[Feral] Horridon 10-man Advice needed

My 10 man group was working on Horridon last night, and I noticed I was having issues with my DPS being severely low overall on that fight. I've been following the mob priority and using a single target approach on said mobs with the occasional swipe and thrash. I seem to be having issues with target swapping (Soul Swap with our lock wasn't too helpful in some cases so I switched to Feral Spirits with our Shaman healer for lack of better options in our composition) and movement of the mobs and I realize how much that could effect my situation.

I am also unsure if the changes I made to my reforging via AMR may have effected anything (as I had just gotten the SPA neck prior to raid)
    For reference my character is here : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yctelia/simple

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I'm in a similar spot dps-wise, tho I give my symbiosis to a shaman so he can solar beam for a 2nd interrupt. Try to keep thrash up, and beyond that we are just a weak spec for this fight's important phases :/ having bleeds + bleed improving mastery makes it so your dps will only be great if your other dpsers in the raid are terrible at focusing.

We had issues until I got out tanks to pull Horridon to the middle instead of stacking him with trash, Then the adds dont move around as much. Cleaving may feel optimal, but each pack only has 1mob that should need to die asap with the exception of wastewalkers+basilisks in the first group, though i don't know that your group has deemed the priority. Sometimes it takes some time for me to convince the group that having me target swap to something that is gonna die in 5 seconds is a sub-par decision.

Dont worry so much about being top dps, interrupt/dispell the poison helps where a lot of people are failing. Honestly for our kill we had so many dispells/kicks it felt very easy 3 druids/3pallies/1shaman for dispells in 10man, though you can do with less for sure

You can burn Horridon from like 85% at the end after killing the guy that comes down so dpsing him is not a huge deal.

Horridon dps cats and in general low aoe melee

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag421 View Post
    I'm in a similar spot dps-wise, tho I give my symbiosis to a shaman so he can solar beam for a 2nd interrupt. Try to keep thrash up, and beyond that we are just a weak spec for this fight's important phases :/ having bleeds + bleed improving mastery makes it so your dps will only be great if your other dpsers in the raid are terrible at focusing.

I am ranking just under our feral bear tank as well , as a rule we have always had the WORST target swapping boss fight dps anyway. yet our DK howling blasting everything ranks like a god on the meter , we are generally marking the most important adds in order and doing single target and thrashing on free swings etc. Blizzard again for no reason buffed the wrong classes and screwed us to the wall with no announcement of the rip buff being removed which whould have helped our target swap dps alot with extra damage going on when switching to another, i personally do Rake rake rake on as many adds as possible since its our lowest energy per damage and does way more than swipe, on those adds , saving zerk and CD's for the 1st and 3rd door helps a little to, as the DINOmancer only gets one mend off b4 hes dead theres no need to wory about intterrupt let a lock or ranged grab it and concentrate on damage dealing decurse your own poisons on the second door so your healers wont be wasting time on classes that can as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bacevicius View Post
    I am ranking just under our feral bear tank as well , as a rule we have always had the WORST target swapping boss fight dps anyway. yet our DK howling blasting everything ranks like a god on the meter , we are generally marking the most important adds in order and doing single target and thrashing on free swings etc. Blizzard again for no reason buffed the wrong classes and screwed us to the wall with no announcement of the rip buff being removed which whould have helped our target swap dps alot with extra damage going on when switching to another, i personally do Rake rake rake on as many adds as possible since its our lowest energy per damage and does way more than swipe, on those adds , saving zerk and CD's for the 1st and 3rd door helps a little to, as the DINOmancer only gets one mend off b4 hes dead theres no need to wory about intterrupt let a lock or ranged grab it and concentrate on damage dealing decurse your own poisons on the second door so your healers wont be wasting time on classes that can as well
    Always use trash. Do not wait for the ooc procs. There are so many targets that it's always worth it as well as mastery being so high as it is. On single target trash does about double the amount of dpe as shred. If there are 4 targets however...

Second of all: The rip buff would not have helped our target switching abilities, but would just have made us lose more damage by doing so.

Horridon is horrid for ferals.
    You can't expect to be top dps unless you thrash and swipe alot, which you shouldn't. I just single targeted the high HP adds with the occasional skull bash and thrash on OOC proc. Keep up Rake on Horridon. In the transitions from one door to the other, get a TFed rip and rake on the boss. Keep your CDs for the third door, which tends to be the hardest and get another berserk for the final nuke. I ended up last on damage meter but i got highest damage on Horridon himself. Relax until you get to Tortos, you'll top meters there

Feral is basically just shit on Horridon, if you're following kill priorities and not AoEing your damage will be abysmal and if you're just AoEing your damage will still suck. The way to do the most damage on Horridon is by tunneling the boss and thrashing onto the adds whenever you can. If you look at any of the top parses you'll see that vast majority of their damage done is onto the boss. Pretty much anything you can do on this fight to increase your damage is going to be a detriment to the rest of the raid unless you're running into enrage issues.

AoEing isn't much different than anywhere else. Keep Thrash up on as many things as possible without wasting excessive amounts of energy doing it, swipe if there's an excessive amount of targets near you (like 7+) otherwise keep rake up on anything that will be alive for the full duration. You have to decide when it's ok to AoE and when it's more important that you burn a specific target so you don't wipe.

If your raid can get away with it you should be the first person allowed to sit on the boss and ignore adds because feral does shit add DPS on this fight. Probably take Soul Swap or Redirect and just hop off the boss to nuke a high priority target if needed, and then switch back. If you look at World of Logs you'll notice the top parse on this fight are way way higher on 25 man and this is why; a 25 man raid can much easier afford to have someone sit on the boss and ignore adds.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-09 at 03:44 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I too had lower numbers. But I think we'll be able to make up some ground when it's time to kill the boss in the last phase. The 200% dmg bonus is nice.

Deleted
    I killed it a few days ago, and agree with aggixx here. There is absolutely nothing you can do as a feral on this fight to increase numbers except have an amazing AoE team in a 10 man, or be in 25 man and ask to just sit on boss full time. Just one of those fights were having a good balance OS is almost needed. Multi Dotting on this fight is extremely strong towards the end, especially when Jalak comes down and the boss already has a massive damage debuff on him.

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    I too had lower numbers. But I think we'll be able to make up some ground when it's time to kill the boss in the last phase. The 200% dmg bonus is nice.
    No we won't because everyone else will also be attacking the boss alongside us.

Thank you all for the advice so far.

Out of curiosity and looking for other options (since my OS is Guardian and such is the backup tank for the group), is it worth it to pop HotW and then Hurricane for some AOE (popping it near the start of first door then AOE down when it pops the next time)

I spent most of Horridon using AoE rotations with lots of Rakes on primary targets. I don't think most groups will have the ilvl to sit someone out on the Boss for a while, and even then we got the boss to 70% from our normal dps time before Jalak. I recommend finding a rogue or warlock to Symbiosis and use your abilities wisely. It's a bad fight for Feral, but Council is better.

My group replaced me with a hunter last night and killed him in like 3 attempts,

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag421 View Post
    My group replaced me with a hunter last night and killed him in like 3 attempts,
    Terribly anecdotal evidence aside, player problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3857&e=4393

From my 25m kill, but you can see that rake/thrash do a pretty good job at keeping up with the other dot classes.

My strategy was to keep a full rotation on Horridon until we had the adds spawn that need to die asap. I had a rogue for redirect and was able to always put a Rip up that lasted until death.

I would have went with the Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and replaced your DMC instead of the neck. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacab View Post
    Terribly anecdotal evidence aside, player problem.
    Nothing to do with a BM hunter having way more consistent burst and no penalty for target switching I'm sure.