really necessary?

My dps wasn't super improved in raiding on Tuesday.

Deleted
    Seems time to re roll Dk, theyr beloved melee class.

To the ground baby!

Havent raided yet or watched any logs/streams so no idea if this was justified.

just unsubscribed from wow. ty blizzard for ruining my main. I spent the last 2 weeks doing every daily in anticipation for 5.2 only to get nerfed and mechanics changed to something lame

Quote Originally Posted by Jurio View Post
    just unsubscribed from wow. ty blizzard for ruining my main. I spent the last 2 weeks doing every daily in anticipation for 5.2 only to get nerfed and mechanics changed to something lame
    If being nerfed is that much of an issue then by all means you did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acheld4m4 View Post
    Seems time to re roll Dk, theyr beloved melee class.
    No roll feral druids.
    At according to most simulation I saw (since no real data yet) DK is still under median after all the buffs.
    The buff was to compensate the loss of tier 14 set bonus which was very OP.

By the way, it seems from simulations Monk will still top Melee DPS, or the close second behind feral.
    (In simcraft, one hand monk is still the top DPS after the nerf, very closely follow by arcane.)
    http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html
    225878 * 1.1 / 1.2 = 207055
    still higher than the second place arcane with 205522.

Now Simcraft is not the most accurate thing ever, but since no real data yet. It is the only thing to go by.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-03-07 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    No roll feral druids.
    At according to most simulation I saw (since no real data yet) DK is still under median after all the buffs.
    The buff was to compensate the loss of tier 14 set bonus which was very OP.

By the way, it seems from simulations Monk will still top Melee DPS, or the close second behind feral.
    (In simcraft, one hand monk is still the top DPS after the nerf, very closely follow by arcane.)
    225878 * 1.1 / 1.2 = 207055
    still higher than the second place arcane with 205522.

Now Simcraft is not the most accurate thing ever, but since no real data yet. It is the only thing to go by.
    Monks sim very badly.

Garbage class, garbage spec now. Huge nerf in dmg for pvp makes the class 100% nonviable. We can survive a little longer, but who gives a shit when you can't damage anything enough to make that few extras of life worth it.

I knew we had to have been stealth nerfed. Everyone was like "amg I'm doing so much moar damage!" and I kept saying that I had tested the PTR and we weren't doing any better. And people would point to the patch notes and say, "this and this equals a buff".

The current iteration of monk DPS is just a sidegrade from what we already were in 5.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    I knew we had to have been stealth nerfed. Everyone was like "amg I'm doing so much moar damage!" and I kept saying that I had tested the PTR and we weren't doing any better. And people would point to the patch notes and say, "this and this equals a buff".

The current iteration of monk DPS is just a sidegrade from what we already were in 5.1.
    ^^ pretty much this, Our cleave is a joke because they die to dumb boss mechanics so that is an issue. The overall nerfs balanced the overall buffs so we didn't actually go anywhere. What changed is how fast we get there, Before it took forever to get TeB rolling and now it's much quicker but even with it being much quicker we still don't really end up that far ahead.

Still doing overall about the same as Ret don't burst as high and more of ours if based on duration. preemptive nerf was too soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Reworked my gear/stats to be soft capped on haste, and stacking mastery like crazy. Up to a 45% dmg bonus from a full stack of tigers brew, perhaps this is what the nerf was for? Only going to climb later in the tier, with the RoR trinket you will have insane burst potential.

Typical, baseline nerfs to prevent pvp burst (lol WW monk in pvp.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kshar View Post
    Monks sim very badly.
    I'll show you a Monk sim with 223k dps.

Also, maintaining damage from 5.1 is a good thing. Our damage was absolutely top notch in 5.1, and dangerously overpowered before RSK and Tiger Stance nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post

Also, maintaining damage from 5.1 is a good thing. Our damage was absolutely top notch in 5.1, and dangerously overpowered before RSK and Tiger Stance nerfs.
    I think he means sims overestimate WW DPS.

Tiger Stance nerf is pretty stupid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post

By bad he meant monk sim doesn't reflect the real result, which is true for T14.

By the way, can you show me how 5.1 WW monk damage is "top notch"? ass Rogue, fury Warrior, frost DK all beat WW monk and that is just the melees. Not mention depending on fight Ench shaman, feral druid and combat rogue can also do higher DPS.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-03-07 at 06:38 AM.

Like four people in this thread unsubbed or rerolled over a 10% hotfix? Seems a bit of an overreaction...

I am finding lower damage in some situations, but the Tiger Eye brew mastery change is amazing. If you are good at matching it with proc trinkets or boss vulnerability timing it is very good for DPS and skilled play. I am still not sure about SEF, used it in heroics and a Terrace LFR today, but it was not very useful in there. Also kinda hard to use, the spirits wont mimik your attack until they are on the target for a second or two, and it can be hard to keep track of which adds they were on (hitting the same add as a spirit is a big loss) so we will see. Spinning crane with 2 spirits seemed pretty good for massive AoE.

Overall though people should relax, if WW damage is too low all around they will buff it, and theres a bigger DPS difference between a good player and a bad player than two equally skilled players in different classes now a days. Runaway specs get fixed pretty quick, have faith.