Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Just want to throw my 2 cents in, I am not a person who is as active as he really should be. However the last time I did some time on the treadmill, I see that the amount of effort just to burn 300 calories, was pretty crazy and it makes me think twice before eating that Big Mac.

With people who are obese, I can't be judgmental because even I am not even doing the basic level of exercise per day that I should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you shocked exactly? People don't take personal responsibility for anything, not just fat people.

Also, saying 'X never does this' just makes you sound biased. It's easy to classify a whole group based off the annoying ones but not really fair to the large group that's not.

Its a life choice to be overweight. Just like its a choice to play wow. Get a haircut, or go to the GYM. Also the ridicule at the GYM crap is just that, crap. You don't need a GYM to be healthy (there is this thing called eating healthy, and calisthenics) and you sure as hell don't need to pay attention to what riodman thinks of your work out (remember he just trying to feel better cause he has tiny balls).

At the end of the day there is some people out there who might have some medical issues that lead to their weight however, they weren't always that way. I'm not exactly healthy but if I can lose 40 lbs off of diet and simple exercise then anyone can (<----see location).
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-03-07 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    when i was way overweight I walked an average of 8-12 miles a day. I didn't lose weight by walking. I always ate quite healthily.
    This is because aerobic exercise is defined by a heart rate zone.

Walking de facto != Aerobic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yea, a casual walking pace without raising your heart rate wont be as effective.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It's crazy reading this thread how many out of shape people are on this website.

Walking de facto != Aerobic

So why are you stuck on walking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    It's crazy reading this thread how many out of shape people are on this website.
    Out of shape, or "over weight". The two are not the same thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Why are you shocked exactly? People don't take personal responsibility for anything, not just fat people.

Also, saying 'X never does this' just makes you sound biased. It's easy to classify a whole group based off the annoying ones but not really fair to the large group that's not.
    Accountability is what is wrong with America today. There is none. A kid shoots up a school? Blame guns and Violent video games. childhhood obesity at a all time high?, blame energy drinks and the junk food industry.

Not saying that young people shouldn't be just as accountable as their parents but, they got to start somewhere, and letting your 12 year old say no to your wife or husband is a bad place to start.

So why are you stuck on walking?
    I'm stuck on aerobic exercise; that is merely one example, and by far the cheapest in terms of equipment (since people keep bringing up costs).

I think what's shocking is the attitude of people who make ridiculous assumptions about EVERYONE that's overweight.

I'm stuck on aerobic exercise; that is merely one example, and by far the cheapest in terms of equipment (since people keep bringing up costs).
    Lets not forget what a flight of stairs can do either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Out of shape, or "over weight". The two are not the same thing.

Indeed. Very well, overweight. Where I live if you're six feet and 260 you'd really stand out. I see a few overweight people in university or at my work but hardly anyone who is so far gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Very well, overweight. Where I live if you're six feet and 260 you'd really stand out. I see a few overweight people in university or at my work but hardly anyone who is so far gone.
    Fair enough, but as a follow up question. Over weight according to what standard?

To go back to BMI and George Clooney, at the time of this photo he was apparently "obese" with a BMI of 30. Which just shows how useless the scale is.

So to go back to the statistics quoted a while ago, he was in the obese column, yet I doubt if you passed someone with his body on the street you would think "what a fat ass, put down the twinkies and go to the gym".
    Last edited by Kujako; 2013-03-07 at 07:51 PM.

-Kujako-

I think what's shocking is the attitude of people who make ridiculous assumptions about EVERYONE that's overweight.
    How am I making assumptions. I'm just pointing out how unhealthy it is and how there seems to be a much higher proportion of overweight people on here than the norm.
    Last edited by Selvari7; 2013-03-07 at 07:53 PM.

How am I making assumptions. I'm just pointing out how unhealthy it is and how there seems to be a much higher proportion of overweight people on here than the norm.
    You must be new to the internet
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    This thread has pretty much ran its course. There's no more useful discussion to be had and to be quite honest it should have been locked a long time ago since the title and OP (as well as half of all replies) are based on pure stereotyping.

Closing this.