Thread: [Fire] Tortos

[Fire] Tortos

Hi. My guild is doing Tortos tonight. And I was wondering if any of you could share some knowledge on how to engage this boss as a fire mage?(CDs, targets, glyphs, spells etc)
    Last edited by Dissemoen; 2013-03-08 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    ther is some nice video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=V2mHMd1FncY wher fire mage kill this boss.

You can spread your initial combustion onto the first 3 turtles if your timing is good. However I switched to frost for our kill, because we had a bad setup (3 meele, no caster haste) and it felt smoother for the tasks i was assigned to do (killing + kicking turtles, helping with aoe on little adds whenever possible = when turtles were down), so I don't really know how combustion lines up with later turtle spawns.

I think fire is fine however, if you have a somewhat better comp and your group doesn't need your aoe on the adds too much. Because fire aoe on the little adds sucks imo. Adds are way to short-lived to cleave sufficiently or to setup a combustion to spread. Fire dmg on turtles is fine though (3 target cleave yeah ).

Also make sure that someone in your group places a slow effect (hunter trap, druid vortex, ...) directly underneath Tortos right before the turtles spawn. That way the will stay together longer and you can cleave more efficiently.
    Last edited by Carline; 2013-03-08 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    You can spread your initial combustion onto the first 3 turtles if your timing is good.
    I was doing this. I found it easiest to rotate your camera so it's parallel with the ground. You can see the adds coming under Tortos.

Well, that was not a very fire-friendly boss. Spreading combustion on the first turtles made the opening of the fight quite decent. But from there on it was one long struggle trying to get any sort of good dmg in. The weakness of the class really shined through trying to do decent AOE dmg on the bats. After a few tries I just ended up with casting one flamestrike on CD and then got back to boss instead. Our shadow priest and elemental shaman however, found the fight to be "amazing"....

On that specific fight, I dont see any real use brigning in mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissemoen View Post
    On that specific fight, I dont see any real use brigning in mages.
    Have to agree here.

I was on kick duty. Mainly because I'm very good at doing mechanics properly but also because damage was so low.

I had fun spreading combust to the first 3 turtles. I also used ffb as a nuke on some attempts for a slow, but it ultimately wasnt needed so our kill was done with fireball.