Replacing T14 Trinkets

I know there is a 5.2 agility trinkets thread already. There are some posts in there asking about this, but I thought it'd be appropriate to devote a separate thread to it since the other one imo is more about the relative value of the trinkets compared to each other. Knowing which heroic ones are BiS is valuable info, but for the 522 versions where the diff is less appreciable, I believe a lot of people are uncertain what to pick up and what to pass to other agi users.

What is the hierarchy of 522 trinkets? Where do heroic 2/2 Bottle, 2/2 Relic, etc fit into that list? How big are the disparities?

I'm more of a lurker than a number cruncher, and I recognize that simming some of the procs and such isn't that easy, but I was curious if anyone had some educated guesses. Perhaps I should look more closely in the other thread.

Also, I believe that haste is slightly more valuable with PPM trinkets since they result in higher proc chances. That's another factor that tweaks things, though I wouldn't expect by much.

Similar questions, no need for a new thread. I have non-upgraded N Bottle and Relic of Xuen, which is best to replace with the 522 valor trinket? I assume normal bottle but I really dislike the Relic proc mechanics and Bottle almost always lines up better.

AMR says Vicious Talisman is bis, which is I imagine because of the hit value on it as well as the massive proc of agi. could be way wrong, I'm no theorycrafter

Might as well put this here. Tonight I got the 528 Bad Juju. Going to replace my 496 Terror in the Mist, however Femaledwarf says its a DPS decrease. Does that sound right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Might as well put this here. Tonight I got the 528 Bad Juju. Going to replace my 496 Terror in the Mist, however Femaledwarf says its a DPS decrease. Does that sound right?
    Most sites do not have good methods of simulating RealPPM items. Bad Juju is one of them.

My math shows it as, on average, being one of the better trinkets even with conservative estimates on proc rates and haste values. It will be better than your TiTM even if it doesn't proc until the maximum RealPPM time possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Most sites do not have good methods of simulating RealPPM items. Bad Juju is one of them.

My math shows it as, on average, being one of the better trinkets even with conservative estimates on proc rates and haste values. It will be better than your TiTM even if it doesn't proc until the maximum RealPPM time possible.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Tbh Bad Juju isn't good at all IMO. I got the normal version and did some testing, its proc rate is way too random. Sometimes it would only proc once in a 6 minute test, sometimes it would proc 3 times back to back, sometimes it would proc during cds and most of the time it proc'd without cds.

I've found the valor trinket to be a much better upgrade if you're looking for a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by omnii View Post
    Tbh Bad Juju isn't good at all IMO. I got the normal version and did some testing, its proc rate is way too random. Sometimes it would only proc once in a 6 minute test, sometimes it would proc 3 times back to back, sometimes it would proc during cds and most of the time it proc'd without cds.

I've found the valor trinket to be a much better upgrade if you're looking for a trinket.
    I've had a similair experience with Bad Juju. The proc rate / chance is so useless I was thinking about making a bug report ticket for it... It just seems abnormally poor most of the time.

Yeah honestly the proc makes the trinket 100% useless. BUT knowing bilzzard, they MIGHT buff the trinket. So if you do have it, I'd keep it just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it seems now, Bad Juju is heavily bugged and the RPPM on it isn't working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.