Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    What roads are you using? I have like 4 maximum avenues running between my industrial sector and the rest of my city, and I have sometimes traffic jams, but mostly runs smoothly (including my 20 garbage and 40 recycling trucks -.- )
    Can't zoom out as much as I like but...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The highway is just off to the right of the screen and the train just off to the left. There's not too much traffic in the pic but that street at the bottom is almost always full heading towards the highway, totally empty the other way, but the avenue just above that is the opposite. The avenue coming down the center gets a little backed up, but not too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got way too absorbed in my damn city. Sorry! I accepted all the friend requests. Make sure to add me in-game too so I you can join the region. Reminder: We are in the EU West 2 server.

Having fun so far! I might claim another zone. My current city is just shy of a metropolis (I'm at 90k population right now) but I really messed up when it comes to roads...my traffic is really congested and terrible lol. I'll need to bulldoze a lot to make room for more avenues ;-;

Anyone that hasn't seen before, we've made an MMO-C region! Add sillysilly3 to join

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Yes the region is MMO-C on Europe West 2, add goosie.
    Will lag or something affect me if I'm playing from South America and join Europe?

Other than that, right now I'm playing on a private region, so I screw my own cities only first. Have 2 cities (one without focus and the other based on coal) but they wont send ppl to each other, something that would be very useful because coal city has an unemployment problem and no focus city needs more workers :P. Anyone else is having this issue? I remember that on a previous region (that I screwed) some time after founding the other city I got a msg saying that mayor whatever was visiting, later played the other city and got the same msg, but right now it looks like it isn't working. (Already built a bus system as other ppl suggested somewhere else)

Deleted
    Repeating for good measure before I go to sleep (long overdue, damn you Sim City): We have an MMO-C Region on Europe West 2, which will not affect your gameplay even if you're playing from Patagonia. Simply add me (=Dekadez) to filter Friends and join the region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Will lag or something affect me if I'm playing from South America and join Europe?
    Nope! I'm in the US and playing in one of the EU servers. I feel no lag or anything and the game is even saving my progress near real-time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Other than that, right now I'm playing on a private region, so I screw my own cities only first. Have 2 cities (one without focus and the other based on coal) but they wont send ppl to each other, something that would be very useful because coal city has an unemployment problem and no focus city needs more workers :P. Anyone else is having this issue? I remember that on a previous region (that I screwed) some time after founding the other city I got a msg saying that mayor whatever was visiting, later played the other city and got the same msg, but right now it looks like it isn't working. (Already built a bus system as other ppl suggested somewhere else)
    Are you connected to the region? You have to have a road connected to the region in some fashion. The on city I've dabbled in since I haven't had much time to play had a avenue going through my map connecting the region. I also later added a ferry to do the same. That should be enough to get sim's to come on their own. Though it might be a resource you have to send to the other city through the region menu's.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ack can anyone in the MMO-C region look at my traffic? I'm out of ideas on how to clear up the congestion in the center....

Anyway, here's a look at my city so far:

Edit: Oh shiz I just noticed my power went yellow. Frick! Time to add another solar panel.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-03-09 at 04:34 AM. Reason: POWER

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently they are letting us get a free game on the 18th because they feel bad... cant find confirmation though
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    apparently they are letting us get a free game on the 18th because they feel bad... cant find confirmation though
    Good to put that in this thread, but if anyone wants to discuss it further, do so in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Ack can anyone in the MMO-C region look at my traffic? I'm out of ideas on how to clear up the congestion in the center....

Anyway, here's a look at my city so far:

Edit: Oh shiz I just noticed my power went yellow. Frick! Time to add another solar panel.
    So I ran your city for a bit in a visit, looks like those people in the center, just south of your big arc, are coming from your avenue and merging onto a street and then making a right instead of taking a right onto the avenue immediately. I would just take a bulldozer to the far west end of that street so they can't use it to get onto your avenue. Does that make sense?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since map sizes are really small im all always running out of space when I build cites. and im trying the best way to make room.

My question is can I just have jobs from my specializations instead of making industrial zones? Such as only oil wells in every oil area? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1Fox2 View Post
    So I ran your city for a bit in a visit, looks like those people in the center, just south of your big arc, are coming from your avenue and merging onto a street and then making a right instead of taking a right onto the avenue immediately. I would just take a bulldozer to the far west end of that street so they can't use it to get onto your avenue. Does that make sense?
    Ah yeah that made sense. It's a good lesson, too. I thought that ease of access and connecting everything worked out better, when in fact it was funneling everyone into my main, central avenue. I still have orange traffic in that, but all around it went down a lot. Thanks! I'll probably leave it like this. The main avenue is my shopping center so it makes sense to have so much traffic.

Deleted
    Hi there, any spots left in that MMO-C region?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard View Post
    Hi there, any spots left in that MMO-C region?
    Yup! We have around 10 more zones to fill up. Feel free to add any of us to join. My Origin ID is sillysilly3

I just picked the mountainous zone for a challenge, but I didnt realize that is just one big mountain

Also, is the chat thing not working?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are you connected to the region? You have to have a road connected to the region in some fashion. The on city I've dabbled in since I haven't had much time to play had a avenue going through my map connecting the region. I also later added a ferry to do the same. That should be enough to get sim's to come on their own. Though it might be a resource you have to send to the other city through the region menu's.
    Well from what I know I should be connected, otherwise isn't supposed to not let me start a city? Anyway I don't know I might be doing it wrong anyway, here's how it looks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I just picked the mountainous zone for a challenge, but I didnt realize that is just one big mountain

Also, is the chat thing not working?
    Its really laggy... you'll see the message appear after 5-10 minutes.

Ugh...it cost me 35k just to build the roads (low density!) just to get to the top of the mountain

Oh well that's it for me tonight, 165k pop and I have a water problem looming over the horizon if I can't buy more from neighboring cities (only sillysilly3 is playing atm that's connected to my city). I had a bad plot for water since the majority of the water table is in the oil field, and now it's polluted. I'd make a neighboring city to supply more water but all the spots are taken

In retrospect, I should've pumped all the water out of the oil field first, then drill for oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    should i get the game?