[MoP] Protection Paladin T15 Guides

This thread is only for prot paladin i will try to help the tanks here and tell them how they can tanks the booses in 5.2 TOT

I will update it every time i kill new boss

Last edited by Minaa; 2013-03-25 at 07:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a stickied thread for this called Paladin PoV - this might end up getting moved there but it's a compilation for all specs
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

i asked him before i post this if my videos that kind of videos that he can post in his thread and he told me no coz my videos is not POV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    i asked him before i post this if my videos that kind of videos that he can post in his thread and he told me no coz my videos is not POV
    Ah cool I must admit I didn't watch them as I didn't have time this morning before my lecture. Thanks for this!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to seeing your work. Watching how others play the class is always fun and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your work. Watching how others play the class is always fun and informative.
    thx Horridon 25N has been added hope it help u

Council of Elders & Tortos 10N has been added

Deleted
    For council of elders, we used a paladin healer together with me to ping pong the frost guy to avoid getting stunned. Really easy way to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    For council of elders, we used a paladin healer together with me to ping pong the frost guy to avoid getting stunned. Really easy way to deal with it.
    yes i did it once with the other tank ping pong the frost king until the buff gone but he was so good he dodge most of the frost king hits so he didn't get more then 15 stack

Deleted
    yes i did it once with the other tank ping pong the frost king until the buff gone but he was so good he dodge most of the frost king hits so he didn't get more then 15 stack
    Ehr, dodging the frost kings hits is well, about dodging, only druids can pull that off probably with their high dodge%, though it is not like it is something you actively pull of, it is just about being lucky with dodges and parries.

An avoidance tank is great on the frost king, since he can avoid the majority of the debuffs.

Deleted
    Just had a look at your horridon video, you really need to pay more attention to what you are doing. Looks like you are wasting a lot of holy power just smashing random buttons and refreshing sacred shield every 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    An avoidance tank is great on the frost king, since he can avoid the majority of the debuffs.
    More a convienience than great. A simple ping pong taunt fixes any issues. The debuff themselves does not really do anything as long as you dont get 15.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    yse but we ( prot paladins ) are not avoidance tanks any more coz we stack Haste now

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Just had a look at your horridon video, you really need to pay more attention to what you are doing. Looks like you are wasting a lot of holy power just smashing random buttons and refreshing sacred shield every 10 seconds.
    i can learn from u i didn't said that i am the best prot pala in the world i am just found ways to kill the first 5 bosses in TOT in the first week of 5.2 with normal gear from the last tear

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:40 PM ----------

Megaera 25N has been added

Deleted
    yse but we ( prot paladins ) are not avoidance tanks any more coz we stack Haste now[COLOR="red"]
    We never have been either. Have always been a combination of mitigation and stamina cushions.

Ji-kun 10 N has been added

Durumu the forgotten 10N has been added

Deleted
    You should really use 1 tank on Durumu if you are a paladin. Clear stacks at 5 with bubble.
    Absolutely no reason to use 2.

well he is easy boss he die so fast with 2 tanks and 3 healers the problem at Durumu not the dps its the tactic and how u get out from the maze me and my guild want to play save and anyway i changed my pala tank from stamina tank to haste so i am doing some good dps like the other dps too

Deleted
    well he is easy boss he die so fast with 2 tanks and 3 healers the problem at Durumu not the dps its the tactic and how u get out from the maze me and my guild want to play save and anyway i changed my pala tank from stamina tank to haste so i am doing some good dps like the other dps too
    You can never have enough dps.
    Having 1 extra dps can be the difference with the boss dieng 1 phase faster, making it considerably easier.

If you are progressing a boss, it is easier if it dies in 5 minutes than 6 minutes.

If there is no benefit in having 2 tanks, then you should not have 2 tanks. That is basically like 9 manning the boss. Yes, Durumu is easy, but that is not a good reason to make the boss harder on yourself.

And yeah, tank dps is great on Durumu, and many other fights. Think I ended on 130k on Durumu.