Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    It shocks me that there's so much support for this expansion when considering everything, it's quite subpar.
    It also shocks me that some people have such a hard time understanding that people like different things. Just because YOU think its subpar doesn't mean everyone else does.

It shocks me that there's so much support for this expansion when considering everything, it's quite subpar.
    Well, when you also consider people can have different opinions you'll realize people might actually like the expansion. I know shocker! /sarcasm
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by suicidebears View Post
    my favorite tier of raiding was ulduar hard modes when it was cutting edge content. perfect blend of skill/fun/challenge required. even going for tribute to insanity was infinitely more fun and challenging than this. and less complex.
    I don't think there's much difference between the amount of mechanics in MoP raids and the mechanics in ulduar hardmodes. I remember hardmode Freya and firefighter being about as complex and deadly.

one word- Quality>Quantity

imo, the raids in tbc and even in wotlk, just gelled in so well together. The bosses 'felt" epic. firefighter, lk heroic to name the very few.
    Now that identity is either lost, or the game is too stale to make you have that epic feeling again. I dont know i might be wrong , but thats the reason i said goodbye and quit wow last tier , after raiding for 3 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I've only killed the first 3 bosses in the new raid, but they are fairly similar for the most part. I'm hoping it gets a little better the further in I go.

Council and Horridon just feel kind of thrown together. Like they had a list of like 20 mechanics, and had to choose 6-7 mechanics for each fight. The boss fights are just very chaotic. We did a couple pulls on Tortos, and they seems a bit more interesting.
    It get's more intresting after megaera, but maybe that was just me. That being said, we only got to 7/12 this far and have no pulls on 8th yet.

I got to agree with HoF being bad, the only mechanic / boss there I actually liked was imperial vizier zor'lok and especially on heroic. Terrace was much more intresting overall, but I were quite disappointed with heroic sha of fear phase 2 because it basically didn't change at all except for more adds over time.

MSV I think was the best overall as far as mechanics go, but even that is limited basically to elegon.

I just hope the rest of throne of thunder is better than the first half was, can't wait to unlock heroic aswell!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least the raids in MoP are far beyond better than the snorefest that was DS. And also you may not like it but others myself included are enjoying this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what the OP is trying to get at.

Current encounters are lazily designed in the sense that they just throw more crap at you instead of sitting down and putting the effort into nutting out a cleaner and elegant but still challenging encounter. Safety dance was a good example.

I expect someone falling within the realm of Gabe's Internet Fuckwad Theory to rip into me for stating my own personal experience with this like it's a crime, but I've honestly found that what's frustrated me the most about raiding (to the point where I don't anymore) is that there is just too much shit flying around my screen. They can only make the raid encounters so complex, the spell rotations so complex, bolt on so many new arbitrary resource mechanics and make the required situational awareness so complex before is stops being fun (for me.)
    Last edited by Klingers; 2013-03-08 at 07:17 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I'm not really seeing a difference in the complexity of the bosses from the current tier (i've only killed 4 and tried 5 so far) compared to other tiers. For every boss you name such as Heigan with just 1 or 2 mechanics, I can go back to a raid tier and find something like Illidari council or Kaelthas which probbly have more mechanics, stuff to interrupt and aoe abilities as any bosses we see today.

I notice a lot of people mentioning Horridon but I don't see much complexity in just nuking down adds basically in order of biggest to smallest and trying to interript their casts (something that we've been doing since Vanilla). It's almost identical to noth the Plague bringer.... You interrupt some adds, dispell some debuffs and nuke down adds in a certain order and nuke the boss. EXACTLY the same as noth.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-03-08 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torunscar View Post
    To the OP: Mark my words, 5.4 or 5.5 will bring us a classic raid finder tool which will scale us down to whatever level of raid we queue for so you'll be able to do the old raids at level to your hearts content.
    I would totally resub if they did something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I get what the OP is trying to get at.

Current encounters are lazily designed in the sense that they just throw more crap at you instead of sitting down and putting the effort into nutting out a cleaner and elegant but still challenging encounter. Safety dance was a good example.

I expect someone falling within the realm of Gabe's Internet Fuckwad Theory to rip into me for stating my own personal experience with this like it's a crime, but I've honestly found that what's frustrated me the most about raiding (to the point where I don't anymore) is that there is just too much shit flying around my screen. They can only make the raid encounters so complex, the spell rotations so complex, bolt on so many new arbitrary resource mechanics and make the required situational awareness so complex before is stops being fun (for me.)
    The snake heads boss is something I belive fits with "cleaner and elegant but still challenging encounter".

Has there been an expansion that wasn't considered subpar?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I would totally resub if they did something like that.
    Yep and then you'd get bored after a couple of months of doing bosses you farmed for 6 months already.

OP must be stuck on 2nd boss ;p

Anyways I do think things CAN be a cluster kitten in certain fights. But over all I think MoP has some of the best content WoW has ever seen and I have been playing since 2005. fUUU thats to long ago.

Then it will really shock you that this is my favourite xpac so far and i've been playing and raiding since Vanilla.

i remember dpsing heigan with just a tank and a healer alive with everyone cheering on the last 3-4 people remaining.. that was a LOT more fun than... ADDS... void zones... ADDS... dispel... void zone... aoe damage... ADDS.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Wasn't heigan the guy where people got teleported away and had to do adds on their way back? Good luck doing that with 4 guys. Oh, you're talking about the new heigan. Hardly a challenge anymore.

While some of the T14 and T15 raidbosses are not that great the majority is, indeed, fun.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-03-08 at 07:33 AM.

Terrace was the dullest raid in a long while. In my opinion Elegon and the entire HoF were very much good in terms of design. Nothing can be as bad as Dragon Soul and Trial of the Crusader, I am assured.
    Last edited by muwatallis; 2013-03-08 at 09:55 AM.

I liked elegon and the spirit kinds. Didn't like will of the emperor and most of HoF. Garalon was certainly new but I'm not sure i'd call him interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    complexity for complexity sake?

what happened to challenging but still fun?

i raided every expansion in competitive guilds spanning 40 mans, to heroic 10 man... and for some reason this expansion... these raid designs really bother me. the only way i can describe the raid design is with a hipsterish/condescending attitude.

i remember a fight as simple as heigan with the safety dance... the fight had like 2 mechanics, was challenging enough but still FUN... what happened to that design? clever mechanics... not just 8-10 random things thrown on the floor/adds...

just seems super lazy to me
    What is this... I dont even.... my head is full of 'fuck'.

T14 wasnt complicated. WotLK Naxx was a neutered version of the vanilla raid, essentially 'naxx for dummies'. I dont play anymore so I cant speak of T15 but if its giving you a hard time then good for Blizzard.

Maybe you are just sick of raiding in WoW? Maybe pet battles would tickle your fancy of simple yet challenging. Actually, do yourself a favor and just uninstall the game before you hurt somebody/yourself due to burnout rage. Theres simply no hope for you when you consider strafing to be engaging gameplay.
    Last edited by Zenko; 2013-03-08 at 07:46 AM.

rose tinted glass and nostalgia make every past raid look the pinnacle of blizzard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

i fid the MoP raids to be the best yet.

didn't got to raid in vanilla or TBC i admit. started in TBC, and was only lvl 70 for 3 days before wrath, but wrath raids where so easy and simple (except for a few in ulduar and LK perhaps.

cata was just bad, but i'm having tons of fun in Mop.