Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

/follow no longer works in BGs, possibly not in raids

I have not confirmed the later, but a friend sent me a text about a thread on the Bliz forums confirming the change.

Going to nuke boxing if true, would have to see the loss in instances but after being subject to having to put up with so many tows recently its probably needed.

Edit to title, it still works in an instance, we got stuck with a tow so it was I confirmed you can /follow in an instance still.
    Last edited by ZeroWashu; 2013-03-06 at 12:00 AM.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Feels like the /follow feature might be somewhat useless outside roleplaying I guess.

It sure will nuke Multiboxers but I get the feeling they will be able to work around that, in some way, probably.

Excellent change, especially in bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great! I hate multiboxers!

In fact, I hope they cry themselves to sleep tonight on their solid gold bed (cause they're obviously loaded)
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-03-05 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    can only see it being a change to effect botters, but then if someone will bot then they will switch to one using waypoints.

Deleted
    Good stuff!

Deleted
    I lol'd at thoses crying multiboxers who thinks that it's legit to multibox in battleground while they're playing with 5 different accounts (4 are following) and ruining the battlegrounds.
    As the blue said, no one is supposed to follow anyone in battleground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still works in instances. Most likely still works in raids.
    You rarely hear people complain about multiboxers in PvE.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

I don't know why you can't just have a button that forcibly releases anyone following you and/or toggles whether you can be followed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Still works in instances. Most likely still works in raids.
    You rarely hear people complain about multiboxers in PvE.
    But i oftenly see peoples following in dungeons, they're not botting, they're just following, and then afking.
    And you can never kick this person cause you can't kick someone who has been recently kicked, and also you can't kick someone during and after fights, since the tank is chaining the mob packs, it's nearly impossible to kick that kind of person.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-05 at 11:41 PM.

Guess this is a blow vs botters that also hits multiboxers ...

realy welcome this in BG's. those multiboxers are annoying as hell when you get insta killed but also are realy annoying to have on your team as they often just farm HK and are to little help for the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this was Blizz's solution to botting, instead of the long-awaited Next Banwave! Roflmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    But i oftenly see peoples following in dungeons, they're not botting, they're just following, and then afking.
    And you can never kick this person cause you can't kick someone who has been recently kicked, and also you can't kick someone during and after fights, since the tank is chaining the mob packs, it's nearly impossible to kick that kind of person.
    This. I'd imagine if the code is there to stop following, it's only a matter of time (if it's not implemented already) before following is switched on in Dungeon finder and LFR too.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I guess this was Blizz's solution to botting, instead of the long-awaited Next Banwave! Roflmao.
    Whilst it doesn't fully address the issues of botting in BG it is a good change nonetheless.

Haha the way they are dealing with bots that wouldn't even sound too off.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously not, so don't be silly, They will ban, and they will keep banning for the rest of time if they have too, When people act like Blizz don't care about Bots or whatever, just shows how ignorant and stupid they are, But this change is a good thing, it's another step forward

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Haha the way they are dealing with bots that wouldn't even sound too off.
    If you're too ignorant to read what they do to try and combat botting, then commenting like this about it is silly

I don't get it, how it affects multiboxers? They are using some kind of macro software to press action buttons simultaneously on all their characters anyway, why couldn't they use it to move around simultaneously?

Deleted
    This is a brilliant change, about time. Well done Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteri View Post
    I don't get it, how it affects multiboxers? They are using some kind of macro software to press action buttons simultaneously on all their characters anyway, why couldn't they use it to move around simultaneously?
    Roots, slows, CCs, etc will knock their pattern awry.

Deleted
    I like this change. Cause although it won't negate the botting problem completely, it will surely make botting and afk'ing harder. Unless you have one of the more fancy bots that can fight on its own and even play better than some players, you'll be a lot easier to spot.