How to handle adds on horridon 10m.

A bit of background. My guild only went through normal modes. We got one heroic once. We got to Horridon and got no further. We tired 14-15times and each time got to the second gate and died. People died to poisons and not being dispelled. We have one holy paladin, a ret paladin, and a prot paladin that could dispel. However, during this phase the prot paladin is tanking adds, making it pretty hard for them to dispel anything between grabbing and holding aggro and dispelling themselves. How do we handle this phase? We are all 490ilevel+

We had
    Guardian druid
    Prot paladin
    Holy paladin
    Resto shaman
    Disc priest
    Ret paladin
    Survival hunter
    Affliction warlock
    Fire mage
    Fury warrior (2 2h)

What can we do to get past this phase?

We're having trouble on this too. From the other Thread I gathered that we should kick the Poison Bolt Volley and use Bloodlust if needed.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Kick the adds so no poison volley is cast and focus them down

Deleted
    There's a 26 page thread in this forum that has lots and lots of tips and advise on how to handle this encounter..

Quote Originally Posted by crittycat View Post
    There's a 26 page thread in this forum that has lots and lots of tips and advise on how to handle this encounter..
    Most i got out of that was that no 16/16n guild had it yet, most people were vastly more skilled then us and such. Read like the first five pages then a few of the last ones before raid.

We had similar problems as well as tank switch problems and our DK being crap and a bit of an add magnet when tanking horridon which was a pita for me on the adds.

I would say blow up first venompriest when it spawns, tank can interrupt that one, when the 2 show up Ret on 1 Warr on the other, and make sure they interrupt every cast, even if they aren't great interrupters and their DPS suffers a bit on that add while watching for the interrupt it isn't really an issue. The little adds that cast it have a small amount of health, ranged should be able to blow them up pretty quickly before anything gets cast.

we stopped tank switching as it was just creating problems and i stayed on the boss with my pala, i just cleared my stacks with bubble or protection every time the boss gets the gate stun, my SotR seemed a lot better for the big boss hits than whatever it was our DK was doing too and caused less stress for the healers.

We didnt get a kill as we only had a few attempts but it was getting better once we started trying to allocate tasks properly.

hope this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Most i got out of that was that no 16/16n guild had it yet, most people were vastly more skilled then us and such. Read like the first five pages then a few of the last ones before raid.
    It's not a gearcheck, it's an execution fight (made a fuckton easier with gear that's for sure). I dont see why a 16/16 guild wouldnt be downing this;

Gate 1 - isn't that interesting, sand traps and what not, dont even remember if there was anything else :x

Gate 2 - On the poison group make sure you lock down the priests as well as possible, the first one should die before the other two spawn. Then kill the dinomancer quickly and i suggest using some raidcooldowns here if you're having trouble. (It was the door that gave us the most trouble aswell).

Gate 3 - Frost trolls (the 2nd hardest gate for us), only one type of mob here can be tanked, the others attack random players (non the less tanks should try and get some initial agro, not sure if they switch on/off but i wouldnt run after them as a tank.) The other mob is the "special" which leaves the frost orbs and does the mortal strike on the tank. Tanks need to get some cooldowns on them/used to not die due to spikes around the mortal strikes (my offtank nearly died atleast). Raid just spreads/avoids the frost orbs.

Gate 4 - The last door wasn't intersting, kill the bear rider, kill the mob that comes when the bear dies. Not that interesting gate.

Pull boss to centre, position yourselves, tell raiders that get targeted by charge to move to the tank position (so that the healers/dps do not need to dodge the double swipes). "Boss" jumps down, bloodlust & nuke him down, start working on the dino (who will start hitting tanks harder, just use mitigation for every triple puncture to not risk deaths from this). That's it really.

Thanks. Guess its an interrupt issue. We had so many poison bolts going off that we couldn't keep up on dispels.