Enchant ring with spirit dammit!

I want to be able to enchant my rings with Spirit. I never have seen the reason that we can only enchant our rings with Int. At early gearing where regen is really important I'd rather take regen verses throuput. That and without it adding to mana pool it feels less awesome to me really. Finially it could even result in an improptu hit enchant for those classes that get hit via spirit.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

i've wanted this since mop too and i've seen suggestions for it before, but it doesn't look like blizzard has acknowledged the idea yet. currently only 4 out of the 8 raid professions allow for extra spirit.

Spirit is treated as a secondary stat, most of the time, because of this it isn't an option. As you point out it could be used for hit for some classes is another reason why they wont add it. A hit only enchant for 3 hybrid specs and nobody else will cause a major QQ uproar and some slight balance issues.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Spirit is treated as a secondary stat, most of the time, because of this it isn't an option. As you point out it could be used for hit for some classes is another reason why they wont add it. A hit only enchant for 3 hybrid specs and nobody else will cause a major QQ uproar and some slight balance issues.
    alchemy, bs, jc, and tailoring can all provide extra spirit, and 3 of which can provide extra hit. i can't see how adding another profession to this list would cause any balancing issues.

The alchemy bonus wont be used on a hybrid in its favor ( it will be using an int flask ).
    The Tailoring will be used for the int proc for a hybrid caster
    Noone in their right mind is going to use a serpents eye which gives spirit as a caster dps.
    BS I dont know what you are really on about , 2 extra sockets will be done with stats they always take, most likely an orange or yellow gem.

All that being said, Im fine with giving the healers a +160 spirit ring enchant although I really really doubt it matters anything when pieces of gear these days have 400+ of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    The alchemy bonus wont be used on a hybrid in its favor ( it will be using an int flask ).
    The Tailoring will be used for the int proc for a hybrid caster
    Noone in their right mind is going to use a serpents eye which gives spirit as a caster dps.
    BS I dont know what you are really on about , 2 extra sockets will be done with stats they always take, most likely an orange or yellow gem.

All that being said, Im fine with giving the healers a +160 spirit ring enchant although I really really doubt it matters anything when pieces of gear these days have 400+ of it.
    with your logic, that is the mindset as to why there isnt a spirit enchant for rings. of course it isnt optimal to use the professions i mentioned for reaching hit caps. I was just stating that 4/8 professions allow for extra spirit and 3 of which allow for extra hit IF a player wants to do that.

The point I've also wanted to show is that for a healer both are really important and making itso only one of the two important stats can be selected is a bit of a dim witted move
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    Because enchanting already has many benefits, adding spirit to enchant list makes alchemy redundant and any other profession with secondary stats available, professions aren't suppose to give you everything otherwise whats the point in having more than 1 profession? just have 1 with all the benefits. You leveled enchanting knowing spirit wasn't an available enchant, so you leveled it for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    alchemy, bs, jc, and tailoring can all provide extra spirit, and 3 of which can provide extra hit. i can't see how adding another profession to this list would cause any balancing issues.
    The ones that do it offer up other secondary stats as options. Enchanting doesn't it is only the core stats. If they were to offer spirit then they would also have to dump in crit, mastery, haste, dodge and parry. Alchemy for example doesn't give you secondaries at 2:1 so taking spirit comes at a heavier price then with others. BS is the only one where you can really take advantage of it being an option and still a secondary stat. Beyond holy priests nobody should be taking spirit on everything if they have any access to even just the LFR gear. At a point you have far too much spirit and it is wasted.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    Because enchanting already has many benefits, adding spirit to enchant list makes alchemy redundant and any other profession with secondary stats available, professions aren't suppose to give you everything otherwise whats the point in having more than 1 profession? just have 1 with all the benefits. You leveled enchanting knowing spirit wasn't an available enchant, so you leveled it for other reasons.
    So how do you explain blacksmithing?

Leveling two professions with secondary stats available doesn't make one of them redundant btw. You will benefit from both of the professions perks. So one having said perk doesn't mean you will not level a 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    - 330 instead 320 Bonus to a main Attribute for LeatherWorkers.
    Enchant bracer=180 of primary stat of choice.
    Fur lining=500 of primary stat of choice

500-180=330?????

No, that was fixed(they buffed the bracer enchant by 10). LW is 320 to your primary stat like the other professions. LW is superior when it comes to Stamina gains though.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-03-13 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    For some Reason Blizzard fancies giving different perks as Profession boni:
    It's probably to try and promote diversity, but really, we all know how diversity leads to mathematical "right" and "wrong" in the micro level of play.

Also, the plural of bonus is bonuses, it's not a diminutive word, and it is not a direct translation borrow-word, so the latin suffix is -um not -i, which does not transfer to English like -i does.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be fair if they added secondary stat enchants for rings (at 320), and gave the JC serpents eyes a buff so they were worth 640 secondary stat.

I don't see it happening this expansion, even though I'm sure they have the data that says the popularity of those two professions has seriously waned since they made gemming primary stats the exception not the rule.

Agreed 100%, its really annoying that they have homogenized so many aspects of the game but can't attempt to fix professions. JC/Blacksmithing always gets called OP because of the stat versatility but would it really take a lot of effort to do it for every profession?

I'd guesstimate at most 60 new recipes, with the material requirements already done for them, and everybody would be able to pick whatever profession they want without major disadvantage. There will always be professions who have advantages in making money, but theres no reason you should be stat penalized for wanting to go x profession instead of y