Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...and I'm sure you would've said "Well I guess I can't have fun in raids anymore, because of no new raids." had they announced they're no longer doing raids and are instead just focusing on 5-mans.
    When that happens let me know.

Blizzard have successfully trashed 5 man heroics over the past few years, starting with wotlk. The word "Heroic" became a joke which made dungeons seem like trivial content which infact they should'nt be. TBC hcs and early Cata hc made doing dungeons worthwile and you had to learn the mechanics and cc correctly or you would die. I truely believe these improved the skills of the players who persisted in completing them to the end, and in my case had a lot of fun learning.

Of course with anything majoritys will always be the ones who will be accounted for, whilst this is good for profit its a step backwards for the game. Money will always degrade games to please the masses there is no way to stop it unless blizzard turn into a non profit organisation...

For me dailies are just time thieves and don't offer anything fun so i will continue to avoid them. Kudos to people who do find them fun because you have a great ability to suck up crap and still smile.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I agree Hot dungeons were well done but with LFR now all that art work could have been used for a raid and we wouldn't have had a 8 boss tier. I'll take that over dungeons every time.
    Wrath of the Lich King's final patch introduced 3 five-man dungeons along with a 12 boss tier raid zone.

Your theory is refuted by pure history.

I only ever get Scholomance or SM anyways...

Doesnt talk about 5.3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Blizzard have successfully trashed 5 man heroics over the past few years, starting with wotlk. The word "Heroic" became a joke which made dungeons seem like trivial content which infact they should'nt be. TBC hcs and early Cata hc made doing dungeons worthwile and you had to learn the mechanics and cc correctly or you would die. I truely believe these improved the skills of the players who persisted in completing them to the end, and in my case had a lot of fun learning.

Of course with anything majoritys will always be the ones who will be accounted for, whilst this is good for profit its a step backwards for the game. Money will always degrade games to please the masses there is no way to stop it unless blizzard turn into a non profit organisation...

For me dailies are just time thieves and don't offer anything fun so i will continue to avoid them. Kudos to people who do find them fun because you have a great ability to suck up crap and still smile.
    There are still challenge modes.

I'd support new dungeons if they'd reward same level of gear. Dungeons that give you more chances at some rare slot drops and give variety of environment, while not influencing rest of content = win. OTOH ANY dungeon with higher level, that automatically makes previous dungeons/raids irrelevant and thus makes pool SMALLER = fail.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I'd support new dungeons if they'd reward same level of gear. Dungeons that give you more chances at some rare slot drops and give variety of environment, while not influencing rest of content = win. OTOH ANY dungeon with higher level, that automatically makes previous dungeons/raids irrelevant and thus makes pool SMALLER = fail.
    Yeah I am not sure how they could deliver on both. I do enjoy dungeons but I can see why they don't have plans for them in Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I only ever get Scholomance or SM anyways...
    Lucky you. Those are MoP's best 5-man dungeons :P

I only get Siege of Niuzao and Gate of the Setting Sun...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks for small friends and family guilds that don't raid. I know a bunch of people that are going to be unsubscribing due to lack of small group content. :/

I'm not sure why so many people are so willing to accept scenarios - I mean honestly how many people run them more than a handful of times? It's not even worth it for the small chance at getting a half decent item.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lucky you. Those are MoP's best 5-man dungeons :P

I only get Siege of Niuzao and Gate of the Setting Sun...

The rehashed ones?!?! Seriously though I don't really like Niuzao but I like Gate of the Setting Sun nice and quick. Just hate being a melee on that third boss.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I miss the dungeon model of Burning Crusade, when heroics actually felt, well, heroic. We kept running them even as we transitioned to raiding because they had quest events/items, dazzling area aesthetics and gear models, and even a few unique epics that could be earned from the hardest heroic bosses (like the one in Shadow Labyrinth).
    A lot of people share the sentiment, but unfortunately it's not the majority of people remaining to play the game. That much was proven in Cata when they had such a backlash from having difficult dungeons again. I think they've tried the two extremes and find that it's not worth the development time. I'm sure they also have data on the percentages of people who are currently running LFR and seek to streamline their production by only focusing on tuning raids.

I hate it, but it makes complete sense. I think it strays away from the concept of what WoW defined MMOs as, but they are always progressing to redefine the genre for better or worse.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    A lot of people share the sentiment, but unfortunately it's not the majority of people remaining to play the game. That much was proven in Cata when they had such a backlash from having difficult dungeons again. I think they've tried the two extremes and find that it's not worth the development time. I'm sure they also have data on the percentages of people who are currently running LFR and seek to streamline their production by only focusing on tuning raids.

I hate it, but it makes complete sense. I think it strays away from the concept of what WoW defined MMOs as, but they are always progressing to redefine the genre for better or worse.
    The cata dungeons were kind of fun with a guild group, but I was not lucky enough to have guildies on with me at the start of cata. So all I had were pugs and the dungeons were far from fun

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    There are still challenge modes.
    The whole point is NOT to rush through the dungeons so people won't find them trivial, challenge modes just reiterate how easy "Heroics" are.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    The cata dungeons were kind of fun with a guild group, but I was not lucky enough to have guildies on with me at the start of cata. So all I had were pugs and the dungeons were far from fun
    Of course lfd pugs will always be dreadful if people refuse to learn their classes and the game the proper way. Really don't understand why people think their skilled when they pull off 100k dps with aoe. Used to be controlled take downs using cc and stuns/slows and learning mechanics were the way to go in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    Maybe for fun? a lot of people enjoy 5-mans just because they were watered down and dull on mop is not a reason to stop them completely. I thought this xpac was going to be all about choice in play style. So far it is all about limitations and gating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zimzum2523 View Post
    I thought this xpac was going to be all about choice in play style. So far it is all about limitations and gating.
    More like "you have many choices but they are all neutered and slow, except LFR, run it now!" Yes, i'm mad.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    The catch-up mechanism is handled by LFR
    "Catch-up" involving once-per-week RNG is not anything of the sort.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Thank god no more crap dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd totally rather do lfr over and over and over and over and take a year to get my alts geared because the rate at which you get gear is complete shit as opposed to being able to run dungeons and get caught up with the current tier in a week. Cause LFR is so much fun!
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yeah, I'd totally rather do lfr over and over and over and over and take a year to get my alts geared because the rate at which you get gear is complete shit as opposed to being able to run dungeons and get caught up with the current tier in a week. Cause LFR is so much fun!
    There are SO many different ways to get epics now. I got 6 pieces of gear on my paladin this week without touching LFR yet. You just have to actually play the game. There's a lot of gear rewards out there if you get off your ass and stop afk queue'ing in cities.