How good is askmrrobot.com

as the title says, Does askmrrobot, actually maximize your dps? and is it any good to use?

Quote Originally Posted by xXxexpertxXx View Post
    as the title says, Does askmrrobot, actually maximize your dps? and is it any good to use?
    It's a good start, but the main issue with all theorycrafting is that it usually expects you to do 100% optimized "rotation/skill-choice".

You might for example have one stat being optimal if you can stand still and nuke, but when you have to move or other things happen, that means you can only perform 90% efficient, another stat might become better. You need to check what skills you tend to use most and use the stat that fits your playstyle best.

I tend to check it sometimes, mostly to see how I can get hit-capped with reforging and gemming in an easy way.
    In the darkness all cats are gray...
    www.onyxsoft.se - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better =)

Quote Originally Posted by blackeagle View Post
    It's a good start, but the main issue with all theorycrafting is that it usually expects you to do 100% optimized "rotation/skill-choice".

You might for example have one stat being optimal if you can stand still and nuke, but when you have to move or other things happen, that means you can only perform 90% efficient, another stat might become better. You need to check what skills you tend to use most and use the stat that fits your playstyle best.

I tend to check it sometimes, mostly to see how I can get hit-capped with reforging and gemming in an easy way.
    Mhmm i guess its almost impossible to optimize everything to be the MAX dps possible, Because like u said, it all depends on the encounter, adds, Movment. ect. ect

Noxxic.com is WAY better than mrrobot..... Trolololol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotzadotz View Post
    Noxxic.com is WAY better than mrrobot..... Trolololol
    mrrobot must be completely and utterly shit then.

I guess they can be a good starting point, but I have seen both mrrobot and noxxic give wrong stat prios.

Deleted
    Entirely depends on the fight.

For example, any fight with adds (lots of them) will put the value of haste, for destruction, at virtually zero.
    Any add-heavy fight will value mastery >> crit >> haste and favour sacrifice over supremacy.

Stat values shouldn't be taken at face value, they're, just like simcraft, based on specific scenarios which do not mimmick
    accurately enough, the real playing environment.

I am parsing at 50k+ more dps than the T14hc 5.2 simcraft numbers, simply because there's very few "stand and shoot" fights or
    straight forward cleave fights. You need only to look at world of logs and see the performance of some warlocks completely
    contradicting all simulations predicted DPS, therein the value of each respective stat.

I will always go for Mastery > Crit > Haste as i'm running as Destruction Sacrifice, especially since the shadowburn change, with
    any adds, i'm swimming in Embers. This shifts damage towards mastery, inflating its value.

//

Essentially, the more Embers you can generate through executing adds with Shadowburn, the less Haste (Ember generating stat) is valued and the more Mastery (Ember consuming stat) is valued.

Crit's value doesn't really change that much as it is both an ember generating stat and an ember consuming stat, as such it increases the damage of Chaosbolts too.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2013-03-08 at 01:12 PM.

Noxxic is good to learn a new spec/class. It gives a good idea of how to start without the PRO LEVEL ideas Icy-veins gives.

Ask mr robot is good if you know how your stats are weighed and want to find gear simply.

It seems that reforgelite has been abandoned by the author has not been updated in a rather long time so it does not seem to work anymore and is full of bugs especially now with 5.2

The only good thing about mraskrobot is the find out which secondary stats is good for you (At least at early levels)

For affliction warlocks the website recommends 7% hit or something, tried that for a single raid and it was enough for me to stop going to that website.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I wanted to jump in to offer answers to any 5.2 questions you might have. We're tweaking stat weights all week and have a lot of them done, but still a lot to go (here's our current status for each class/spec). Also if anyone spots something wrong, let me know - patches tend to cause a few bugs

As for the Affliction locks - you actually do more DPS by favoring other stats besides hit (it's a popular way to gear with MoP). But you'd want to pair this with a mod that helps you manage your spells when they miss. If that's not your thing, we have a preset stat weight for favoring hit, it's in the drop down menu. Here's an example character with hit capped optimizations.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The only good thing about mraskrobot is the find out which secondary stats is good for you (At least at early levels)

For affliction warlocks the website recommends 7% hit or something, tried that for a single raid and it was enough for me to stop going to that website.
    You are a prime example of why people think Askmrrobot is only used by warlocks that are new to the class.

Askmrrobot does the exact same as reforgelite, you just need to set it up properly. Sim your own stat weights and import them into Askmrrobot.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mr.Robot is the tin-foil hat can collector of theorycrafting.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    mrrobot must be completely and utterly shit then.

I guess they can be a good starting point, but I have seen both mrrobot and noxxic give wrong stat prios.
    i think you missed the sarcasm Tekkommo :-P

Anyway, i use askmrrobot.com for the gemming and reforgelite for the reforging side of things.

I haven't used ask Mr Robot, but I had problems with ReforgeLite giving me infinite reforge loops.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.