unbalance classes

Wasn't this patch suppose to balance out the classes more ? It's more out of balance now! How is it so hard for blizzard to balance this out when other games have got closer than blizzard has?.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom472 View Post
    Wasn't this patch suppose to balance out the classes more ? It's more out of balance now! How is it so hard for blizzard to balance this out when other games have got closer than blizzard has?.
    following copied from mmo this morning, from Patch 5.2 Dev Interviews about 1/3 down the page.

PvP will likely never be completely balanced, as there are so many specs and different PvP situations that it is impossible.
    PvP could be fairly well balanced with six or seven specs, but then the rest of the classes and specs would feel left out. This means the idea balance point right now is making sure that everyone can compete at some level.
    Blizzard feels that a highly skilled player can take almost any spec and do very well with it.

Maybe if you have too many problems with this another game may be better for you

Balance was shit, is shit and will be always shit. Blizzard can't really balance anything.

Deleted
    What other games are you referring to?

I'll be the first to say Blizzard is awful at balancing classes for PvP; I think they patch too little and changes that need to be made now wont actually happen for weeks, sometimes months.

Yet I haven't played any MMO that I thought has done it right yet; nevermind one with 11 classes and 34 specs.

SWTOR's balance was (and is) dire; some classes absolutely shit on others and there's nothing you can do. They have what, 4 classes with 2 "subclasses" each. The talent trees aren't so gamechanging (lots of +1% type fillers) but there are 24 different trees. I still remember Republic healers 1shotting people in PvP

Warhammer Online had shit balance, still has shit balance; they launched with (iirc) 22 "careers", each with a unique mechanic and their own special ability then 3 specializations each for 66 builds. It was never supposed to be balanced though since the game has a much more "zergy" type of PvP rather than small skirmishes.

GW2 seems fairly decent but I haven't played it in a while. They're only having to deal with 5 classes though and since you can only access 10 skills at a time it makes their job much easier.

Conan... well... the PvP balance sucked, but worse than that so did the PvE balance. I remember getting to higher levels and suddenly realizing the class I picked wasn't viable because it was simply too weak.

Those are the ones I've played. The only one that wasn't frustrating as fuck to PvP in was Guild Wars.

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about the comment Blizzard made regarding balance (as quoted in the second post). Every class and build has it's own little subtle differences (or sometimes stark differences). But tools available, output, and survivability do their best to put everything on an even keel. Then it's simply up to player input to make the most of those tools and such. It's not always Blizzard's fault, sometimes it's a PEBKAC issue that leads to the notion of imbalance.

Owning or driving the fastest car in the world doesn't mean jack if you don't properly know how to handle that much power. Same idea applies to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom472 View Post
    Is this your first time with a WoW patch? The classes will never be balanced, and you need to either get used to that reality or find another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    What other games are you referring to?

I'll be the first to say Blizzard is awful at balancing classes for PvP; I think they patch too little and changes that need to be made now wont actually happen for weeks, sometimes months.

Yet I haven't played any MMO that I thought has done it right yet; nevermind one with 11 classes and 34 specs.

SWTOR's balance was (and is) dire; some classes absolutely shit on others and there's nothing you can do. They have what, 4 classes with 2 "subclasses" each. The talent trees aren't so gamechanging (lots of +1% type fillers) but there are 24 different trees. I still remember Republic healers 1shotting people in PvP

Warhammer Online had shit balance, still has shit balance; they launched with (iirc) 22 "careers", each with a unique mechanic and their own special ability then 3 specializations each for 66 builds. It was never supposed to be balanced though since the game has a much more "zergy" type of PvP rather than small skirmishes.

GW2 seems fairly decent but I haven't played it in a while. They're only having to deal with 5 classes though and since you can only access 10 skills at a time it makes their job much easier.

Conan... well... the PvP balance sucked, but worse than that so did the PvE balance. I remember getting to higher levels and suddenly realizing the class I picked wasn't viable because it was simply too weak.

Those are the ones I've played. The only one that wasn't frustrating as fuck to PvP in was Guild Wars.
    Dark Age of Camelot managed to balance their RvR/PvP game, 3 realms, 19 races, 45 classes, all classes have 3 speclines, some even 4, 5 and even 6. Hybrids specs are common also.

I don't think any game with classes, or any other RPG elements, will ever be truly balanced. It just isn't feasible. FPS is generally the only truly balanced genre of gaming, because there's little to no difference between any two given players. The only advice I can give about WoW PvP is to accept what it is, and just try to have fun instead of taking it serious. It's not a competitive game and never will be, nor will any other MMO.

Is this thread related to warriors by any chance?
    If not, please move it to the PvP forum section.

Thanks.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.