Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Look the first 6 on the 660ti refers to its generation, one generation ahead of the 580, the second 6 on the 660ti would be something like performance tier which goes like this 660>660ti>670>680>690, and for the past generation its the same thing but with the gen number being 5, the higher number only counts if its the second one and not the one refering to the generation of the card, a 580 is a top end card from the las gen and the 660ti is a mid end card from current gen so it actually means that the 580 might score better in synthetic benchmarks like that but it will be very close in game wise.
    Ah, I honestly had no idea...

Thanks.

(For everyone else that's helped previously. I still can't decide. I know I'm a pain. ;P

I'm more open to getting the club 3D 7870, but the 660Ti, whilst a bit more expensive, seems like a more solid choice, if apparently WoW runs better on nvidia cards and it's slightly better than the 7870.)
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-03-07 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Look the first 6 on the 660ti refers to its generation, one generation ahead of the 580, the second 6 on the 660ti would be something like performance tier which goes like this 660>660ti>670>680>690, and for the past generation its the same thing but with the gen number being 5, the higher number only counts if its the second one and not the one refering to the generation of the card, a 580 is a top end card from the las gen and the 660ti is a mid end card from current gen so it actually means that the 580 might score better in synthetic benchmarks like that but it will be very close in game wise.
    That benchmark shows the GTX 580 outpacing both a 7990 and GTX690. Not only is that benchmark inconsistent but it doesn't seem optimized for dual GPU solutions. It should be ignored entirely, which I understand that was the point you were making but that benchmark doesn't even agree with your line of logic with regards to model numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 660ti is by a little margin better overall and for wow will certainly give you better results since wow does prefer nvidia, I'd roll with that, also keep in mind that the website you linked, the passmakr one depends on samples and people might be doing alot of overclocked 580 tests and alot of non overclocked 660ti tests which would further bloat the scores for the 580.