Thread: Insanity

Insanity

Hello every one

i just wanted to talk with you guys about the new talent insanity
    i have been using it last 2 days and i cant even explain how happy i am with it. this talent allowed me to stick head to head with locks .. u know ? the same locks that were doing waay more than me in raids
    i feel very good about it in 1-3 targets fights more than that i guess the FDCL will kick in; but my opinion is even in 2-3 target insanity is better where u can shadow word pain all of them and get MB procs will lead to more DP that will lead to more Insanity

ty all for reading let me know what u think

while insanity certainly is a good and useful talent, i dont see how it would bring you up around the same dmg as locks did compared to us before in single target.

Thats not to say spriests are bad, because we can top the dmg meters on several fights if played correctly. I feel like spriests are in a really good spot in 5.2, with the talent tweaks and the buff to shadow form and SWP.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

It's not just down to insanity - the total of Shadowform buff, SWP buff, SWI and PI has given me a ~15% increase in DPS literally overnight. I went from ~95k on a 6 min stand and spank (Feng LFR) to ~112k, with the only gear change being the VP neck. On Horridon, SP and affli locks are pretty much neck and neck (and tens of thousands of DPS above anyone else). I'm so happy I'm actually afraid that the next time I look at a blue tracker I'll see the SWP buff reverted.

FDCL seems pretty bad post 5.2 even on multi target. Either intentionally or through a bug, the proc rate seems to have been nerfed really hard on multidot, and trying to use it costs you time where you want to be casting the much higher DPET SWPs.

Yea I kinda love the new Insanity spell. It's usually ~18-20% of my damage on single target bosses if I pair the talent with Divine Insight for faster DPs. For single target I don't think my Mind Spike ever did that much but I don't really get to play shadow that much since I heal for progression usually. For multi-target though I don't feel like it is quite as good as FDCL could be if it was fixed. If the bug is an intentional nerf then I will likely never use that talent again because it's a poor 5% of my overall damage.

Does anyone know if clipping my 2nd mind flay insanity 3/4th in to fit in a third one is worth it? I've been mainly doing that, getting 2 and 3/4th mind flays in while DP is up and I'm kinda happy with my dps. It feels MUCH better than 5.1, a bit more burst, and a solid 15k-20k dps more for me sustained.
    Last edited by Kalliope; 2013-03-08 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    You should always be able to get three full Insanity flays in without having to clip. To me the real question is do you cancel your current Insanity when DI procs. And this answer probably relies on how many SWPs you have running at the time. With only one up I am guessing you finish out the Insanities, with two or more it gets tough to know.

Does it register Insanity on cast and applies the damage throughout the channel, or will the xSO damage only apply within the 6 seconds when DP's up? That could help decide if you clip it to fit 3 casts or it doesn't matter.

I could test it and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't dynamically update (so it lasts for the few seconds after DP falls off) - but if someone already knows, awesome!

u can fit 3 full casts ... at least that's what i did last 2 days

It's weird, in the combat log it shows a couple of mind flays ticking in between mind flay insanity ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    It's weird, in the combat log it shows a couple of mind flays ticking in between mind flay insanity ticks.
    Those are MFI Mastery procs. The timing of them in the log might be delayed slightly at high haste (BL and/or PI) because the server needs to tell the client that a mastery proc occurred and send the data down to your game.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Painfury View Post
    u can fit 3 full casts ... at least that's what i did last 2 days
    I must admit I may bit a bit undergeared though, I barely reach the 8085 breakpoint (8146). I'd have to look at Twintop's new breakpoints for 5.2, does it mention how many MF's you can fit in 6 seconds based on your haste? I don't think it's something I've come across, but it'd be nice to know at what haste you can start fitting in that third one. I know I can't have more than two full per sequence, my MFs channel in 2.4 sec and I can't fit in the start of the third before DP drops - it's really close though.

this might make it clear ..
    the 3rd mind flay i start it on the last half a sec on DP even some times less but if u start the mind flay with dp up... it will have the insanity buff for full channling even when the Dp drops

i hope that this answered u

Quote Originally Posted by Painfury View Post
    this might make it clear ..
    the 3rd mind flay i start it on the last half a sec on DP even some times less but if u start the mind flay with dp up... it will have the insanity buff for full channling even when the Dp drops

i hope that this answered u
    MB is still higher priority than MF:I, so 3 full channels is probably not optimal. Maybe 2 + 1 tick and clip?

tbh i did not read any thing so am not sure about that yet but for me i dont cut insanity got MB and with that an doing around 20k more dps than before patch

10+ Year Old Account
    If you start channeling MFI, it will go on even after DP dropped. It's good. Problem is that on multidots, DI will proc more often than not, mid insanity.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Hmmm... On iron Qon i found myself doing 10-20 k more dps with mind bender / PI than with Insanity / DI.

But being troll with racial (+5%), Berserking, Blood lust, PI, 2 trinkets, a weapon enchant proc and a pre pot rolling, i could do 220k dps at the most and keep it above 150k for quite a while. i do end up at about 110-120k later on : /
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ