megaera 10 man problem....

hey guys, im here to ask some help about this boss, after have wiped a full night on this boss, we got one attemp very close at the 7th head, but usually we wipe at the 5-6th head

here our composition

tanks:dk
    Pally

dps:ele
    mage
    lock
    dk
    rogue

healer: priest
    priest
    monk

we have wiped all the night on this order kill Poison>fire>frost>poison>fire>frost>poison

at the 5-6th head, we are having a lot of thing to control in same time, the poison is hurting lot the grp, beam to kite(generaly when its healer are kiting its even so hars to heal tanks) cinder ect...

so im here to ask some help, i will like have some people who have killed this boss explaining their strategy ect... Thx lot we need help, sad that we have stocked all the night on this fight

There's not much strategy to it. We used the same kill order you did, Green > Red > Blue. If blue is a big problem for you, you can do Green > Red > Green > Blue, or Green > Red > Green > Red > Blue. Tank damage will get high but the fight will be a lot more controlled at the end with less blue beams.

Stack in front of the kill target during rampage and heal, then spread out. People need to move away from the green bolts, but they hit pretty soft so it's not a big deal. Kite the blue beam along the back of the room, left to right. When someone gets a fire debuff they need to mop it up, get your priest to give them a sprint bubble. If there's no blue things up, have the debuffed person move to the back and get dispelled, they'll despawn eventually and they don't take up much room. You just need to make sure you mop up any blue puddles quickly or you will run out of room. Tank damage can get high, but you just have to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got Megaera tonight. We did Poison>Frost>Fire>Frost>Fire>Frost>Poison. Our healers found it a lot easier to deal with the fire and ice mechanics than they did the poison. Having only one poison head in the back drastically reduces the aoe bomb damage and completely prevents the possibility of two poison heads bombing the raid at once and two-shotting people, as happened to us last night. We originally tried doing it the way you do, but noticed an improvement once we changed the ordering. Hope it helps y'all like it did us.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the enrage timer is on this fight, if there even is one considering the fight itself is a soft enrage from the moment you kill a head, but we decided to go with 4 healers and it seems to work well. The problem we had was having a poison bomb on the raid at the same time as a 2 stacked breath on the tanks at around the 5/6th head which usually led to one of them dying. Later realised that the breath is a DoT effect and thus, can be nullified with hand of purity nicely. Having your tanks stack stamina is also a good idea here.

We found that having the healers stay nearer the front, and having the ranged behind helped with the ice/fire debuffs. Also, it's better to simply jump over the ice patch rather than run around, they don't hurt much and you can even run the beams of ice over the same path by simply running and jumping across each time so this save's space. Have an area to stack up in that is between where your healer's and ranged are standing during the fight and make sure no-one drop's crap there.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-03-08 at 05:16 AM.

nice to explain your strat here, i wish i could have other strat of people who killed this boss, if you can help us, but its already good to see people explaining their strat, we are going to return on it sunday and hope seriously to have a kill on this boss

p.s ty everyone

we did the same kill order as you did
    during the rampage we had everyone stack up next to the head for aoe healing/cds
    I'm sure a few more tries and you can get it down, a lot of it has to do with controlling the beams

i heard that some people dit it with 4 healers, like hypasonic, what was your kill order if you were 4 healing this? or any other strat is always welcome ty!

Deleted
    Stack up for every rampage and use one or more raid cooldowns per rampage. We tank swapped every 2 breaths. Tanks take the most damage when green and red are up.

Deleted
    We tried with going;

Poison, Fire, Poison, Fire, Frost, Poison, Fire.

It fucked up the healers though which hated the Frost so they made us ignore frost..

Meaning we only killed Poison & Fire and cycled through those. The tank damage in the end was insane especially when tanking the Fire one (forst gets the attackspeed buff but no damage increase).

It worked though so i gues that's also an option if a specific head scares the shit out of you.

Frost is easily the worst on 10 for healers, and I wouldn't advise killing it more than once for ease on tank healing.

Green->Red->Green->Red->Blue->Red->Green

Reason behind going red-blue red is to not have a fire head alive in the final phase as that is the one that can cause a tank death via breath. Frost's breath, on the other hand, is quite manageable.

healing comp was sham / paladin / alt 496 disc priest. 4 healing is really not necessary.
    Last edited by Ezzyo; 2013-03-08 at 09:24 AM.

We ended up going blue, red, green, blue, red, green, blue but I'm not sure it's optimal, just worked for us. I (pala tank) was using my divine protection for 40% reduction for every 3rd breath then after tanking red one I'd run to rampage spot in front of next to be dps'd head and pop lights hammer down to help healing and bubble myself with 8s left on rampage to reduce the damage taken. I tried speccing purity to reduce the red dot down but that meant divine protection wasn't up for every 3rd breath which was harder for us to deal with. We had enough dps to kill each head with only 3 breaths per section which made everything a lot easier as we didn't need to tank swap but if you have to do 4 breaths I'd expect a requirement to tank switch after the 2nd.

Deleted
    Truth be told, there is no reason to not skip one head if you have problems with the mechanic. The AS increase is manageable.

Deleted
    Seems like your having a healing issue there. Be sure both of your priests are speccing cascade, you can rotate it on each poison blast coming. Also you can use spirit shell every cooldown on rampage and rotate the bigger cooldowns on rampage if needed. It can be hard with your healing setup, we killed it with Disco/Monk/Shaman and didin't need to rotate anything. Just use cooldowns wisely and when healers need to kite beam, pop some hots and shields on tanks.

It's easier fight than it looks, stack on rampage and avoid things after that.

Deleted
    we also tried it (her? what gender are hydras?) last night but didnt have too much time. we used 4 healers (2 disc priests, pala and shaman) and we went
    green -> blue -> red -> blue -> green -> blue -> last one doesnt matter, for the most time. our healers found it too difficult to heal the green aoe so we went for a green first and green sixth head kill and that showed quite some improvement. we didnt kill her (it) last night but we only realized we could use hand of purify for the tanks until the very last try but we are gonna use it next time and the boss should go down.