[Frost] Council DPS tips?

I'm on 25 and frost. I do switch off to freeze and slow the spirits, but I'm hoping to limp my ass back into the top 8 or so. I'm typically about 12th. We're pretty close to a kill, but I'd like to perform better.

I find myself tempted to single target the empowered boss and ignore some of mechanics. Any suggestions?

I did it in 10 man but i assume its about the same. What i did was multidot with NT, keep frostbolt stacks on the empowered one make sure you have frozen orb ready during sand storm, make sure you pet freeze the loa spirit and the sandstorm adds for FoF proccs. I did about 120-140k on council doing this.

You can also Deep Freeze the spirit and fire off 3-4 ice lances while it's stunned.

If you are performing a utility role, often times that means sacrificing dps. You have to ask yourself if you can practically afford to try and bump your numbers up while doing your job. If you are needed to slow the Loa, then that should be your main worry. Every global you spend not doing that while the Loa is out is dps you are taking from your main task at hand.

In our group, the Loa goes down relatively quickly when focused. Next raid, we are going to try to limit the number of people on it to try and optimize dps uptime on the empowered council member. Since we are frost, we have bar none the best toolset for dealing with the Loa. Pet Freeze, deep freeze, frost nova, frozen orb, snares from frostbolt. Next raid, I'm going to offer to see if I can solo down the loa, given our positioning, so more of the rest of the raid's dps can go on the empowered. I know that will mean lower overall damage, but it will be serving a role to conquer the encounter.

That's just my two cents, from a 10 man perspective, maybe in 25 man the resources are more abundant and you could ask if your dps is even needed on the Loa, but then as frost, it might seem you are shirking your responsibility.