Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.0 LFR drop rate inproved?

So my Guild doesn't raid on Tuesdays, so we take it as a day to just LFR together on mains or alts. We usually have around 8 to 10 of us all que together. We all did all of the LFR raids last night and nobody of the 8 people in group got more then 2 items. Some got none, and a couple got 1. Also only one person got something other then gold in their bags, once. He got one of those Blood things for crafting.
    So we all felt this was more or less the same drop rate as before for gear. I think between the 8 of us we got 6 or 7 items total. So did we all just have horrible RNG, or did anyone else feel the drop rate was not raised much, if at all?
    The way they stated it in Blues and in the patch notes, I really felt you would get up towards 3-5 items easy a week, if not more, and get all sorts of things in your gold bags if you missed out on loot.
    So I am interested in anyone else who ran LFR last night and how well did you do?

Didn't run LFR yet, but killed Galleon and Sha with bonus rolls and got zero loot.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people in your group got an item and someone got a Blood Spirit and that's still not enough?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they would up it. So far I got 2 items out of 4 bosses. That's...a lot better than usual

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Most people in your group got an item and someone got a Blood Spirit and that's still not enough?
    Getting 1 item a week is what people got before 5.2, they said it was going to be raised, and not just raised, but significantly raised, so no it is not enough. And 2 of us got nothing.

8 people x 16 bosses = 128 rolls not counting any elder charms

at the original drop rate of 15% that's 19 drops expected, they got less than half

If the drop rate had been increased to 30% then they got 1/5 of what should have happened and while 128 rolls isn't a gigantic sample, it's not that small

so yeah, it's not enough when 8 people do 16 bosses and their 100 rolls shows less than a 7% drop rate on an "increased" rate that started at 15%

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    Getting 1 item a week is what people got before 5.2, they said it was going to be raised, and not just raised, but significantly raised, so no it is not enough.
    I was lucky to get an item every other week and most of the time it was something I already had. Seems like you had better RNG than most.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I was lucky to get an item every other week and most of the time it was something I already had. Seems like you had better RNG than most.
    Since when is a 7% win rate against a rate that is stated to be "significantly raised" above 15% considered above average luck?

I'm 0/10 so far did heart of fear and terrace. I'm used to it though. I've got around 120 boss kills as well as used around 40 coins and have gotten 13 items from LFR.

If I count my normal 25/10m kills my loot rate is around 6.5-7%. Sucks, but that is the nature of RNG. Maybe I'll have better luck in 5.2.
    Last edited by geewhiz80; 2013-03-06 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Since when is a 7% win rate against a rate that is stated to be "significantly raised" above 15% considered above average luck?
    Exactly. And we always run as a group, and every week a couple people got one item, and once in a while someone got 2. More or less just like last night. Now we would usually have more people get nothing, as those people got one thing last night, but that does not seem like much of a boost in drop rates. Now it is still RNG, and maybe out of my small sample we had the low end, that is why I made this post, to see how other people did.
    Last edited by Fraeblood; 2013-03-06 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I'm 0/10 so far did heart of fear and terrace. I'm used to it though. I've got around 120 boss kills as well as used around 40 coins and have gotten 13 items from LFR.
    Judging by the OP's experience and the linking I saw on guild last night, the drop rate has been increased significantly.

OP: Most of your guys getting between 1-2 items isn't bad in the slightest. It's better than most people were getting pre-5.2.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Killed Galleon with coin - 2 loots, Sha with coin - 1 loot.

dbl post so deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    8 people x 16 bosses = 128 rolls not counting any elder charms

at the original drop rate of 15% that's 19 drops expected, they got less than half

If the drop rate had been increased to 30% then they got 1/5 of what should have happened and while 128 rolls isn't a gigantic sample, it's not that small

so yeah, it's not enough when 8 people do 16 bosses and their 100 rolls shows less than a 7% drop rate on an "increased" rate that started at 15%
    With a loot system based on RNG, it gets dangerous when the words "should have happened" are used. Each roll is separate and random. There is no guarantee that the system will actually pay out at the increased rate - even over a large number of rolls.

Deleted
    I got 2 items and a sigil from the first LFR, too bad it where pieces that I already had equal or better.

Alot better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Judging by the OP's experience and the linking I saw on guild last night, the drop rate has been increased significantly.

OP: Most of your guys getting between 1-2 items isn't bad in the slightest. It's better than most people were getting pre-5.2.
    I dunno if it was that much better, out of eight we had two with zero, two with two, and four with one. Yeah it was better then average, but I have gone a week getting a lot, heck a DK got 8 items once. Now getting so much is really rare, but the amount we got last night seemed maybe just above average. But I guess that is all they did. I never saw them say exactly how much more would drop, so if this is what is seen as more, then I can't argue that, because it was more. Just thought it wouldd have been an obvious boost, not just a "Hey I got good RNG and got 2 items." Which was not all that rare in the past.
    Last edited by Fraeblood; 2013-03-06 at 06:04 PM.

One of my good friends got like 7 items out of lfr just today.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

ran vaults LFR yesterday and got 3 items including an intellect trinket as a feral druid and one item I already had

finally got my axe from sha yesterday, and saw the tanky belt from galleon aswell. used 4 coins and all i got was gold though :/
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    My last run before the patch I got 8 items (out of 16 bosses), so if I don't get at least 10 with the improved drop rate, I'll be disappointed