Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Those days are gone. Kaput. You want "adventure" in your 5-man, go do challenge mode, which is more or less what you are describing.

If you want adventure in your 5 man you may want to check out GW2. With 33 dungeon paths and Fractals (a series of 9 mini dungeons which scales in difficulty to infinity), an untold amount of mini dungeons in the open world and never a ilvl requirement it offers an excellent alternative for the true dungeon crawler.

Be warned however that these dungeons aren't easy, especially when you are first learning them.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    If you want adventure in your 5 man you may want to check out GW2. With 33 dungeon paths and Fractals (a series of 9 mini dungeons which scales in difficulty to infinity), an untold amount of mini dungeons in the open world and never a ilvl requirement it offers an excellent alternative for the true dungeon crawler.

Be warned however that these dungeons aren't easy, especially when you are first learning them.
    I don't want to come across as rude but the way you worded your post seems like it has came right from Arena Nets PR/Advertising department..

Anyway, transitioning to a whole new game would be a last resort for a lot of people especially in the MMO scene, people invest years into characters and to just say "screw this, moving on" based on one complain that could be fixed seems a bit to far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would of done a 5-man/scenario for the Isle of Giants on either the island itself or an expanded version of the troll ship off the coast of it.

Deleted
    I don't mind the lack of new 5-mans, I actually love most of the core MoP dungeons (Scarlet Monostary and Schoolomance for 2 two years - yay!) but didn't the new 5-mans in former expansions provide gear to "catch up" to the current tier? Or would that be handled by scenarios? The TBC way of having to get through everything to reach the current tier sounds interesting, but I'm just wondering.

It's a change i'm unhappy with. If Blizzard announced there was no new raids, you can bet your ass people would be up in arms and that they'd eventually cave in; despite the fact that it's actually a minority of the WoW playerbase that raids.

I fail too see why they would make new 5-mans, it would just end up not being something that we want to do because it doesnt give high enough ilvl or it would give epic loot, people would hate that even more. It's better in my opinion that they spend som proper time on making a good raid and daily quest zone like here in 5.2 and maby add in some more scenarios for lore. The only use for 5-mans are as a stepping stone into LFR and raiding and making more when we already have plenty is silly waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    I fail too see why they would make new 5-mans, it would just end up not being something that we want to do because it doesnt give high enough ilvl or it would give epic loot, people would hate that even more. It's better in my opinion that they spend som proper time on making a good raid and daily quest zone like here in 5.2 and maby add in some more scenarios for lore. The only use for 5-mans are as a stepping stone into LFR and raiding and making more when we already have plenty is silly waste of time.
    And what of those who enjoy 5-mans because they are 5-mans, a small group environment where you can fulfill every role you can in raids, without the hassle, chaos and mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    And what of those who enjoy 5-mans because they are 5-mans, a small group environment where you can fulfill every role you can in raids, without the hassle, chaos and mess?
    Same situation here and glad you made this VERY IMPORTANT point. I don't like raids ( composition too large ) and I enjoy 5-mans and I couldn't give a flying rat's ass about gear. In so far as I have seen in this thread, I haven't seen anyone make a good argument as to why we should be denied this type enjoyment. Especially when we have been enjoying it for as long as there has been WoW.

Solution I would like to see is for 5 mans to have 1 player and 4 npcs. The player could choose the exact difficulty he wanted and the npcs would spawn tuned to the right level.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Just because they don't plan it right now doesn't mean they won't in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    New scenarios are fine, becuase they are just a faster way for dps to farm valor since heroic queues are way longer. Yeah, they maybe don't have much more of a point but they work.

5mans are useless with LFR - you start with heroics, then go up tier by tier. The LFR are the new 5mans with more people in.
    What you and other people fail ti understand is that weekly lockouts with RNG involved CANT be used as a catch up mechanism because it WILL starve people from gear. Its not a matter of "may atrve", its certain that this system WILL starve thousands and thousands of people from the gear they need, just because thats how RNG works.

5 mans are the best solution, and its lame that they decided to scrap one of the features that made WoW what it is today so that they can give us cheap, low-quality content with a mcdonalds mentality.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    excatly right now the queue time for mgv still increasing day by day; i don't want to think after 5.3 and 5.4 how painfull long will be to queue for those in fresh dinged alt, maybe the only way is again to farm pvp gear
    Farming honor gear is already the best way to gear up for PVE, which is lame from Blizzard. And of course you end up with 20-30k dps in ToT raidfinder since the DPS that gear that way are not hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    When I read that answer it really shocked me... It is a very bad news of course!

Maybe the 5-man dungeons are not a necessity at this point in the expansion, but yet they added something new... they were a bonus content which added diversity to WoW...

I'll miss them so greatly, hopefully Blizzard thinks in ALL types of players, and not just in the same as always...

Blizzard, you must rectify! Add at least 3 new 5-man dungeons please! Many people will thank you.
    Scenarios.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Short enrage timers are a necessity in the brawler's guild to keep the line moving. If you have a healer taking 10 minutes to dps a boss in there down it holds up the line and isn't fun for everyone else.
    We understand why they did it, but that doesnt change the fact that the game is designed for DPSers only, and they very, VERY few activities where we healers are usefull are being shorted down more and more.

Maybe instead of putting enrages, they should have made the fights instanced except for one that gets to be shown. Also, if you are in a group your group would see your fight.

The point is, healers have less and less content with each patch/announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Scenarios.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Scenarios.
    Scenarios are made for DPSers, joining as a healer to a scenario is just being a DPS without the right spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Scenarios are made for DPSers, joining as a healer to a scenario is just being a DPS without the right spells.
    Scenarios are made for anyone. I WISH I had healers in my scenarios so I could go balls crazy and pull everything. I go healer on my monk in scenarios all the time and most of the time out perform the other two. Scenarios offer everything people qqing about 5 mans are willing to admit they want (when in reality, what they want is easy epix). Grab two friends and queue, doesn't matter what spec you are. You want the full "RBG trinity" in your scenario, you got it. Tank healer deeps, done.

Scenarios are made for anyone. I WISH I had healers in my scenarios so I could go balls crazy and pull everything. I go healer on my monk in scenarios all the time and most of the time out perform the other two. Scenarios offer everything people qqing about 5 mans are willing to admit they want (when in reality, what they want is easy epix). Grab two friends and queue, doesn't matter what spec you are. You want the full "RBG trinity" in your scenario, you got it. Tank healer deeps, done.
    This is such a lie, most scenarios dont even let you pull everything, since they have scripted, very low paced events.

Belive me, i joined scenarios as a healer a lot, in at least 80% of them you cant go faster because of it.

Scenarios are just not made for healers, and getting as a healer in one of them is slowing you down, A LOT.

Scenarios dont provide what 5 mans do, scenarios are just a low quality cheap content made to please DPSers and their long queues.

Scenarios.
    I think scenarios are inferior content compared to dungeons, and I believe that the vast majority of players agree. Who in the entire playerbase has ever said that Black Morass and Violet Hold were their favorite dungeons? Because those two were equivalent to modern day scenarios.

Scenarios just don't have a place in this game. Why would you ever decide, "Hmm, running a dungeon would be fun, but what if instead I did something significantly less fun with much less chance of a reward. Yep, I'm going to queue for a scenario."

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    Excellent news, imagine the sheer amount of development time 3 dungeons would require that we only run once for lore, now being spent on the rest of the game? I really like this improved blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Excellent news, imagine the sheer amount of development time 3 dungeons would require that we only run once for lore, now being spent on the rest of the game? I really like this improved blizzard.
    Yeah, imagine how much low quality cheap content we can get instead of high quality content.

We should beg so that all the restaurants in the world shut their doors and be replaced with McDonalds.

Because clearly cheap low quality content is better, right?

Also, with all the subs this will make Blizzard lose, i dont know if you will get that much content in the long run.