Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it worth coming back to WoW?

okay so here's the deal, I stopped playing WoW at around patch 4.3 since I was really disapointed with it and now I am having like a nostalgia attack and i really want to play once more but I want to know if the game is any better with MoP?

With a name like Doctorcocktor, what in life isn't worth doing?

But yes, the game is fun. Give it a whirl, won't you?

MoP >>>>>>> Cata it's much better

Why was cata no longer fun for you?

Yeah it is. Worth a shot anyway. I don't know if they still have that half off special going on though.
    I guess just be careful of the dailies at 90, since I know some folks got burned off on that. That and that it took a lot longer to level alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    MoP >>>>>>> Cata it's much better
    Maybe for you.. For me Cata was way more fun.. No annoying Daily Quests for 3 extra Rolls. 7 Dungeons or just Raiding for VP cap etc

MoP is annoying for me.

no nothing new still the same
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Unless you cant afford rent and food you should just spend the 15 dollars to figure this out on your own. Really, what did you expect to get here? Haters gonna Hate, fanboys gonna throw their panties with a room key in them. These kind of threads should be locked as quickly as they lock the 'what class should I play' threads for the same damn reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd57 View Post
    Why was cata no longer fun for you?
    Cata felt like the devs were pissing all over the average player. In MoP, it feels like the devs are just being marginally competent, not outright malicious.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well if you are just coming into mop there is so much catch up. So far all of my friends that tried to come into this xpac late have given up because of the daily grind.

Am I the only who prefers Cata over MOP...by quite a bit actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Cata felt like the devs were pissing all over the average player
    I'm with you, the kind of development that includes features downgrades like storage (the keyring) or itentional unbalecement (such as the epic gems) amongst other, can only be defined as such...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In MoP, it feels like the devs are just being marginally competent, not outright malicious.
    Basicly they are still doing the same, downgrade, downgrade... Downgrade ...

So... In your mind, forcing people with a must complete these daily tasks (quests, dungeon.... and others) is not being malicious??? In your mind limiting the amount of toons you can decently play (progress) is not being malicious??? In your mind not being able to play the game the way you enjoy it, do daily quests when you want to, tune the gameplay to the way you enjoy playing it (talents, glyphs for example) its not being malicious???

As the OP, i've quited on 4.3, as the OP i still find myself commited with WoW very often, whille i can't asnswer the OP i'm aswell trying to find a good reason to come back to this great game... At this moment the only reasons i can find are my old guildies mates (that keep sending scrolls of ressurreting to me), and the other good reason is the new solo possibilities of the game... I really can't find any other good reason to go back... The downgrades they maded to the game have prevented me to do so.

I came back for MoP after leaving early on in Cataclysm, and I am enjoying it. Everyone has different motivation for play though. I would take a look at the new changes to the game and see if they addressed any of your issues that caused you to leave before. You can get a good recap of what's changed from this post:

(oops sorry, I can't post links yet, but you can find a blog post on the wow website titled "A Return to World of Warcraft" that does a good job of explaining what has changed with the game recently).

Not really, its still all the same. Try out Sim City or perhaps Path of Exile HC

Dailies will be a pain for you if you want to raid normal and heroic.

Nah, I just got fooled into it... Haven't played in awhile, figured I could give it a shot, bought a month of game time, logged in, landed at a random location after 2 minutes, got killed by a frost mage in less then 10 seconds, and that's as a healer in full Elite PvP gear. The game then crashed, weird, since I had no addons on atm. FML, I just wasted 12 Euros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try it for free and see for yourself, I'm having fun still.

You could try that scroll of resurrection of your account has been deactivated long enough. You know, try it out, see if you like the game.

Deleted
    No, the game is horrible. Stay away plz!

Plz, stay away

Some people like Picasso's paintings, some don't. You can't say you like or hate them unless you see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.