Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Orgrimmar Music

After coming out of a random BG, I started hearing different music in Orgrimmar after patch 5.2.

After a little bit of searching through the game files, I found it.

Personally, I like this a lot more than the older Org music.

Here is the macro to play it in game.

/script PlayMusic("Sound\\Music\\Pandaria\\MUS_51_GarroshTheme_A_Hero_01.mp3")

Based on the name, I have to guess that this is Garrosh's theme or something.

Also, found a few Alliance ones too. This one is my favorite of them.

/script PlayMusic("Sound\\Music\\Pandaria\\MUS_51_AllianceBattleMarch_01.mp3")
    Last edited by Vuldyn; 2013-03-07 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    5.1 music for dominance offencive

That theme was in 5.1 at Dominance Offensive base. Am I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was seriously going to come on and open a thread about this very subject.

Orgrimmar now has been given a more sinsiter, eerie feel to it to go hand in hand with Garrosh's sinister nature. If anything, knowing that orgrimmar will become the finla raid in mists, this has likely been done as setup for that coming event, to highlight the feel of oppression within the city.

Storywise, right now org is meant to be a place that everyone is held in an iron grip of oppression by the kor'kohn, none dare speak against Garrosh, children are conscripted into the front line, and the city is no longer a home for the horde but a place of dread.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-03-07 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    oh cool, I love that tune, too bad I heard it only while killing Orcs for Shieldwall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, the music is obviously Garrosh's music, they even label it as so.

The question is, since they just slid it in there in this patch, will this music be gone after mists of pandaria when Garrosh is finally gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

The question is, since they just slid it in there in this patch, will this music be gone after mists of pandaria when Garrosh is finally gone?
    Most definitely. Makes no sense to have Garrosh's music playing when there's a new warchief. On top of that this music makes it feel like a dangerous place, like it is now, Orgrimmar will become the Horde's sanctuary again after we have dethroned Garrosh, I don't feel like I'm safe in my own capital city with this music.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Most definitely. Makes no sense to have Garrosh's music playing when there's a new warchief. On top of that this music makes it feel like a dangerous place, like it is now, Orgrimmar will become the Horde's sanctuary again after we have dethroned Garrosh, I don't feel like I'm safe in my own capital city with this music.

I had my undead guy dancing naked on the throne behind Garrosh. Nothing bad happened to me.

It's all silly talk, I swear.

Well Orgrimmar just became a whole lot more sinister... Can imagine the music might return to the former when Garrosh is dethroned, but heck, gonna enjoy this music until then. =)

Deleted
    Nice move to put that music in Org, it does indeed bring a darker, more sinister vibe.

Deleted
    Well, what's your opinion on the audio file being named Garrosh Theme: A Hero, not Garrosh Theme: A Racist Tyrant?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the music

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full title is "Garrosh Theme - Hero"

Deleted
    Stormwind has new music too, just enter a shop and you'll hear it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I hate the music
    I've seen your posts already and tbh you hate everything Wow related. Time to find new hobby perhaps?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music was there in 5.1, but was added to ORG in 5.2. Wonder if the 5.1 music was added to SW as well...

Yep, confirming that SW has new music as well. Not sure why that fits in lore wise for Alliance, but new music is always welcome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeego View Post
    Yep, confirming that SW has new music as well. Not sure why that fits in lore wise for Alliance, but new music is always welcome.
    Is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ThnpGLgpoA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, what's your opinion on the audio file being named Garrosh Theme: A Hero, not Garrosh Theme: A Racist Tyrant?
    The "Hero" label is something they use very often in music file names, I have no idea what it's supposed to label it as. It could be seen as Garrosh's self-interpretation too, since he clearly doesn't lack any confidence anymore.