Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Typically you should wait until you have two tier T15 pieces before you break T14 4 piece. You should break even with the 522 pieces if they aren't tier, but it's more beneficial to just wait until you can go T14 2 piece and T15 2 piece.
    I broke my four piece as soon as I got 522 shoulders. Wrathcalcs said it was a noticeable DPS increase for me to break it on my first piece of 522 gear. I was coming from 504 T14 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Serejai View Post
    I broke my four piece as soon as I got 522 shoulders. Wrathcalcs said it was a noticeable DPS increase for me to break it on my first piece of 522 gear. I was coming from 504 T14 pieces.
    With current ilevels, you're almost automatically at the non-4 piece haste plateau anyway (even if you try to reforge out of haste), so there's hardly any stats savings by hanging onto that 4 piece. Plus with current crit levels, the amount of shooting stars procs you get, ensures your dots almost never fall off without the set bonus anyway.

Essentially the 4-piece from t14 loses value as we gear up; it's main benefit was only needed when we took too long to reach eclipse states (which isn't an issue anymore).

So it makes sense that it's at worst break even, and at best a gain to drop 4-piece for 522 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serejai View Post
    Correct, and I saw the same thing with some haste/mastery gloves I got from Oondasta. Typically, between tiers we've held onto 4 piece bonuses until we could concurrently get 2 piece from each tier, but the ilvl jump is very significant this tier. Just go with what WrathCalcs say, it's usually right.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 04:10 PM ----------

Just moved the normal list into the most current WrathCalcs, going to change a few numbers because of the trinket changes. For this gear set, Cha-Ye's + Hydra are the best options, and UVLS surpasses Hydra once we get into heroic gear.

I also tested off-pieces again, but it seems the Anima-Ringed Fingers are still the best option. On heroic, though, there's just too much haste between it and the Boomkin chest piece, and unfortunately it's not possible to reforge all of it.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-03-22 at 11:11 PM.

Hey for some reason wrathcalcs isn't updated for this patch for me. I've tried redownloading it about 20 times I'm probably doing something silly and missing something can anyone help? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
    Hey for some reason wrathcalcs isn't updated for this patch for me. I've tried redownloading it about 20 times I'm probably doing something silly and missing something can anyone help? Thanks!
    Is it from here? http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114017-...1/#post2266290

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yeah, use Juvencus' link. The WrathCalcs in the first post on EJ isn't always the most up-to-date, it's always safer to go to the last page and go backwards for the most recent revision.

Hello there! Firstly, thanks for all the effort with the BiS lists. I just wanted to ask something regarding trinket choices.

I am currently trying to decide which trinket to use with the VP one (SPA). I currently have Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen (N), Breath of the Hydra (LFR), or Essence of Terror (N).

Which trinket would you recommend I use?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    I am currently trying to decide which trinket to use with the VP one (SPA). I currently have Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen (N), Breath of the Hydra (LFR), or Essence of Terror (N).
    Use Wrath Calcs and you will know. Although in this case, you don't even need to since it's really obvious that Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen is clearly the best choice (assuming you aren't wasting any procs - make a big warning in Weak Auras).

is there any reason why we are not using the resto tier chest piece With haste/crit on it over Balance chest With mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    is there any reason why we are not using the resto tier chest piece With haste/crit on it over Balance chest With mastery?
    Because you have the option for 1 Thunderforged item. Since TF chest is only HC, the only option is the gloves I guess
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-04-03 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Because you have the option for 1 Thunderforged item. Since TF chest is only HC, the only option is the gloves I guess
    Pretty much what Juv said.

I've compared many pieces, and resto T15 chest was included in those comparisons - it's significantly below the gloves, but when we get into heroics the chest piece from Ra-den is best.

if your doing 10 mans you most likey will never seen the TF gloves should i would still take resto chest till the day it does drop

The trinket priority list should be as follows (SPA = Shado-Pan Assault Valor trinket):

Cha-Ye's (TF) > Hydra (TF) > UVLS (TF) > Cha-Ye's (N) > Breath (N) > SPA > UVLS (N) > LotC (H) (2 upgrades) > LotC (H) > EoT (H) (2 upgrades) > EoT (H) > RoY (2 upgrades) > RoY
    Has anyone done a master list with Heroics down to LFRs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    Not as far as I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    http://elitistjerks.com/attachments/...lcs_130403.xls

Have at it!

With the Upgrades comming back im guesing the list is gona change on some parts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    With the Upgrades comming back im guesing the list is gona change on some parts
    It'll change marginally, but I doubt anything extreme. Maybe one piece with spirit will be swapped out for a spirit-less option, but that's about it.

With the upcomming ilvl600 claok i gues weel see more changes aswell as upgrades

Deleted
    Cha-Ye's (TF) > Hydra (TF) > UVLS (TF) > Cha-Ye's (N) > Breath (N) > SPA > UVLS (N) > LotC (H) (2 upgrades) > LotC (H) > EoT (H) (2 upgrades) > EoT (H) > RoY (2 upgrades) > RoY
    An update to this (including Wushoolay's) would be really lovely since quite a bit has changed since that post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    An update to this (including Wushoolay's) would be really lovely since quite a bit has changed since that post.
    I'd be inclined to write one up, but it'd only be applicable to 5.3 and the changes coming with that patch. It'd be confusing (and a waste) if I wrote one pertaining to 5.2 now and then one for 5.3 in however long it'll be - I've had people say it'll be by the start of May.

Though yeah, it's a good idea for people to see. Remember that trinkets really change with what you have on, so it's difficult to make a definitive list.