Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is the low elo op jungler now?

I have been diligently getting my elo up. I was getting close to silver tier with Xin. Never thought he was super op when I was playing him until I saw ppl talking about it. Then riot nerfed him, now every game I play with him is a loss unless the enemy is really stupid, or my team is good(rarely happens).

Now that I can't play Xin jungle in solo queue anymore.

What jungler is so op atm he can carry a game?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xin is still really good.

Though, it's more about how good you are as a jungler than which champion is powerful. Sure it helps to be playing an overtuned champion, but being a skilled jungler and being able to counter jungle, predict ganks and counter gank is much more important.

Though to answer your question, Jarvan is seeing a lot of play right now and is getting buffs in the next patch. Xin is still very strong, the nerfs hurt a bit, but he is still good. Darius is a pubstomper in games where people don't ward very often, as he can deal massive amounts of damage early with very few items. Though his ult will be up less often now.

I can't really think of one champion that is just amazing in the jungle right now. Though since you were playing xin before the patch, just keep playing him. Personally I think your mentality is skewed here. Yes he did receive nerfs, but no they weren't that bad. If you just say that Xin is bad and I can't win with him anymore, you aren't going to.

ty Plz lock this thread.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Though to answer your question, Jarvan is seeing a lot of play right now and is getting buffs in the next patch.
    Why would you call that a buff? Sure his shield gets buffed a little bit but they take his amazing armor aura away

Deleted
    Eve is still good, don't know why people say she's useless these days. Few days ago I was bored and watched some Voyboy games (he's like 2500 elo), all ranked, and the 3 games I saw all had an Eve jungle or Eve banned. AP or AP/Bruiser still seems to work very good. Since low elo games generally have less map awareness, her ganks are still good as fuck.

As for the others:

Xin is still good.
    Jarvan seems to be FOTM really.
    Vi is still good.

If you have to rely on an "OP" champ, you won't get any higher. It's quite strange that low elo seems to depend on specific champs for specific lanes, and anything else is just bad. While at high elo you see things like Ez top, Karthus jungle, Eve jungle, Diana top etc. a lot and people really don't care.

I actually really like Wukong. He can build tanky, his jungle clear is fast and he doesn't suffer too much damage if properly leashed and getting smiteless blue. And a major plus, he can pull off surprise engages even when in plain sight. Yes you'll be vulnerable, but if you have a secondary aoe knockup or, stun or damage, (Malphite, Cho, Sona, Miss Fortune, etc) the initial engage ( W -> E -> R) is usually enough to wipe out a great portion of the enemy team.

I'm going to start practice with J4 myself soon.

Seen a lot of Hecarims lately. Very quick, still does a lot of damage when built tanky, good initiate.
    RETH

Vi,Xin,J4. Are my top 3. Good ganks, good early game and can snowball. Also 2 of them have very safe level 2 red steals with the ability to dodge wards and escape if given a smiteless blue

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly, I'm finding Nasus to be damn near fail-proof.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Why would you call that a buff? Sure his shield gets buffed a little bit but they take his amazing armor aura away
    Well personal buffs lol. Shield mana cost, and more AS off of his banner iirc. Though I kind of hastily read te patch notes so it is very likely I read a few things wrong.

Deleted
    I'd actually go with an unsung hero in Shyv. You can get her nice, tanky, and still do stupid damage while making sure their jungler has a ridiculously bad time. But it kinda depends a bit on your laners, they NEED to have a slow or snare or stun to really make her ganks work.

Deleted
    Volibear (I said it, this guy is sleeping op), Vi, J4, Xin, Kayle, Shaco, Kha6, Elise

All these are very strong junglers, bolded the ones I find to be strongest soloqueue junglers.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Uh.... Xin is op and can carry games. Actually is you bother to watch ANY of the LCS at all he is ban or picked like 90%+ of the time.
    LCS is always behind on patches

The nerfs hit him that's true but that din't make him useless in the jungle. OP is exaggerating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I have been playing him the past few days and didn't even realize he had been nerfed. I am still buying same items, still ganking like a boss. My clear time is still good. My disruption is still amazing. Yep, he is totally worthless as the OP suggests. =D
    What really makes or a break a good xin player is how they use the ult. It has so much potential to win team fights, but it also has so much potential to make things go horribly wrong. A bit like j4, but less catastrophic usually.

Plenty of strong junglers at the moment, especially at low elo where just about everything works. At the end of the day however, you have to actually be well practiced with any jungler if you want to get the most out of them. Some are easier than others (Xin for example is pretty damn easy for most of his kit, perhaps minus his ult), but the more familiar you are with how they can manage in different situations, the better you'll generally do.

There's your usual junglers who will just about always be good at their role; Nocturne, Lee Sin, Mundo, and they aren't really likely to change. So if you get insanely good at them, you will generally be able to carry games.

In my personal opinion though, the junglers I am finding that I can have the most impact on games with currently are, in no particular order:

- Vi
    - Xin
    - J4
    - Hecarim
    - Nautilus

Now Vi, Xin and J4 are generally great because they can gank hard, gank early, and are generally safe from counterjungling / can counterjungle comfortably. They also bring great initiation and tankyness, combined with some great damage.

Hecarim & Naut are different in that they generally take a bit longer to ramp up, but they also have excellent ganks and impact on a teamfight, but do (generally) do less damage but can take more punishment.

It really depends what you prefer. Myself, I climbed from Silver 3 --> Gold playing just about only Nautilus. Some people don't enjoy playing him as he is susceptible to counterjungling early, but that just meant I had to make it abundantly clear to my team that I WOULD need help if I got invaded early game. If you're not happy to take that risk, then Vi/Xin/J4 would be more suitable.

Once again though, I practiced Nautilus for at least 30-40 games before I took him into ranked. Understanding your champ's role and what they are capable of will do far more for you than simply picking a champ which a pro picks. You can pick the strongest champ in the game at the moment, but if you suck ass with them, it's not going to do you any good.

Like I always say, you're better off mastering just 2 of the junglers I've listed above and playing them, than learning how to play 6 champions on an 'average' level of skill and understanding.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Deleted
    Currently I use the tanky, initiating, safe, good ganking junglers like J4, Xin or Vi depending on their set-up and our set-up. If we have good cc and initiation already I just go for Shaco or Eve. Shaco got nerfed a tad, but it still damn good at what he does. Just don't build him glass cannon or you'll generally get useless near end-game.

Eve is still Eve, she's a pain because of her passive. Is also damn good for ganking lanes who have some hard CC. I do build her a tad glasscannon, meaning AP generally. Works pretty damn well in some scenarios.

All in all, jungling isn't as much about the champions then it is about the game. You have to have map awareness, you have to keep an eye on timers to try and predict where their jungler is. Shaco is ideal for this since he's so good at invading and warding the entire place in combination with his boxes. You has to has balls to counterjungle, yet don't be stupid to just rush to your grave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have been diligently getting my elo up. I was getting close to silver tier with Xin. Never thought he was super op when I was playing him until I saw ppl talking about it. Then riot nerfed him, now every game I play with him is a loss unless the enemy is really stupid, or my team is good(rarely happens).

Now that I can't play Xin jungle in solo queue anymore.

What jungler is so op atm he can carry a game?
    (1) Sounds like you are placed EXACTLY where you are supposed to be

(2) The very fact that you went from winning the "majority" of your matches (pre-nerf) to losing more matches (post-nerf) speaks directly to the fact that Xin was in fact OP.

If a Bronze player can pull out a win for his team when playing Xin regardless of his own skill, teammates skill, or opponents skill, then something is wrong.

I think you need to come to terms with your own skill and improve that if you are really interested in ranking up.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    ty Plz lock this thread.
    LOL WHAT...?

Afraid someone was going to call you out on being bad after you got the info you needed... tough break, been done.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:18 AM ----------

Hah, I have been playing him the past few days and didn't even realize he had been nerfed. I am still buying same items, still ganking like a boss. My clear time is still good. My disruption is still amazing. Yep, he is totally worthless as the OP suggests. =D
    Because the OP is a bad flavor of the month player... "diligently working toward silver" (not actually in silver yet) is anyone else not seeing this. Read between the lines here folks. The dude just wants to be OP, and no interest in actually getting better.

I'd be interested to see your progress to see how "diligently" you've really been working this season.

Mod Warning: He asked a question that made a reasonable thread that had good discussion, and you came in and bashed him out of the blue. Please refrain from doing so in the future, as it will result in an infraction and not a warning.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-03-09 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Vi or Hecarim I guess. Still won´t make any difference anyways unless you change your attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    (1) Sounds like you are placed EXACTLY where you are supposed to be
    He didn't actually claim anything else this time, what's the point of this statement?

2) The very fact that you went from winning the "majority" of your matches (pre-nerf) to losing more matches (post-nerf) speaks directly to the fact that Xin was in fact OP.
    If a Bronze player can pull out a win for his team when playing Xin regardless of his own skill, teammates skill, or opponents skill, then something is wrong.
    This isn't a "omfg xin isnt op at all y nerf?"-thread, he realized Xin was OP.

I think you need to come to terms with your own skill and improve that if you are really interested in ranking up.
    LOL WHAT...?
    Afraid someone was going to call you out on being bad after you got the info you needed... tough break, been done.
    What exactly is the point of "calling him out on being bad" (lol, you realize how dumb this sounds?)? This is actually one of the few "legit" threads by Pandragon, I don't see anything wrong with it, and I see no reason to outright flame the guy for this.

He got his answer, but there's no need to close the thread as it sparkles some interesting discussions.

Because the OP is a bad flavor of the month player... "diligently working toward silver" (not actually in silver yet) is anyone else not seeing this. Read between the lines here folks. The dude just wants to be OP, and no interest in actually getting better
    I'd be interested to see your progress to see how "diligently" you've really been working this season.
    Seems to me you have something against "FotM-players", or Pandragon personallly. If he just wants to be OP, let him be OP.

As long as he's not spouting the usual "im stuck in elo hell yadayada" stuff, there's no reason to call him out on being bad (which essentially doesn't really help him either, how about being more constructive???).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    What exactly is the point of "calling him out on being bad" (lol, you realize how dumb this sounds?)? This is actually one of the few "legit" threads by Pandragon, I don't see anything wrong with it, and I see no reason to outright flame the guy for this.

He got his answer, but there's no need to close the thread as it sparkles some interesting discussions.
    Exactly this. He asked a question, got some answers and people started a discussion about junglers. Which is exactly what should happen when someone makes a thread about junglers. However, coming in to the thread and targeting a poster, be it the op or another one, is not acceptable and derails the thread quickly. Also, we don't lock threads when it is requested by someone unless it is an obvious "I goofed when I made this" or something very unusual.