Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Gm confirms Tier tokens aren't guaranteed drops

this is beyond retarded

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's retarded about random being random? It gives a chance at loot, not at specific loot, other than what is in the loot table for the particular boss.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I wouldn't count on him being 100% correct as gms are often wrong or misinformed.
    if it is, pretty sad

If they want to make tier items randomly drop only then take the double random element out of it and turn them all into Trophy of the Crusade like elements usable by all classes. Then limit it to per set item though so u can only buy head with head token etc so you would have something like Thunder Kings Crackling Helm and one for each slot usable by all classes.

At least then you arent then screwed on double RNG of 1. Hoping to get token in the first place 2. Hoping to get the right token when one actually drops (Which can be frustrating in 10 man)

Double layers of RNG = Bad

Here is to hoping that GM is wrong (Which as mentioned above is often the case)
    Last edited by Boredpanda; 2013-03-08 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Wait, what?

People want tier tokens to drop 100% of the time now? Please tell me I understood that wrong.... QQ'ing about not getting the piece of loot you want on your first kill is just... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Wait, what?

People want tier tokens to drop 100% of the time now? Please tell me I understood that wrong.... QQ'ing about not getting the piece of loot you want on your first kill is just... ugh.
    Point is, tier tokens have always been 100% BECAUSE its already random which set of classes gets to roll on it.
    Silly change if you ask me, not happy about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure in older raids most bosses who dropped tier tokens ALWAYS dropped them, no matter what - they just didn't always drop the one you were after lol. I'm pretty sure many people liked that...it meant that a raid progressively geared its members, as each run was almost guaranteed to drop a token that someone needed.

And now you can kill a raid boss, and it's not guaranteed a token will drop? Granted, I haven't raided since...well hell, BC, I know the way loot is done has been changed, but what blasphemy is this? They must REALLY be fishing for a way to artificially prolong content if this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I don't know if that counts as a confirmation. It seems more like an automated response to a ticket about loot, which wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure they get countless tickets every week about loot. If it's an official change, there'll be more of these popping up though and we'll eventually get a post from a Zarhym or GC about it I'd bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they drop (at least once) 100% in 25 man and not 100% only in 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Boredpanda View Post
    If they want to make tier items randomly drop only then take the double random element out of it and turn them all into Trophy of the Crusade like elements usable by all classes. Then limit it to per set item though so u can only buy head with head token etc so you would have something like Thunder Kings Crackling Helm and one for each slot usable by all classes.

At least then you arent then screwed on double RNG of 1. Hoping to get token in the first place 2. Hoping to get the right token when one actually drops (Which can be frustrating in 10 man)

Double layers of RNG = Bad

Here is to hoping that GM is wrong (Which as mentioned above is often the case)
    We got 2 tier tokens when we killed Council. RNG is RNG.

This is a pretty horrible decision imo. If they wanted to do this, they should've at least brought back some form of generic tokens, so the boss just drops the helm token or the glove token and anyone can use it. Random on top of more random is not fun, especially with how important set bonuses can be and the fact that classes are balanced around having them (to the point that old bonuses are sometimes nerfed to force you into acquiring the new ones).

10m drops 0-2 tokens and 25m drops 2-4.

The random amount of tokens seems pretty retarded to me but well not that it makes a huge difference this tier.

Deleted
    That GM answer tells nothing, it shows that GM has no real information if its working as intended or not.

Hopefully! If not...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    this is beyond retarded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    That GM answer tells nothing, it shows that GM has no real information if its working as intended or not.
    well, gm said that "you were correctly attributed loot as per its table blabla" which obviously means that tokens are not a fixed drop on bosses that have them in the loot table, like it was in dragonsoul etc

Interesting change, excess offset pieces and fewer tier tokens.

I guess they WANT us to disenchant a lot of the drops.

And when the tier is a couple of months. People Will complain that all tier tokens are wasted. Like it became in dragon Soul. Good change in my opinion. Bigger chance for the non tier items to drop for 10 mans.

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Wait, what?

I'm going to assume you never raided before this tier, because every tier for as long as I can remember(maybe not ToTC) had guaranteed tier drops. Stop being elitest.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    I'm going to assume you never raided before this tier, because every tier for as long as I can remember(maybe not ToTC) had guaranteed tier drops. Stop being elitest.
    I'm pretty sure even in ToTC the trophies were 100% drop on 25, 25HM, and 10HM. Memory is a bit fuzzy but I don't remember them not dropping 100% of the time.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.