Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    All of this you can replace in dungeons, you had bad luck with drops. When you replace those items with 463 it puts you to 470. Option is there.
    It's not an option - it's RNG grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    2 weeks at maximum and you are rdy.
    2 weeks to get to the rest of LFRs of 5.0? And then what? How many weeks in there? Til I get to 480? That is I will need to get 150 ilvls (total not average) from items to get to 480. The biggest difference in ilvl 483 - 463 = 20. The smallest 483 - 476 = 7. Now I cannot control which items I got from LFR - I can get boots which I don't need or I can get cloak which I don't need either, or I can replace 476 item instead of 463. So average ilvl difference is 15 (I rounded up for easy math) - that means I need to get 10 items from HoF and TeS LFR runs - that is 1 item per boss on average (obviously some bosses drop items I don't need or drop more than 1 item I need)
    It is impossible to get 480 in one week. And hardly in two. So a month before ever stepping into 5.2 LFR? Some catch up!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    This makes me sad. Adding new five mans is fun and interesting imo, compared to the alternatives. More dailies that you don't want to do, more scenarios that you'll do once for the achievement, or new five mans to break up the monotony of doing the same ones over and over again for an entire expansion?

Of course, the WotLK model for adding new five mans was the best. Cataclysm's idea of adding two 'new' ones and then three new ones on separate queues was bad because then no one did the old ones unless they were leveling alts and you only ended up in ZA or ZG if you were desperate in between getting enough gear to leave old heroics and enter the new HoT ones. WotLK just lumped them all together and you just couldn't be entered into the newer ones without a higher ilvl. It caused its own problems, but the pros outweighed the cons.

This seriously bummed me out. I was pretty actively wondering about when they would add new five mans and what they'd be about and stuff...
    I agree. Frozen Halls did it right. The item levels there were two tiers lower than the latest raid depending on the raid size. And they were challenging, nothing like End Time, Well of Eternity, or Hour of Twilight. Those three Cata dungeons were designed to get everyone into DS as quickly as possible. That's not what the WotLK dungeons did. I ran those endlessly back in the day, spent badges on T10, and still couldn't get into any PUGs because my gearscore wasn't high enough. No one, at least on ZulJin, would take you unless you had TotC gear on top of all of that. And you couldn't get into TotC most of the time because they wanted an outrageous score for that too.

Like I said before, Blizz can introduce new 5 mans post-release and not kill progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Now go run the rest of LFRs and report

There are no options.
    There are options you just don't like them well boohoo for you, you were shown them.

Deleted
    It is impossible to get 480 in one week.
    Why do you aim to LFR, if you don't like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    There are options you just don't like them well boohoo for you, you were shown them.
    Welcome to the thread about the fact that blizzard decided to remove an option I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Why do you aim to LFR, if you don't like it?
    First of all I didn't say I don't like it.
    Second, it's the only way to gear up an alt.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Why do you want to gear up alt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you want to gear up alt?
    Because I have nothing to do on my main apart from raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the thread about the fact that blizzard decided to remove an option I like.

First of all I didn't say I don't like it.
    Second, it's the only way to gear up an alt.
    It's not the only way, again you don't like the options, and if you don't like the options and aren't having fun quit.

Dungeons use to keep casuals happy. The way the game was supposed to be. Dungeons for casuals. Raids for raiders. Epics for raiders.

But now casuals have LFR so they go straight to epics. No need for dungeons anymore. Its where the implementation of LFR is taking the game unfortunately.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the only way, again you don't like the options, and if you don't like the options and aren't having fun quit.
    What's the other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the other way?
    Crafted gear, world bosses, rep gear, AH (aka world drops)

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted gear, world bosses, rep gear, AH (aka world drops)
    1. No gold for crafted gear
    2. Both world bosses are down - one drop
    3. Rep gear - no valor, nor rep. Plus Rep gives no weapons, no tokens. And 1 item per week - really? that's the way?
    4. AH? see 1.

Any other ways?

Deleted
    Because I have nothing to do on my main apart from raiding?
    So you complaining about gearing up, because you have to gear up?

I'm confused

10+ Year Old Account

I'm confused
    This whole game is about gearing up. If you are still confused - just leave this thread.

Deleted
    No it is not.

There are content needing a gear - raids. You don't belong to those people, because it's about an alt.

There are content not needing a good gear, like challenge modes or hunting rares over all Pandaria

And there are content needed no gear at all, like professions, battle pets.

You see only first option, like it was mandatory. This game have many faces. If you don't want to gear up, do anything else.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm confused
    Of course you're confused because you're not very bright.

[infracted]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-03-12 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is not.

There are content needing a gear - raids. You don't belong to those people, because it's about an alt.
    Really? I can't be possibly raiding with an alt, right?
    There are content not needing a good gear, like challenge modes or hunting rares over all Pandaria
    That's not content.
    And there are content needed no gear at all, like professions, battle pets.
    Professions are at maximum, Battle pets - no time.
    You see only first option, like it was mandatory. This game have many faces. If you don't want to gear up, do anything else.
    You don't know what I see. I like raiding - it's what I do. I gearing up an alt to raid on it. I want to gear it up. Now you go do something else.

Deleted
    That's not content.
    It is. You know definition of "content"?

You don't know what I see. I like raiding - it's what I do. I gearing up an alt to raid on it. I want to gear it up. Now you go do something else.
    Then raid with it and with poor gear. You will get better gear from raids than lfr, and it will be greater challenge to do these bosses with lower characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No gold for crafted gear
    2. Both world bosses are down - one drop
    3. Rep gear - no valor, nor rep. Plus Rep gives no weapons, no tokens. And 1 item per week - really? that's the way?
    4. AH? see 1.

Any other ways?
    So get off your lazy ass and get gold! It's not hard to get in this game!

I love 5-mans and have been tanking/healing/dpsing since WotLK.

As a tank or healer I can usually get in pretty fast and be done in a half hour or less.

It's the ultimate "casual" content when you don't have a lot of time to spend.

Also, it's easier to kick 1 jerk who is griefing in a 5-man than 5 jerks in LFR.

Scenarios don't fill this niche because they take forever. Also, they are uninteresting to tank/heal because they were designed to be done without a tank or healer.
    Last edited by potatoe; 2013-03-12 at 10:16 PM.