Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let my girlfriend have a go last night. Oh dear what a bad idea that was >_<

Had to battle to get her off it after about 4 hours and now had to order her a copy. She got up this morning and went straight to my PC and started playing again. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Let my girlfriend have a go last night. Oh dear what a bad idea that was >_<

Had to battle to get her off it after about 4 hours and now had to order her a copy. She got up this morning and went straight to my PC and started playing again. D:
    Lol, you best hope the copy arrives soon :-D

•It’s now easier to place airport runways
    Hah, about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they'll patch in offline mode, doubt it though.

With the declared design vision being centered on region play, I don't see it happening until EA plans to take the servers down some years from now.

Deleted
    Little video that quickly explains advantages of various road types.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-8lhpINmXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Deleted
    Assuming its university level studies for a safe nuclear power plant? Running out of space at about 70 000 citizens and could gain a good bit by bulldozing my wind power.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Assuming its university level studies for a safe nuclear power plant? Running out of space at about 70 000 citizens and could gain a good bit by bulldozing my wind power.
    Just use dirty fuels. They are soooo much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    So are new forum users just ignored on this forum? I'm not raging but I have been sending you messages on here and replied and no response from you, or anyone else for that matter.
    You are also always showing as offline in origin and I can't message you in game cuz derp chat rooms down.
    I've been offline for a while, any friend requests ive had when ive been online in SimCity, i've invited to my regions, you may have added me after i had a day and a bit
    off.. either way when i get on later i'll throw you an invite, i actually do invite everyone on my friends list to any new region i make..

Also, IF you are online and you get an invite, you need to relog it seems, otherwise you dont get the invite until next time you log on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by domesticllama View Post
    Just use dirty fuels. They are soooo much smaller.

yep, i refuse to use a nuclear plant, heard too many bad stories about it, rather have an ugly polluting coal plant than risk destroying my city :P

Then again peggle, you could ust put the coal plant in the corner of the map, surrounded by a helluva lot of trees...

I prefer wind power tbh though, as its ALWAYS there, but takes up so much room

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Then again peggle, you could ust put the coal plant in the corner of the map, surrounded by a helluva lot of trees...

I prefer wind power tbh though, as its ALWAYS there, but takes up so much room

yeah, i start with wind power, but unless you have lots of space it just doesn't produce much power even with the best turbines, the space it uses compared to power output is too low. solar farms are quite good, but still take up a lot of room

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yep, i refuse to use a nuclear plant, heard too many bad stories about it, rather have an ugly polluting coal plant than risk destroying my city :P
    I had the 10 year achievement in my city, with my nuke! There's just to many unable sim-herder out there, like Aiko!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth bulldozing everything and starting the city a fresh or will I lose all my unlocked goodies like University, Electrical HQ and such?

Deleted
    After 24 hours with the game, I kind of feel like I've seen it all. The small city size is really a deterrent to building a creative metropolis that would keep me occupied far longer :x

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great now my city isn't processing and needs to be rolled back, again >_<

Now my city has just disappeared and I am no longer in the MMO-Champion1 region. sigh that's my whole saturday gone!
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-03-16 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    After 24 hours with the game, I kind of feel like I've seen it all. The small city size is really a deterrent to building a creative metropolis that would keep me occupied far longer :x

yeah i kind of feel the same way, after 20-30mins playing you have filled the map, i would love some bigger maps to be a bit more creative, not flat maps they are quite boring and just end up with a grid design most of the time, but would be nice to have bigger maps. maybe not huge, but just so you havn't filled all the space in 20mins.

Has anyone's mine ever run dry? Mine's been at 0 months supply for the longest time and still producing.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a simple little education village
    http://i.imgur.com/rxh9Jz4.jpg

to a metropolis :P
    http://i.imgur.com/doK3jru.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    From a simple little education village
    http://i.imgur.com/rxh9Jz4.jpg

to a metropolis :P
    http://i.imgur.com/doK3jru.jpg
    The burning building in the middle of the second image is entertaining me way too much, thanks for sharing!