Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What is the best 1 on 1 class?

In your opinion, what is the class that overall has the most chance 1 v 1?

Also, what is the best world PvP class? I would say rogues but they seem to not do enough burst to quickly kill someone before other people can see and come to help.

Well considering rogues are the only class that does not follow the "pvp isn't balanced around 1v1" rule I'd say them...

First, remind that 1 vs 1 is not significant in terms of pvp as you mostly play in team and that's where things truly take place. Anyway, it can be a little indicator of how classes changed ; my mate is a rogue, and when I won 9 matches on 10 tuesday, I lost 9 on 10 yesterday agains him. I don't play rogue, but such a drastic change in somes of their tools (he told me he played the same way he always does) makes more than a difference.

Shadow Priest.

They're the only class that is a hard counter to all classes that dominate 1v1 (eg. Rogue, Mage, etc).

full resilience with conversion talent +blood presence unholy dk spec.no 1 can kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    First, remind that 1 vs 1 is not significant in terms of pvp as you mostly play in team and that's where things truly take place. Anyway, it can be a little indicator of how classes changed ; my mate is a rogue, and when I won 9 matches on 10 tuesday, I lost 9 on 10 yesterday agains him. I don't play rogue, but such a drastic change in somes of their tools (he told me he played the same way he always does) makes more than a difference.
    I know, but I'm talking in a purely world PvP/duel perspective. I play arena just for arena cap, I have more fun ganking/tanking over towns and then fighting the Alliance that come to defend etc. I just find it more spontaneous and fun (I'm not super competitive). I used to always play a rogue, and they were pretty good for this, as vanish/stealth was such a huge deal in world PvP. But after MoP I just couldn't do enough damage like I can with the frost DK I currently play.

That's why I was wondering if rogues are again good in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    That's why I was wondering if rogues are again good in world PvP.
    Stealth makes rogues excellent gankers but they're not a line holding class like a Shadow Priests/Warriors/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Stealth makes rogues excellent gankers but they're not a line holding class like a Shadow Priests/Warriors/etc.
    yeah that's what kinda sucks. with my rogue I'd gank one person, and have to blow a lot of CDs to beat them, but if a second person came along, 80% of the time I'd have to bail before I could finish the kill.

with my frost DK on the other hand, i have to pop 2 1 min CDs in order to burst someone down to 0 health in under 10 seconds, and if a second person comes alone, I still have all of my moves up and a 50% heal, allowing me to switch to them.

yeah that's what kinda sucks. with my rogue I'd gank one person, and have to blow a lot of CDs to beat them, but if a second person came along, 80% of the time I'd have to bail before I could finish the kill.

with my frost DK on the other hand, i have to pop 2 1 min CDs in order to burst someone down to 0 health in under 10 seconds, and if a second person comes alone, I still have all of my moves up and a 50% heal, allowing me to switch to them.
    Shadow Priests are similar, but they can fight 2 people with resilience from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Shadow Priests are similar, but they can fight 2 people with resilience from the get go.
    as a frost DK shadow priests are probably the easiest class for me to kill. really any caster that isn't a healer tbh.

Mage is the best 1v1/x class.

Hunters or warlocks. The only class that a lock should EVER EVER EVER lose to 1v1 is a hunter. And exactly the same thing vice versa for hunters. Anything else should be a free kill for you 1v1 even if you're caught with your pants down with a few abilities on cd.

And no, this isn't exclusive to any spec of either class. If you're a competent player of the class as a whole you can use literally any spec and make the above hold true.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

as a frost DK shadow priests are probably the easiest class for me to kill. really any caster that isn't a healer tbh.
    this shadow isn't a good spec to recommend the OP for 1v1 especially in a duel scenario.. if you can get Fear> LOS's off then shadows not a problem. but dueling in elywnn its fear > (trinket/fear breaker) > gap closer.

vs a caster shadow only has a 45second cd silence vs mage/locks 24, combine that with a burst that requires 3 orbs and any dk/rogue/warrior will of locked you down and killed you before you see 3 orbs.

Huntar

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Demo lock or rogue
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Rogue, Warlock, Warrior or Mage.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    full resilience with conversion talent +blood presence unholy dk spec.no 1 can kill me
    Any decent bm hunter will kill you w/o popping a major cd.
    The kiting + spirit mends/exhil -> you will lose that fight 100- 0 no way you can do anything atall vs a decent hunt in gear, you will simply not be able to deal any damage/ the little damage you do pull off he will regain faster. All he needs to do offensively is to keep ss & wv up and prioritize AS when you have absorbs up -> and you will die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Any decent bm hunter will kill you w/o popping a major cd.
    The kiting + spirit mends/exhil -> you will lose that fight 100- 0 no way you can do anything atall vs a decent hunt in gear, you will simply not be able to deal any damage/ the little damage you do pull off he will regain faster. All he needs to do offensively is to keep ss & wv up and prioritize AS when you have absorbs up -> and you will die.
    That's because BM is broken OP since cataclysm. Just roll your face across the keyboard for instant 2400.

Human Unholy DK,
    sitting in Bloodpresence,
    10700+ resilience,
    super defensiv runic usage to keep 100% conversion uptime,
    spamming DEATH STRIKE,
    with Death's Advance vs kiter and Asphyxiate vs melee.

very hard to counter in 1v1.
    -

rogue, spriest, and frost mage are generally all around good at 1v1 and have been for a very long time