Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Have you planted trees over the radiation aiko?
    Yeah, they die after a couple of hours. I tried replanting them over and over but it didn't seem to help.
    If all else fails, I plan to build my trade buildings (depot, processors, recycling centers, etc) on top of the radiation because they seem to still function. The problem is I will have a lot of pissed off, sick Sims. Maybe I'll give them a hospital too.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 08:12 PM ----------

Oh, if there is a lesson to be learned from this: don't AFK in a city with a nuclear power plant and medium education Sims.

Deleted
    Not sure if there's anything you can do against nuclear radiation since that kind of pollution is a bit special if this game is logical in the slighest, can take centuries for that to get disolved naturally, which is also the reason that the fallout is normally stored deep below the surface within mountains normally, Chernobyl is still a nuclear wasteland even today over 25 years later as an example.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-03-15 at 08:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Not sure if there's anything you can do against nuclear radiation since that kind of pollution is a bit special if this game is logical in the slighest, can take centuries for that to get disolved naturally, which is also the reason that the fallout is normally stored deep below the surface within mountains normally, Chernobyl is still a nuclear wasteland even today over 25 years later as an example.
    Radiation is treated as a "germ" to Sim health in the game. Not everything needs to be 100% realistic because it is still a game and it would be pretty silly to be forced to abandon a region in a game just because of one object. Sure there can be harsh penalties in a game but part of this Sim City is puzzling out how to build and make your city thrive. And that includes dealing with what ever disasters come your way.

The ground pollution from radiation can take a long time to heal on its own but is spread up with trees and parks. You would need the wellness centers to reduce the Sim's effect to the radiation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that it takes 20 years to go away. so that's about 48 hours ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that it takes 20 years to go away. so that's about 48 hours ^.^
    I'll build around it for now. I'll be a low population, high trade city for a while until the space opens up. If it opens up ;-;

Apart from health effects this seems pretty realistic. Still sucks ass though Our region is pretty much awesome and I'm sure has nearly every building upgrade at this point so I'll do my best to keep my Sims healthy. I'll also stick to solar power this time...

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can't claim the empty plots?

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can't claim the empty plots?
    Not yet...I plan on uninstalling the game and re-installing it tonight to see if it "detects" that I'm using digital deluxe. I was told that when I play the game it appears to my friends as the normal name and doesn't say Digital Deluxe.

10+ Year Old Account
    And half your city is polluted by ground pollution too. you should sacrifice some trees there!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I'll build around it for now. I'll be a low population, high trade city for a while until the space opens up. If it opens up ;-;

Apart from health effects this seems pretty realistic. Still sucks ass though Our region is pretty much awesome and I'm sure has nearly every building upgrade at this point so I'll do my best to keep my Sims healthy. I'll also stick to solar power this time...
    Our region is awesome! Assuming you're talking about the Asia one! I've also suffered from a nuclear meltdown....I'm very close to another one...swapping to solar MIGHT be a smart idea....apparently my Sims are thick as full fat cream.

Anyone know if fallout eventually dissipates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    Anyone know if fallout eventually dissipates?
    My last info I heard was 20 years, so about 48 hours gametime, without trees.

That'll be a lot easier to get rid of with Cheetah speed. >.<

Came in here wondering if they had fixed this game after the horrible release; I guess not, it still appears to be a complete disaster. I guess I should probably wait 4-6 months to see if things change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Came in here wondering if they had fixed this game after the horrible release; I guess not, it still appears to be a complete disaster. I guess I should probably wait 4-6 months to see if things change.
    Yes, a nuclear meltdown is a complete disaster, but that wont change in 4-6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Our region is awesome! Assuming you're talking about the Asia one! I've also suffered from a nuclear meltdown....I'm very close to another one...swapping to solar MIGHT be a smart idea....apparently my Sims are thick as full fat cream.
    Yup Asia is my baby, I put a lot of work into my city. To see it now as a desolate nuclear wasteland is a little depressing. But I will rebuilt it! I have the technology!

Deleted
    Yup Asia is my baby, I put a lot of work into my city. To see it now as a desolate nuclear wasteland is a little depressing. But I will rebuilt it! I have the technology!

you still at work, or are you playing yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you still at work, or are you playing yet?
    Sadly at work. I had to cover late shifts the last few days.

Deleted
    Sadly at work. I had to cover late shifts the last few days.

blah, curse time zones! were never on at the same time D:

Deleted
    how do you do that with the roads?