3/7/2013 5.2 Disc Atonement Hotfix

Does anyone know the full scope of the atonement crit issue? And what was actually fixed?

I tested it today, seems fixed

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    I tested it today, seems fixed
    What was the problem that needed fixing?

the heal from it was less than it should have been. seemed fixed last night. that being said, at first glance it looks weird because when you crit with a spell that heals it deals double damage but then the heal will only be half of what the damage was because of how they reworked disc's crit system, where we heal at 100% and then get a full 100% divine aegis on top of it. so for those like me who have floating combat damage and heals turned on, it will look bizarre at first.

Deleted
    My 72k~ smite crit still heals for only 41k~ + shield.

I would expect something like 80k+ heal and 90k+ shield because of mastery.

Tested on eu frostwhisper 5 minutes ago on a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slliks View Post

Nope, that's not how it works anymore. Smite crits are treated exactly as normal heal crits. Your normal smite is 41k, so your normal heal is 41k.

When you crit with a normal heal, you don't get 82k as Discipline anymore, you get 41k, and then 41k+whatever bonus from mastery as a shield. That's how the new Divine Aegis works. And seeing as Atonement is calculated as regular healing (and not nerfed by resilience on targets anymore), this is very much working as intended.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    ah yes i'm stupid >.<

ah yes i'm stupid >.<
    Not stupid. Just not up to date with how blizzard messed around all silly-like with Divine Aegis being all wonky.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't those numbers correct because if you tested on a dummy then basically you healing yourself and atonement cuts it to half the amount if healing oneself no?

Quote Originally Posted by vinividivici View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, aren't those numbers correct because if you tested on a dummy then basically you healing yourself and atonement cuts it to half the amount if healing oneself no?
    No. The normal un-crit heals were 41k as well. The point is that Discipline crits don't do double healing, but do full healing and the "double" part is absorbs now.

Atonment heals to dip into a lot of +healing factors though, so you could get a 50k holy fire and a 70k+ heal depending on your buffs/target

So up to 5.2 we used to crit with our heals and get double healing + Divine agies, and now we have normal heal + Divine agies eaquel to heal + bonus from mastery. My question is, would we get the same numbers (healing + absorb) if we applied this principe pre 5.2 (before mastery nerf)?

Quote Originally Posted by mily View Post
    So up to 5.2 we used to crit with our heals and get double healing + Divine agies, and now we have normal heal + Divine agies eaquel to heal + bonus from mastery. My question is, would we get the same numbers (healing + absorb) if we applied this principe pre 5.2 (before mastery nerf)?
    If you were running low crit, and kept to exactly the same spell usage as you were prior to 5.2, your numbers will drop.

Penance was buffed, both offensively and defensively. Holy Fire was made insta cast, and Power Word: Shield is now both cheaper and can crit.

Your numbers will drop, it's just a matter of how much they will. And how much they will depends on how well you can adapt to the new playstyle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If you were running low crit, and kept to exactly the same spell usage as you were prior to 5.2, your numbers will drop.

Penance was buffed, both offensively and defensively. Holy Fire was made insta cast, and Power Word: Shield is now both cheaper and can crit.

Your numbers will drop, it's just a matter of how much they will. And how much they will depends on how well you can adapt to the new playstyle or not.
    I will try to refraze my question. Would we get the same total number (absorb + healing) if we cast only one spell for exemple Greater heal, only one time and it crits, with exactly the same gear and mastery scaling using both new and old crit principe? Not talking about overall playstyle, just one cast that crited.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mily View Post
    I will try to refraze my question. Would we get the same total number (absorb + healing) if we cast only one spell for exemple Greater heal, only one time and it crits, with exactly the same gear and mastery scaling using both new and old crit principe? Not talking about overall playstyle, just one cast that crited.
    5.1 crits were 300% baseline, increased by mastery scaling. 5.2 are 200% baseline, increased by mastery scaling. Crits now are much smaller in their total healing capacity.

If you mean current Divine Aegis mechanic, with 5.1 mastery, we have more total healing with current 5.2 mastery.