Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So i got Need for speed as my free game since i had the others.... and i played for 15mins and quit. Don't get it. Even with a 360 controller the car controls are horrible and as soon as i started playing ads to buy stuff started popping up on my screen. I don't play games to get spammed with ads WHILE playing. I don't care if they are in the menu or loading screens but not in the game please.
    What ads ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic: The adds stop after the "tutorial race". And the controls feel fine to me with the 360 controller...
    On topic: The traffic doesn't seem fixed at all despite the last few patches...

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got over 400k peoples! >.<

http://i.imgur.com/uuNTB2L.jpg

Decided not to put any mass transit in the city and it worked great, saved me tons of money and reduced the traffic by rather a lot so i was able to expand rather than focusing on traffic :S

What's the point of mass transit if it just adds traffic? -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-24 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Finally got over 400k peoples! >.<

http://i.imgur.com/uuNTB2L.jpg

Decided not to put any mass transit in the city and it worked great, saved me tons of money and reduced the traffic by rather a lot so i was able to expand rather than focusing on traffic :S

What's the point of mass transit if it just adds traffic? -.-
    I saw a video where someone only had industry and residential. Librarys were enough to stop people hurting themselves and making fires, but people only walk to librarys, so no traffic. They also gained happiness from them, so no need for comercial. There was a lot of criminals, but because there wasn't any shops, there wasn't any crime. The city didn't need any medical, fire or police services and all they did was work at trade depots and processor plants.

It's kind of cool you can "break" the game in this way, but it's annoying when your traffic goes down from NOT using the in-game tools provided for lowering it (busses, trains, planes etc)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for them. Hopefully they'll be spared the purge.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was buying something on amazon and I saw this...It gave me the wtf face, so random...

Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    soooo is this game still good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yes.
    ....and no.

I definitely enjoyed my time with the game, but there's only so much you can do with that small plot of land. With a lot of important features disabled currently (like Cheetah speed) and big issues with traffic/transportation (I'm looking at you, speedcars) it's probably a good idea to give it some time. It's also too easy to make money right now, with static prices for things like TVs. I was able to reach 800,000,000 simoleons...

I definitely haven't quit the game I'm just waiting for improvements and bigger plots of land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maxis did a spot on job of nailing the "look." It can be fun just to zoom in to an intersection and leave it there. My kids love the game. However, SimCity 5 feels to me like the multiplayer mode for a larger and more in depth game that, unfortunately, doesn't actually exist. When you add that to Lucy and company's lying? Its a dumbed down shallow reboot compared to previous versions.

Personally I consider it a "wait for a sale," and a few months of patches, kind of game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm having some problems. The first being populating my factories. That I know how to solve -- quit raising the land value which makes the richer sims come in.

The next is, do rich sims just NOT attend school? Ever since my city's land value started going up, fewer and fewer sims were enrolled dropping my enrollment I also checked their "educated" status and they're barley educated.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, rich sims get to school more than the lower ones. You checked school buses and if they get all? (If you open the education map you actually see where sims are, bus stop or in the building, if it takes to long for the bus, they just go home >.<)

Deleted
    Wondering when we're going to see the next patch from the Maxis crew, and if it'll fix the issues still plaguing the game.

Apparently the upcoming update is on the Test Server this weekend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Apparently the upcoming update is on the Test Server this weekend.
    It is on the test server right now.

Also the time limit for redeeming your free game has passed. So if someone hasn't done that yet then they are out of luck but might be able to convince customer service to still give it to you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Yes.
    ....and no.

I definitely enjoyed my time with the game, but there's only so much you can do with that small plot of land. With a lot of important features disabled currently (like Cheetah speed) and big issues with traffic/transportation (I'm looking at you, speedcars) it's probably a good idea to give it some time. It's also too easy to make money right now, with static prices for things like TVs. I was able to reach 800,000,000 simoleons...

I definitely haven't quit the game I'm just waiting for improvements and bigger plots of land.
    Ive noticed a few people say that Cheetah speed is disabled and everyone is complaining about it... but mine is not and never was disabled. Ive been playing every day since 2 days after release

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    Ive noticed a few people say that Cheetah speed is disabled and everyone is complaining about it... but mine is not and never was disabled. Ive been playing every day since 2 days after release
    The second and third speed both run at the same speed even though you can still switch to the third speed. Switch to the test server and you can see the difference between speed 2 and speed 3.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Any one had the " find the bomb " mission ?

You need to look for a bomb, but i dont know how... So a bomb exploded in my city. I got 13 million $$$ so it didnt hurt that much, but I would like to understand how u can search for the bomb. Btw still 1 spot free in my region. I give u a 500k welcome bonus if u come and join us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    It should be disabled everywhere. You can still activate Cheetah mode but it has the same speed as Rhino mode (is that what it's called in SC5?).

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grandvampirelord View Post
    Any one had the " find the bomb " mission ?

You need to look for a bomb, but i dont know how... So a bomb exploded in my city. I got 13 million $$$ so it didnt hurt that much, but I would like to understand how u can search for the bomb. Btw still 1 spot free in my region. I give u a 500k welcome bonus if u come and join us
    I've not yet seen that one sorry. What region are you in? Maybe I'll come along and build another industrial empire!