Page 30 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When building great works, once I've clicked the "provide material" or whatever button it is on the great works site, do I need to set my trade depots to use locally to supply the great works with those materials?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Anyway to reduce radiation? Just joined a zone where it looks like someone mined all the coal/ ore then let a nuclear bomb go off...i want to help and turn the city around :S
    Pretty sure it just decays over time, no way to actively reduce it.

I am also getting a kick out of using sewage treatment plants to "re-seed" my ground water for my water pump. My city is being provided recycled turd water!
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-03-11 at 05:34 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would love a spot on the Antarctica server, if you've got room. The name's KestrelDaystar.

Deleted
    is there a way to send half my coal to my power plant, and export the rest? currently half my coal is beig used in the smelting factory and the other half the powerplant, but with the smelting factory going soon, i wil produce way more coal than i what i can use, but i only see the option to export all or keep all. is there no way i can keep what i need and sell the rest?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Don't forget recycling facilities, get them processing plastic and alloy, or just alloy as plastic is pretty cheap. Send the recycling trucks to neighboring cities to collect their recycling too. I run 5 processor plants and 3 electronics plants off of 1 trade depot importing alloy/plastic as well as 2 recycling depots specialized entirely to plastic or alloy. Most of my supply comes from recycling, the depot remains mostly full just in case.

i dont even have a recycling centre yet >.> no room in my city, when i have more room i will make one, thanks for remnding me.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    At least you have an out. When my coal dries up I can start mining ore, in the middle of my city.

yeah both my mines are in really annoying place, my ore mine which is about to run out is next to the university, if the mine wasnt there it could be a nice high wealth area, but its ruining the area, and my coal mine which is going to last a long time is right in the middle of my city, right in the middle of a high wealth area, some how the mine hasnt lowered the wealth in the area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there a way to send half my coal to my power plant, and export the rest? currently half my coal is beig used in the smelting factory and the other half the powerplant, but with the smelting factory going soon, i wil produce way more coal than i what i can use, but i only see the option to export all or keep all. is there no way i can keep what i need and sell the rest?
    You should only have to click "accept local deliveries" on the power plant. The mine delivers to the plant rather then the depot I believe. I'm not sure if the depot will also deliver to the plant but either way your power plant will be stocked with coal in the depot set to export. Mine currently has 17 tons with my depots set to export coal so something is filling it up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You should only have to click "accept local deliveries" on the power plant. The mine delivers to the plant rather then the depot I believe. I'm not sure if the depot will also deliver to the plant but either way your power plant will be stocked with coal in the depot set to export. Mine currently has 17 tons with my depots set to export coal so something is filling it up.

ah i will try that thanks!
    i didn't want to waste my coal! i mine loads of it it currently, enough to supply smelting factory and the power plant, and my storage still keeps getting full of it :>

[QUOTE=Alwek;20481376]I'm also playing on EU West 4 most of my time, if you'd like we could play together.
    My name is alwek136[COLOR="red"]

ive added you now alwek see you ingame hopefully

Deleted
    Have a spot for me Psychedelica? Send me a friend request on origin, nick is extazyzz

How do you guys manage your traffic?

I've been experimenting with traffic since yesterday and can't come to a good conclusion.

Right now I have a rail system on the very edge of the city, with a couple stations on every side. Not intersecting the highway coming in ofc.

Then there's one street car avenue that connects to the highway and goes through inner ring of the city with all 3 street car stations running. Any other ways, the street car stops would just pile up 200 minutes worth of people.

I've tried the bus stop approach, but it doesn't seem to be as effective as I thought it would. Do you place the bus stops on both sides of a long avenue?

I've heard putting park and ride at the highway entrance would help, but does it really?

Btw, I still can't believe the way to solve the water issue is sewage recycling. I know it's how it works in some places IRL, but still. WTB rain fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's play a game: Guess where the nuclear explosion was -.-

http://i.imgur.com/s6jjyCa.jpg

Deleted
    I cant seem to find any free spot on any game, did the remove the filter that wasnt properly working?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs nuclear power when you have 22MPH winds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    I cant seem to find any free spot on any game, did the remove the filter that wasnt properly working?

yeah, they removed the filter that never even worked in the first place. you're best off finding a region with other players on here i think.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Let's play a game: Guess where the nuclear explosion was -.-

http://i.imgur.com/s6jjyCa.jpg

oh dear :P how long is that area unusable for?

i guess im going to stay away from nuclear energy :P

Deleted
    Anyone can drop me an invite to a region then please? Origin name is extazyzz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    Anyone can drop me an invite to a region then please? Origin name is extazyzz.

i would invite you to my region, but its full :s theres a city on here that someone claimed a few days back but hasnt been playing, wish he would abandon the city so someone else can play it :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything wrong with the global market right now? My city was almost completely ruined by a power outage because my oil power plant will not get any new deliveries. I even tried adding an oil storage lot to my trade depot, also was not importing oil. I have a massive wind farm now, but I would like my oil power plant to work again because just that covered the whole city + some for power.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Axe

I was wondering the same. I feel like it works sometimes. I had a coal power plant that obviously ran out of coal and was using the global market to keep it in stock. Sometimes it would fill up and I'd be safe but other times it would just not do anything. I switched to wind power at the moment (22mph winds) but will be going back to nuclear power. Just get educated people and you're set! Its only bad if a natural disaster somehow sets it in a downward spiral to hell... but losing any type of power because of a disaster generally spells out hell to your city.

If you're mining for your own oil, there's a chance that it's ran out, double check your oil map.

If you're importing them, make sure the traffic flow from the highway is intact, or you won't get any delivery done.

There's also the chance that the game is bugged and wouldn't send them in/out, you should try restarting your game too see if it works.

If there's railroad/boat connection, you should do some recylcing/processor exporting so you can unlock trading port. The importing/exporting through the port takes no travel time.