Would rogue be the best 1v1 class now that 5.2 is out?

Before 5.2 they definitely were not too good. It was difficult to burst someone down quick enough in world PvP without either A) them fighting back and you having to run, or B) you couldn't kill them fast enough before people around them would notice and come help.

I've been playing my frost DK and world PvPing with him, and while it's good to gank someone and pop CDs and burst them down to no health, it's also a bit annoying not being able to pick and choose my fights like I used to do with my rogue.

So are rogues back on top for world PvP/1v1s?

I wouldn't say they are "top" in terms of 1v1 but they are definetly back! I never saw so many rogues running around Durotar yesterday since cata, some of them declaring their love for BLizzard etc :S

Deleted
    We've climbed the ladder substantially thanks to MFD and the extra energy, but my money's still on the mage.

Deleted
    Rogue is only good 1v1 vs another rogue. The whole class is still fundamentally broken with its crippling slow energy regen, amongst many other issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post
    Rogue is only good 1v1 vs another rogue. The whole class is still fundamentally broken with its crippling slow energy regen, amongst many other issues.
    So, they should increase the energy regen and make no other changes, right? Because that would be fair. How about making the regen 20% faster, but reducing the damage of every ability by 20% and reduce the number of combo points earned by 20% (remove the bonus for crits, or revealing strike or honor among thieves) so that we do exactly the same DPS before as after.

What is your problem with rogues, why is this energy regen issue quoted so many times? would you rather be forced to fill every available GCD, without time to draw breath? There may be problems with rogues, but simply saying that increasing the energy regen will make them all go away, is silly. If the class's damage is balanced around a certain energy regen, then what's the problem?

No, they won't be best 1v1 class. Maybe not in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    So, they should increase the energy regen and make no other changes, right? Because that would be fair. How about making the regen 20% faster, but reducing the damage of every ability by 20% and reduce the number of combo points earned by 20% (remove the bonus for crits, or revealing strike or honor among thieves) so that we do exactly the same DPS before as after.

What is your problem with rogues, why is this energy regen issue quoted so many times? would you rather be forced to fill every available GCD, without time to draw breath? There may be problems with rogues, but simply saying that increasing the energy regen will make them all go away, is silly. If the class's damage is balanced around a certain energy regen, then what's the problem?
    20% increase in energy regen wouldn't be as devastating to balance as you suggest, nor would it warrant the nerfs
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Rogue might well be the best 1v1 class out there if you have LoS available to restealth. But that was the case before 5.2 too.