Deleted

Gods of humans, same as the gods of the jotun?

So I was in Hoelbrak some time ago. Near the dragon's tooth there is a jotun with speech options. So went and talked to him.

So he told me how once norn and jotun were the biggest in world and stuff. And that they had some gods who helped them (the jotun) until one day when the gods disappeared. So then I remembered about the humans. The story is very similar, and it makes me wonder, do you think the gods of the jotun are the same as those of the humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to listen to him once again, but as far as I remember I thought of the old norse gods at first. Maybe because the Norn setting is even using many words from the nors mythology. But whatever, video games are just the new way to tell the old tales and a lot of them have done it so far, especially MMOs in the last years.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

No, I don't think they are the same gods. Considering that the HUMAN gods were for HUMANS only (makes sense right?), I highly doubt that they would have cared much about the jotun. And considering that the HUMAN gods didn't even come into the world of Tyria until after the jotun population had already began to heavily decline, I doubt the HUMAN gods really cared all that much about the jotun. The jotun race is ancient and predates the human race by quite a bit. The HUMAN gods entered the world after humans appeared and lived among the humans for a time before departing forever. So whatever gods the jotun is refering to, I highly doubt it is the HUMAN gods to which he refers.

yes they are the same gods

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No, I don't think they are the same gods. Considering that the HUMAN gods were for HUMANS only (makes sense right?), I highly doubt that they would have cared much about the jotun. And considering that the HUMAN gods didn't even come into the world of Tyria until after the jotun population had already began to heavily decline, I doubt the HUMAN gods really cared all that much about the jotun. The jotun race is ancient and predates the human race by quite a bit. The HUMAN gods entered the world after humans appeared and lived among the humans for a time before departing forever. So whatever gods the jotun is refering to, I highly doubt it is the HUMAN gods to which he refers.
    But that's what the humans know of their gods, it isn't necessary what's real about them.

in the end all gods are the same, but they just have different descriptions, looks and rules in different religions. :P

I doubt very much that there is room for so many gods in one world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Talked to the Jotun again yesterday. I think you're right, he's telling you that the gods once blessed the Jotun and later discovered the humans, which developed from primitive tribes to higher levels. So the gods took away magic (and something else) away from the Jotun and gave it to the humans.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus