Deleted

Question Questing: the fastest way to level 1-90. How do you do it?

Hello guys,

I've been wondering if there is a faster way to level then the current one I am doing. I guess I get kinda tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, but I like the efficiency and effectivity it provides. This is why I keep going on. I think it's the best way for me right now, but I'm no familiar with PvP and perhaps we can debate here if there is a way to level your toon faster. Some tips and hints for everyone.

My way of leveling from 1-90 is basically questing and doing dungeons only once for the quests they provide.

This is basically the route I use:
    Vanilla
    Level 1-12: the starting area quests and the next inn area (goldshire, dolanaar like villages) quests.
    Level 12-20: Westfall quests, starting at Horratio Lane quest and moving on to Sentinell Hill
    Level 20-25/30: Duskwood at Darkshire.
    Dungeons: I do all of the available dungeons only once. This sometimes means that I am level 30 before reaching N-STV
    Level 30-40: S-STV or WPL. This is usually where I decide if I should continue to level at S-STV going there from N-STV or take the flightpath all the way to Andorhal in WPL and do the quests there. I do all the quests there, just keep following the questchain to Chillwind Camp and the to the Cenarion Outpost, have fun with Zen-Kiki, while I keep doing dungeons only once.
    Level 40-45: EPL just do quests with Fiona and the paladin bros and dungeons untill you reach 45. In the Light's Hope Chapel there will be a goblin who gives you the quest to fly with him in a rocket all the way to Badlands. Go there.
    Level 45-52: Badlands and Searing Gorge. Keep doing dungeons once only for the quests. When you reach 52 just go the Swamp of Sorrows.
    Level 52-58: Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands. Just the quests obtained from the goblins (keep following the chain), the dragonkin at the sunken temple, the alliance camp on the rightside of the map (battling with the Horde, those quests). At 55 I suggest to move on to Blasted Lands. Start at Nethergarde Keep and do the quests there also from the gnome Kassim and the alliance general near the Dark Portal. KEEP doing the dungeons once. Although I have to say BRD is really a shitty dungeon that I try to avoid. But that's my opinion from my own experience having run in it multiple times.

Burning Crusade:these quests take about 20-30 minutes per level on average.
    Level 58-65: do ALL the quests in Hellfire Peninsula. You surely have done this area multiple times and it's fast and easy. Zangarmarsh is also an alternative. I always skip Terrokar Forest, Blade's Edge Mountains, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley. I usually have enough with Hellfire Peninsula and if I didn't reach 65 I will do the quest and Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh. Just a couple, the really quick ones, just look at your xp bar.
    Level 65-68: In Nagrand I do the Kurenai and Nesingwary quests. Again, I keep doing dungeons ONLY once for the quests. I also do the Nagrand Arena quests where you have to fight elite mobs. Get a high lvl friend or a group together for it.
    Wrath of the Lich King: these quests take about 30-45 minutes per level on average.
    Level 68-75: Borean Tundra quests, all of them. Dungeons only once for the quests.
    Level 75-77: Zul'Drak quests. I start at the camp with the Ragemane flipper quest and I have to extinguish fires. Just keep following the questchain. I get a high lvl friend to help with the Amphitheater quests. Dungeons only once for the quests. When I reach level 77 I move on to Storm Peaks.
    Level 77-80: I start at K3 and follow the whole questchain. I do NOT go to the alliance camp (you could go for a quick 1 quest turn-in if you have 10x Relics of Ulduar). Keep doing dungeons. Keep questing and I will hit 80 here before I get the quest to see Thorim (so before finishing the quests at Brunnhildar Village).

Cataclysm: these quests take about 40-55 minutes to level.
    Level 80-83: Mount Hyjal. Just follow the questchain and do all the quests, all of them. I do dungeons again only once for the quests (excluding Throne of Tides, no quests there). When I reach the final quest to kill of Ragnaros with the help of Cenarius, Runetotem and Malfurion, I am done with the whole region. And I am level 83 and a half by this point. So, next step is Ul'dum.
    Level 83-84: Ul'dum. This area is ok ish, lots of cutscenes with Harrison Ford, so that takes away your drive. But you need only 50%ish more to reach 84.
    Level 84-85: When I hit 84 I immediately hearthstone back to SW. I start to do the quests in SW with Prince Anduin and go hop on a unstable plane with Flintlocke to the Twilight Highlands. There I will again ask a high lvl friend to do Crucible of Carnage with me. I do the starting quests untill I open the portal to SW. Then I move on to reunite the Dwarven families at Firebeards Patrol. I usually am done before moving on to Dunewald Ruins, but sometimes I have done the quest there also.

Mists of Pandaria: take about 1 hour to almost 4 hour per level (the higher the level, the longer it takes of course)
    This is basically linear from now on. I move on as soon I hit the level to take quests in the higher level zone (more XP per quest and mob).
    Level 85-86,5: Jade Forest, all the quests. Temple of Jade Spirit and Stormstout Brewery again only for the quests.
    Level 86,5-87: Valley of the Four Winds. I usually am done when I reach Halfhill and do a couple of quest for Chen there.
    Level 87-88: Kun-lai Summit starting at Binan Village. To Westerley Rest, Shadopan Retreat, Temple of the White Tiger (Prince Anduin), Shadowpan Approach, the quests above Binan Village + Yak Wash quests. I dont do the Lorewalker Cho nor the Grummels quests.
    Level 88-89: I have to do all the quests here I reckon. I keep getting the achievement here (Once Steppes Forward, Two Steppes Back)
    Level 89-90: All quests usually, I hit 90 before I finish wakening all the paragons, but still I finish them because you need to have them all released to get the exalted Klaxxi quest.

That's basically what I do to reach level 90 and it takes me 2,5 days/60 hours of /played time.
    I am decked out in full heirloom gear: head, shoulder, cloak, chest, legs, ring, x2 trinkets, weapon(s) and a lvl 25 guild.
    I have to note that leveling is faster as a tank (class) because of the que times. Especially when you, as a tank, can decide the pace to run through dungeons.

So, the point of this thread:
    Anyway, If you have read everything or didn't, I'd like your input on how you level your characters?
    I don't have Recruit a Friend and I don't have the Elixir of Ancient Wisdom from Krol the Blade. Let's say I don't have them in the near future as well.

~Regards
    Last edited by mmoc0d62534d8c; 2013-03-08 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Layout

Deleted
    RAF on myself, have a friend pump me through instances, finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't mention if you have close friends or guildmates, but for 58-68 (or 70), you can have a friend run you through heroic Outland dungeons. Yep, heroic opens up at 58 now - and they give tons of XP, even without RAF. Definitely worth doing it once a day if you have a friend willing to help out. Hellfire heroic opens up at 58; Mana-tombs, auchenai crypts, underbog, slave pens opens up at 62, and the rest opens up at 65.

I also find that Mists dungeons are not worth running at all. The quests don't give substantial XP - just a little over the XP of one normal outdoor quest, and there aren't a lot of them in the dungeons unlike the older content places like, say, stratholme or dire maul.

Deleted
    Yeah, I know about that one. I had one of my guildies do it once but its just too much asked of their time and I dont want to rely on other players. They have their game time as well and usually its limited.
    Besides I want to do it mutliple times with many characters. To ask them to come every time, I think it's too much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please note all of this is from an Alliance perspective.

1-12 - Elwynn or Dun Morogh.

12-15 - Westfall

15-40 - Dungeon spamming.

40-58 - Usually at this point I quit a character. All the questing zones suck, dungeons no longer give good exp, and PvP is always a grab bag.

58-80 - Questing

80-85 - Dungeons

85-90 - Pandaria.

Deleted
    @ dokhidamo

How long does it take you to level 1-90 using that route? And do you use heirlooms or not, raf or not? etc.

One thing to note is that the random BG option pops up at level 45 (I think). Granted it can be a somewhat total crapshoot, but it's worth doing the SINGLE daily random BG because at lower levels it gives a TON of xp when you win. Early on it gives almost like an entire 1/2 level of xp, and even up into the 70s a win can net you several bars worth of xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    Yeah, I know about that one. I had one of my guildies do it once but its just too much asked of their time and I dont want to rely on other players. They have their game time as well and usually its limited.
    Besides I want to do it mutliple times with many characters. To ask them to come every time, I think it's too much.
    Yeah that would be imposing on them. In my case my guildmate just volunteered to run me through, but I can't see her wanting to do it more than once. You said "fastest" in your title though, and unfortunately questing really is the fastest. I leveled a new lat recently that I was going to take to tank our guild's raid, so I did nothing but tank dungeons. It was a lot more fun than questing, but I can't say confidently that it's faster.

CTA Warsong if its available during the earlier levels is an amazing compliment to the questing route...you can get right around a level for a win with xp heirlooms - the ring + guild perk

As you level though the xp dies off....i wanna say around level 50ish i was getting about 40 percent of a level for a win.
    Last edited by Despotic; 2013-03-18 at 11:47 PM.