Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you, it can be annoying enough that mounts are just re-skins and there are rarely new models, but when they start just changing the names and don't even bother re-skinning? Sure I won't use every mount but it makes me feel cheated in a way, especially if it was something hard to get.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

I said "three years later", NOT "today". A 1992 top PC would still be quite decent in 1995, only much cheaper.

I see you aren't even willing to read my posts so I'm not going to bother continuing this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I said "three years later", NOT "today". A 1992 top PC would still be quite decent in 1995, only much cheaper.

I see you aren't even willing to read my posts so I'm not going to bother continuing this conversation.
    I could say the same thing about his argument. If some people buy a car and everyone else got the same car for free, everyone who didn't get a car would be pissed regardless of the visual aesthetics.

If you are using metaphors, at least use something similar. That would essentially be the same thing as people complaining that other people can loot free mounts.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post

That's still about the value of the item based on it's functional use compared to its successors, as opposed to the value of an item based purely on aesthetic reasons. A computer actually becomes outdated. The mounts aren't outdated and less useful in any way than other mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    IIRC there is a TCG version of some pets? Different name, exactly same appearance? Lil KT and Lil XT that you can also buy from the petshop? So this issue isn't exactly new
    Well, Lil KT and Lil XT I guess will be from RL money if you get them from tcg or the petshop. I did think the Hippogriph was a bit mad though, because I remember they were selling for LOADS online on Ebay at the time, so that must have really pissed off a lot of people.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a matter of brand devaluation.

When Cadillac or Rolex releases a cheap version of their product that looks similar to the expensive one it pisses owners off. It also dissuades later buyers from buying the brand as it is now devalued. In the short term it boosts sales as lots of people who previously could not afford that brand will go out and buy one, but over time it bites em in the ass as they lose their bread and butter high end customers and the folks on the low end aren't as excited about it because everybody has one now.

Blizz is in it for the quick buck. They do not see brand loyaly as a value anymore. They cater to the new and short term, transient player. Anyone hoping for any kind of reward for being around for a long time, for sticking to warcraft is going to be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

When Blizzard released the Dark Phoenix as an easily obtained mount, many owners of A'lar were furious. These people complained to the point of Blizzard responding to them and why they made this decision. OP is right, it was stupid of Blizzard to repeat the same mistake after they saw the ramifications of copying mounts. Only this time, it wasn't even a recolor, its the Same. Damn. Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    When Blizzard released the Dark Phoenix as an easily obtained mount, many owners of A'lar were furious. These people complained to the point of Blizzard responding to them and why they made this decision. OP is right, it was stupid of Blizzard to repeat the same mistake after they saw the ramifications of copying mounts. Only this time, it wasn't even a recolor, its the Same. Damn. Mount.
    Exactly, why is this even happening? Blizz has only done this once before with the blue anquirai bug mount

This is a really foolish thing to care about. I have both raptors and don't give a single shit.

Pretty much every mount in this game is taken from past mounts and color changed, slightly modeled etc. It is what it is. I think the rooster mount and the rhino mount from TCG are unique still, so if you want to be a "special snowflake", go after those? I don't know. lol

The new red raptor mount doesn't even look red. It's like Blizzard meant to say orange or maybe brown, but accidentally typed red. haha. The raptor from the 5 man Zul Gurub is red.

EDIT: I was looking through the OP mounts of what they don't have and saw the Ghastly Charger's Skull. Had no idea what that was. It's a new TCG mount. It's actually an undead spectral horse that flies. It looks pretty darn cool to me.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-03-09 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I think the rooster mount and the rhino mount from TCG are unique still, so if you want to be a "special snowflake", go after those? I don't know. lol
    But if you really like the look of the rooster or rhino, should you get them online? or after this, do you just wait and see if Blizz is going to make those free for everyone in game later down the line too? They've kinda made the TCG mounts worthless, if people don't know if they are or aren't going to stay exclusive to the game anymore.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I find it funny how there's an exact duplicate of a mount with a different name and people tell the OP to basically get a life and stop crying

But when this happens with anything else(most of the time its completely different but with the same name - see ZG) there's a QQ storm so massive it causes servers to implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    I find it funny how there's an exact duplicate of a mount with a different name and people tell the OP to basically get a life and stop crying

But when this happens with anything else(most of the time its completely different but with the same name - see ZG) there's a QQ storm so massive it causes servers to implode.
    It's a tiny forum minority anyway, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    This is a really foolish thing to care about. I have both raptors and don't give a single shit.
    They copied a mount, re released the exact same mount under a different name and you don't care? You arn't the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Pretty much every mount in this game is taken from past mounts and color changed, slightly modeled etc. It is what it is. I think the rooster mount and the rhino mount from TCG are unique still, so if you want to be a "special snowflake", go after those? I don't know. lol
    Seriously? It's the exact same mount not a recolor or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    They copied a mount, re released the exact same mount under a different name and you don't care? You arn't the sharpest tool in the shed are you?
    At the end of the day it's not something worth getting worked up about, at all. Not even the smallest little bit. There is so much more to think and worry about in life than something as absurdly trivial as this. If anything, I'm glad other people get to experience the mount without the completely retarded TCG nonsense. E-peen flexing is ridiculous and I'll never understand why it matters to people so much. The TCG mount still has a different name so you can /flex about that all you want if that's really how low your ambitions have become.

I think people should be actually slapped in the face every time they use the term to describe something a video game company does.

Also the red primal raptor has a tan saddle and reins. the savage one has black saddle and reins. They're Totally Different.
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2013-03-09 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Makes me chuckle when folks go nuts over mounts mainly shows that they can no longer the special snowflake that they want to be forever.. All I can say to that is so what who cares... And well the only people who can really claim being special are the lucky ones that got the [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] from the opening of AQ 40 all other mounts pale in comparison as there were only so many folks who got them and that no one can never get them again.

When you can say you were lucky to get a [Black Qiraji Battle Tank] then folks might be impressed..
    Meh, according to guildox I have quite a few old mounts rarer than AQ tank. (ignoring recent panda rares etc)

Anyone who has been playing the game for awhile is likely not impressed with seeing a tank, 90% of people with one that still log in got it during burning crusade easymode. (or even later due to glitch/exploit). I hear its even worse EU side as hundreds jumped on a server that flipped years later.

Deleted
    I do feel for you. As mount collector I wouldn't want to see clones of my rare mounts with exactly same look.

However, mounts are nothing special these days. Blizzard awards mounts for everything: every raid has at least one boss that drops mount, every rep vendor has mounts, many achievements award mounts. Dupers are on rampage cloning all BoE mounts while Blizzard does nothing to stop them. With so many mounts available everywhere, there is no feeling of achievement anymore when getting rare mount. Mounts no longer work as carrot in wow.

Grats on being lucky with TCG and /hug

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    At the end of the day it's not something worth getting worked up about, at all. Not even the smallest little bit. There is so much more to think and worry about in life than something as absurdly trivial as this. If anything, I'm glad other people get to experience the mount without the completely retarded TCG nonsense. E-peen flexing is ridiculous and I'll never understand why it matters to people so much. The TCG mount still has a different name so you can /flex about that all you want if that's really how low your ambitions have become.
    This forum is about WoW not about life, in life i'm doing pretty good thank you. This is not about epeen or anything this is about blizzard just copying mounts and reusing it i mean it is rediculous. The name states red and it isn't. Your comment is rather rude

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    This forum is about WoW not about life, in life i'm doing pretty good thank you. This is not about epeen or anything this is about blizzard just copying mounts and reusing it i mean it is rediculous. The name states red and it isn't. Your comment is rather rude
    So you're mad that something in the MMO industry was copied and reused. In case you hadn't noticed, this has been going on in MMOs forever. Might be time for you to find another genre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    Meh, according to guildox I have quite a few old mounts rarer than AQ tank. (ignoring recent panda rares etc)

Anyone who has been playing the game for awhile is likely not impressed with seeing a tank, 90% of people with one that still log in got it during burning crusade easymode. (or even later due to glitch/exploit). I hear its even worse EU side as hundreds jumped on a server that flipped years later.

Not to mention the oceanic servers bugging out years ago making the gates reset. At least 30 people got the tank on Thaurissan alone.