Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[RESTO] Healing tips fo Throne of Thunder.

Note: These tips may seem common sense to some however remember someone somewhere may find these useful. Of course these are just my thoughts/opinions and how I did it within my raid group for our kills so if you don't agree with something that's fine. Also note that these tips are from a 25 man perspective if you have any 10 man advice please feel free to share.

Jin'rohk the Breaker

Glyphs: Wild Growth, Lifebloom, Regrowth

Talents:

• NV can be useful for the raid aoe. Personally i used HotW because it prefer the static INT.
    • Incarnation can be used every 2nd AoE which i personally prefer over SotF but for this fight both are fine choices.
    • All the other talents have no effect on his fight in my opinion and should be personal choice.

Tips:

• Place your mushrooms in the middle at your stacking point for the AoE. By the time you get to the AoE they will easily be full. Burst them when people are around 75% health.
    • Incarnation first AoE, Tranq second, Incarnation 3rd, Tranq 4th and hope your raid kills it

Heroic Tips:

• Shroom on pools for static burst. The bloom will be boosted for anyone standing in the pool.
    • Bark Skin and a rejuv on yourself will usually be enough to keep you alive through Ionization and a static burst.
    • Symbiosis a Shaman for moving Tranq. Use it while moving to your stack point while other less mobile healers get into position.

Horridon

Talents: I use SotF for this one as there was a fair bit of constant AoE. Incarnation could also be used roughly every second door as well as last phase.

Tips:

• AoE heal
    • Shrooms are harder to use here but in the final phase place them on your tanks and bloom them if they get low(below 30% or something) it will heal for about 750k with 33000 SP so that's a nice burst
    • On second door( poison) if dps don't interrupt the aoe poison the debuff can get quite high. Don't spam dispell(unless dire!) as more debuffs are likely to come out. Once you know the next door is soon and no adds are up dispell a lot if the buff is high. Mana wasn't an issue for me with 9.5k spr and spr trinks.
    • Symbiosis with Pally lets you dispel that disease on the 3rd door. (Thanks Eielayia)

Heroic Tips:

Council of Elders

Talents:

• Incarnation is nice for sandstorm. And i prefer it over SotF but both would work.
    • NV could be useful on sandstorms to but i prefer HotW for passive INT.
    • Typhoon is nice on this fight for adds if they're too close to healing/killing their target.
    • Ursol's Vortex could also be nice for adds. I haven't tried it yet but most other cc works

Tips:

• Typhoon the heal/kill adds if they get close.
    • Shrooms in the middle of the room people were generally near each other as the raid aoe wasnt an issue. Burst on sandstorm.
    • Incarnation for sandstorm if needed.
    • Changing form to dispel your self is cheaper than dispelling. Use it to save some mana. (Thanks Eielayia)

Tortos

Talents:

• Incarnation is good for healing and moving to avoid turtles and rocks.
    • Cenarion Ward could be nice for keeping the Off tank above 350k health. Though I prefer NS.

Tips:

• Symbiosis a Shaman so you move while using Tranq. As it's pretty tough to Tranq while standing still. (Thanks Eielayia)
    • Shroom on the main tank can be a nice burst CD when he dips low.
    • Shrooms can also be placed near the middle of the area for bursting after stomp.
    • Use Iron Bark on Off tank to keep his health above 350k when ever its off CD and he has bats on him.

Heroic Tips:

Megaera

Talents:

• Towards the end there is a lot of AoE so SotF is nice for this fight. Though incarnation can be a nice healing CD to get through a few of the last Rampage.
    • NV can be good if your raid needs the healing CDs for Rampages. Other wise I prefer HotW.
    • Displacer Beast can be good for getting out of things e.g. Acid Rain. Same could be said with Wild Charge.

Tips:

• Shrooms near your stack point for Rampage can be a nice AoE heal. Just place them there between Rampages.

Ji-Kun

Talents:

Tips:

Durumu

Talents:

Tips:

Primordius

Talents:

Tips:

Dark Animus

Talents:

Tips:

Iron Qon

Talents:

Tips:

Twin Consorts

Talents:

Tips:

Lei Shen

Talents:

Tips:

Slowly filling in the info as i get time.
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2013-04-17 at 10:51 AM.

my advice for 10m resto....go back to boomy

Infracted. Please be constructive.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-03-11 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staggy View Post
    ...what? Resto is probably one of the better healers right now, even above paladin and disc priest at some fights.

some fights being a whole 2 of them?

Deleted
    well i went to see some of the druids i respect as healers who were ranked in top 10 in previous tiers from their logs in first days they are behind disc priests and other classes . In some fights (like first boss) they are second or third close to first 2 but still around 5k hps behind so while they are new encounters i havent yet see any hope for us so far. In 10man due to mushrooms improve healing we might be able to be closer to other classes but 25man i am sorry but if you take an equal skill player of each class druids in most fights are ranked only above hpriests close to shamans (In some fights) and deffo behind disc priests.

I can definitely vouch for Blink (and its new changes). It allows you to instantly dodge mechanics like Horridon's swipe, sand trap etc.

Symbiosis with Pally on Horridon lets you dispel that disease on the 3rd door.

Symbiosis with Shammy on Tortos is pretty much required to be able to use tranq.

Remember you can stance dance the snare on Council of Elders, it's cheaper than dispelling.

Giving solar beam to a shammy on Horridon could help with interrupts.

Shrooms really far forward so they only hit the tank on Tortos is pretty nice.

All this is from a 10m perspective but I'm sure a lot of it applies to 25m too.

Quote Originally Posted by staggy View Post
    Just.....get the fuck out. No, Seriously. Let the door hit your ass on the way out

Holy shit, Just...get out.

If you don't know what you are talking about don't post.

Infracted. Please do not flame someone regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Worth the infraction
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-03-10 at 05:25 AM.

Symbiosis with Pally on Horridon lets you dispel that disease on the 3rd door.
    And even more, it doesn't share cooldown with your normal dispel, so you can dispel 2 venoms in a row when you fight Gurubashi.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Just.....get the fuck out. No, Seriously. Let the door hit your ass on the way out

Holy shit, Just...get out.

If you don't know what you are talking about don't post.

Infracted. Please do not flame someone regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Worth the infraction
    I agree in a 10m environment we are really performing well! I can't complain. And if you are doing S%^@#t then look at yourself and not the class

Last Sunday, my casual raid team was trying to down Horriblon , I was OS healing, to allow the team (about 495 I lvl on average) to survive longer while practicing mechanics.
    Our main healers are paladin and holy priest.
    So, being 3rd healer, In our longest try, which was half through 4 th door, I was able to be 2nd HPS, with about 16M healing +about 12M OVERhealing.

It was freaking ridiculous, I tired using mushrooms, but main healers kept tanks topped, and in rare cases when tanks HP went down I could not replant fully charged mushrooms fast enough to make a difference, maybe it s about more practice in this fight.
    Basically half of my healing went into "over".

I strongly suspect that instead of rejuvenation I should probably be using just glyphed regrowth. Less mana efficient but also less wasted in overheals.
    My dispelling was on par with our priest, even though he massdispelled, I was able to do well with symbiotic clense from our pally.

I still think that being resto as a 3rd healer at Horriblon is wasting resources, I d prefer to be boomkin there.
    With self remove corruption, solar beam/typhoon, mighty bash, and general spread multitarget flavour of this encounter, I d be a real moonbeast :P

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    Tortos

Talents:

• Incarnation is good for healing and moving to avoid turtles and rocks.
    • Cenarion Ward could be nice for keeping the Off tank above 350k health. Though I prefer NS.

Tips:

• Symbiosis a Shaman so you move while using Tranq. As it's pretty tough to Tranq while standing still. (Thanks Eielayia)
    • Shroom on the main tank can be a nice burst CD when he dips low.
    • Shrooms can also be placed near the middle of the area for bursting after stomp.
    • Use Iron Bark on Off tank to keep his health above 350k when ever its off CD

I don't have the luxury of raiding with a shaman... any ideas on how a resto druid can use tranq during "Quake Stomp?" Whenever its my turn in the defensive cooldown rotation, I usually have to cancel my cast due to "Rockfall." I've tried personal/symb personal defensive cooldowns to stand in "Rockfall" but always end up dead.

Here's what I've come up with so far...

-Soul of the Forest (increased haste/extra hot stick)

-pally "Divine Shield" (protection from dmg/spells for 8 sec)

-create a macro that uses "Iron Bark, Barkskin, Might of Ursoc, and a symbiosis Fortifying Brew/Icebound Fortitude" to try to survive chanelling Tranq while standing in "Rockfall"
    Last edited by zeebow; 2013-03-15 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebow View Post
    I don't have the luxury of raiding with a shaman... any ideas on how a resto druid can use tranq during "Quake Stomp?" Whenever its my turn in the defensive cooldown rotation, I usually have to cancel my cast due to "Rockfall." I've tried personal/symb personal defensive cooldowns to stand in "Rockfall" but always end up dead.

Here's what I've come up with so far...

-Soul of the Forest (increased haste/extra hot stick)

-create a macro that uses "Iron Bark, Barkskin, Might of Ursoc, and a symbiosis Fortifying Brew/Icebound Fortitude" to try to survive chanelling Tranq while standing in "Rockfall"
    All 3 of those options are great. The second one is definitely the best option though. SotF and Tranq would be nice but throw on Iron Bark as you will still get hit by 1 at least.

10+ Year Old Account

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can channel Tranq with Might of Ursoc. The Might of Ursoc puts you in bear form, and then the tranq pulls you out of bear form and makes the might of ursoc buff go away.

Only feral gets Divine Shield from a pally. Do you mean Hand of Protection? If so, rockfall is nature damage so Hand of Protection wouldn't help.

SotF to make tranq go faster can help but you'll prob still have to eat some rockfall. Displacer Beast could help you get out the moment tranq is done.

As for eating rockfalls, it's 350000 nature damage per hit in 10 man. Barkskin + Ironbark together is a 36% DR so it prob isn't enough. Coordinating more externals could help. Getting all that you can of the following could help: Pain Suppression(Disc Priest), Power Word: Barrier(Disc Priest), Hand of Sacrifice (from every pally), Safeguard/Vigilance(Warrior), Smoke Bomb(Rogue), AMZ (DK). That's all I can think of. Good thing is most of those things are of little use in that fight otherwise.

Twin Consorts :

Do not pop Tranq / Wild Growth when there's still add on tank.

You are gonna have a bad time !

Just killed Horridon on Heroic 10Man.
    Healing Setup: Disc Priest + Me (Resto druid)

I suggest having ur Symbiosis on a Paladin so you can dispell the Deadly Plague and you also get a second poison dispell!

Glyhps: Lifebloom, Regrowth and Wildgrowth

Talents: Displacer Beast, Nature's Swiftness, Typhoon, Soul of the Forest, Might Bash (use on 3rd gate) and Heart of the Wild.

tips:
    USE MUSHROOMS, kinda hard in p1 but place them on the tanks, and in p2 use them where u stack to use after the big aoe bursts.
    FF the Dino and Typhoon him

For anyone without access to a shaman in their main raid, if you have a paladin you can have them cast "Hand of Protection" on you so you can eat turtle spinning hits while you cast Tranquility too.
    Last edited by Saharie; 2013-03-19 at 05:11 PM.

Iron Qon:
    Displacer Beast is extremely helpful on wind phase. Also, Stampeding Roar doesn't allow engineers in your raid to use nitro boosts, lol.
    Lei Shen:
    It's up to your RL anyway, but you can solo soak Static Shock with symbiosis on mage/hunter.
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2013-03-29 at 11:16 PM.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Iron Qon:
    Displacer Beast is extremely helpful on wind phase. Also, Stampeding Roar doesn't allow engineers in your raid to use nitro boosts, lol.
    And on Ji-Kun during downdraft. Just make sure you're not closest to boss when downdraft ends because you'll get gibbed. :d

-Evasion works on Quills on Ji-Kun

-Spiritwalker's Grace is strong on Light Spectrum on Durumu esp if you get chosen for red

-Displacer Beast trivializes the tornado dodging on Iron Qon

-Monk/DK defensive are a strong choice for Lei Shen but Ice Block lets you soak that Ring that gets placed on you during transition by yourself
    Last edited by Soraka; 2013-04-13 at 05:03 AM.