Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Storm, Earth, and Fire WeakAura

Hello, i'm working on a SEF aura that could track target's health (maybe not 100% accuracy).
    I thought that the best way to test it is to share with others and let them try it, catching suggestions and improvements

For now it keeps track of your SEF and SEF's targets (my mainly purpose was to know if my SEF are next to disappear)
    It also provides an "alert" if you are targetting the same target of one of them (a simply red flashing textures overlapping the icon)

Aura is "customizable", i mean, atleast the core provides, for each SEF summoned:
    - target's name, lost health, max health, health%
    - SEF name, icon, lost health, max health, health%

Well, code is little tricky cause target must be save at spell cast and tracked by his id in the logs, calculating damage and healing on himself, so there could be some inaccuracies when updating the health pools (i haven't tested the healing part yet). For this, If /reload is typed when SEF were already summoned, the tracking is lost.

Just let me know bugs or suggestions, and i hope you can find it useful.

LINK

EDIT: Code improved and SEF's health is tracked too now, new look with target's name.
    Last edited by mmoc38d4f6d7f1; 2013-03-09 at 03:40 AM.

This is awesome, it sounds like it's exactly what I was looking for! Very cool. I'm at work now, but will definitely check it out later today.

Since you obviously figured out how to do it, can you briefly detail how to create a weakaura that pops up only when you target the same target as one of your clones?

Thanks for this, I'll try it out when I get home.

Deleted
    Tracking is tricky as i said, what is essential is the GUID of your SEF target.
    Once you got that, saved somewhere (ex, variable named SEF.target), and a variable that keep track if you got SEF active (easily trackable by PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE event or with API function GetTotemInfo()) you can simply do an aura with custom triggers:
    - Trigger: return (SEF.active and SEF.target == UnitGUID("target"));
    - UnTrigger: return not (SEF.active and SEF.target == UnitGUID("target")); -- just the negation of trigger function

The non-trivial fact is that you can't retrieve the targets of your SEF in any moment in time, so neither their infos (healts, name, ecc..), cause there is no API to retrieve totem's target. What i found is that you can save them from SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event and use them until SEF duration.

I understand your method, I just don't have the LUA skills to create the whole thing myself. If you're too busy or prefer to focus on your more feature-rich version that's cool, it's still a huge help.

Very cool, I'll be sure to try this out tonight.

This is awesome. I wouldn't have even had a clue where to start with this.

First ad msot importantly, thank you. this is amazing.

Second, SEF health tracking isn't working, I'm assuming it's the blue bar, which does not move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    First ad msot importantly, thank you. this is amazing.

Second, SEF health tracking isn't working, I'm assuming it's the blue bar, which does not move.
    Strange, it works fine for me.
    Did you try to let him aggro a mob and wait if he get damaged?
    Remember that he also heal himself when you cast, for example, chi wave.

Nice WeakAura. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shamarox View Post
    Strange, it works fine for me.
    Did you try to let him aggro a mob and wait if he get damaged?
    Remember that he also heal himself when you cast, for example, chi wave.
    It definitely was not working for me at the time I posted. I log on today and it works fine. Strange.

All i nall, great WA. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    < snip >
    Interesting way to go about it, Where are you making changes to showing the name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Interesting way to go about it, Where are you making changes to showing the name?
    First post edited, how is actually look like

Obviously, dimension and position of icons\bars\texts are easy to change if you want.
    Last edited by mmoc38d4f6d7f1; 2013-03-09 at 05:31 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing and exactly what I was looking for. Just tested it and ... THANK YOU!

15+ Year Old Account
    First post edited, how is actually look like

Obviously, dimension and position of icons\bars\texts are easy to change if you want.
    I like the look of that one much better what height is that? like 300ish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I like this WeakAura there is just 1 problem

The health % tracker dosnt move, which means no matter what HP the mob have left it says 100% hp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almex View Post
    I like this WeakAura there is just 1 problem

The health % tracker dosnt move, which means no matter what HP the mob have left it says 100% hp.
    Strange at most of you it works... i did a little update, try to redownload it or, if it still doesn't work, try to update weakauras if you didn't do that yet

Strange at most of you it works... i did a little update, try to redownload it or, if it still doesn't work, try to update weakauras if you didn't do that yet
    I updated WA and pasted in a new code.

Seems to work now. (Atleast with 1 spirit up).

Also can't get the mob % hp to work properly. Updated Weak Auras and imported the string again but no luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almex View Post
    I updated WA and pasted in a new code.

Seems to work now. (Atleast with 1 spirit up).
    It works just with one but not with two at the same time, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Also can't get the mob % hp to work properly. Updated Weak Auras and imported the string again but no luck.
    Any particular errors?