Deleted
    Personally I just don't do 5-mans after a few weeks anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Personally I just don't do 5-mans after a few weeks anyway.
    Same here. The 4.3 heroics I did once or twice just to experience them, otherwise, I rarely touched them. Pandaria introductory ones I did a lot more often, but I haven't done them in months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Yes, and the point was that Blizzard did away with dungeon hubs in Cata and MoP. Instead of having a dungeon hub with 2-3 short dungeons that are pretty much visually identical, they have one longer dungeon instead.
    Ahn'kahet was itself longer than any two MoP dungeons, and it was part of a hub. Really the only ones in Cata this applies to are HoO and Deadmines, the former of which is in close proximity to two other dungeons, and the latter of which is a remake. And I guess Grim Batol seemed long, but that's only because the third boss was a poorly tuned wipe-fest.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    We cant have everything, but we can have quality dungeons AND raids being launched regularly, we know this because WE ALREADY HAD THAT IN WRATH, so dont try to say we cant have both.
    lol @ Wrath being the pinnacle of raiding, what total utter BS, you are the person blinded by nostalgia.

Wrath had two yes count them TWO really good raids.

Ulduar and ICC and we had ICC for 1 year, this is what you want?

ToC? Really? You want more raids like ToC, this is what you want?

Naxx 25? Can you imagine the outcry on these very forums if T17 was BWL10 + 25? Can you?

No thanks I would rather have quality original raids over quantity and in a shorter timespan.

So in summary your wish for MoP is

1) To have a raid like ToC, probably the most hated raid in WoW history.

2) A Reworked Raid just retuned lets say BWL.

3) The last Tier to last at least 12 months.

No thanks I would rather have an original raid and they deliver it quicker.

If it means I get no new 5 mans then so be it.

They are able to make bigger quality raids more consistently at the cost of 5 mans as LFR replaces gear catch up, if you can't see that then you are the blind one.

I would love more 5 mans, I am realistic about it though and I don't think I can have everything.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-04-05 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

No thanks I would rather have quality original raids over quantity and in a shorter timespan.
    Funny you say that when that was what Blizzard was preaching in Cata and look how that turned out. Anemic amount of content that started out middle of the line and went downhill fast in quality.

I have not seen T15 though I would not call the first tier all that good with Terrace being quite the let down for the last raid of a tier and being the most simplistic and bland in terms of fight mechanics. I would rank T14 slightly above T11. So far MoP just feels like quantity over quality for me.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-04-06 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    lol @ Wrath being the pinnacle of raiding, what total utter BS, you are the person blinded by nostalgia.

Wrath had two yes count them TWO really good raids.

Ulduar and ICC and we had ICC for 1 year, this is what you want?

ToC? Really? You want more raids like ToC, this is what you want?

Naxx 25? Can you imagine the outcry on these very forums if T17 was BWL10 + 25? Can you?

So in summary your wish for MoP is

1) To have a raid like ToC, probably the most hated raid in WoW history.

2) A Reworked Raid just retuned lets say BWL.

3) The last Tier to last at least 12 months.

No thanks I would rather have an original raid and they deliver it quicker.

If it means I get no new 5 mans then so be it.

They are able to make bigger quality raids more consistently at the cost of 5 mans as LFR replaces gear catch up, if you can't see that then you are the blind one.

I would love more 5 mans, I am realistic about it though and I don't think I can have everything.
    Oh boy, the "My opinion is fact" guy shows up.

I want more, maybe set on old world locations instead of pandaria, but they are not necessary for gearing up anymore.

Deleted
    I just want to see what their new feature to bring 'a lot more content' is before I give my opinion on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The early heroic dungeons of Cataclysm, before their nerf, was the most fun I've ever had when running dungeons. After their nerf, ever since then, and all-throughout Wrath of the lich king before, they were just a bloody boring waste of time.
    Agreed, 5 mans are a boring waste of time, with 2 competent dps they're over in under 10 minutes these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Agreed, 5 mans are a boring waste of time, with 2 competent dps they're over in under 10 minutes these days.
    Scenarios and dailies are different from this how, precisely?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Funny you say that when that was what Blizzard was preaching in Cata and look how that turned out. Anemic amount of content that started out middle of the line and went downhill fast in quality.

I have not seen T15 though I would not call the first tier all that good with Terrace being quite the let down for the last raid of a tier and being the most simplistic and bland in terms of fight mechanics. I would rank T14 slightly above T11. So far MoP just feels like quantity over quality for me.
    I am pretty confused about this statement.

It is very arguable that T11 was the best raid tier in Cata, (Heroic Rag was probably the best fight but the rest of T12 was just "good").

It seems like general opinion is that T15 is better than T14, and in your opinion T14 was slightly better than T11.

You are actually supporting my point not negating it.

In most peoples opinion Ulduar is still the pinnacle of raiding, but it was preceded by Naxx 25 and followed by ToC.

They are producing quality raid content consistently and they are producing it in a quicker time frame.

Do I think Ulduar was probably the best raid tier in WoW history?

Sure I can buy that most people think that, it was really really good but there is also a "rose tinted glasses" factor than we need to account for.

I personally think T11 was (and still is) the best raid tier in WoW history.

But T14 and T15 and both really good as well they are being "consistent" and they are producing the content quicker.

I am very intrigued at how SoO turns out so maybe we should revisit this at the end of MoP but all the signs are positive "right now", but I have been let down by Blizzard recently (T13 I am looking at you!!)

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Oh boy, the "My opinion is fact" guy shows up.
    Really really strong counter argument.

I guess the person I was countering was not quoting is opinion as fact then was (s)he?
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-04-06 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Speeling!

BC was probably the best expansion in terms of the sheer amount of content it had. 15 dungeons, multiple group quests(today they call those scenarios), T4(karazhan, gruul, mag) AND T5(SSC/TK) all available at the start of the expansion.

Deleted
    I'm sure 5-mans have their place, but really with so many other ways to get gear and tell a story available now Blizzard is forced to spread out more.

Hate dailies all you want but I think they're a good way for people with short amounts of playtime a day to feel like they've accomplished something. (And the PvP dailies save me the cringe-fest that is public battlegrounds) And I think scenarios also enable a much more dynamic approach to story telling than dungeons which 9/10 times are just "Go from A to B committing genocide on the way."

Deleted
    Such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I'm sure 5-mans have their place, but really with so many other ways to get gear and tell a story available now Blizzard is forced to spread out more.

Hate dailies all you want but I think they're a good way for people with short amounts of playtime a day to feel like they've accomplished something. (And the PvP dailies save me the cringe-fest that is public battlegrounds) And I think scenarios also enable a much more dynamic approach to story telling than dungeons which 9/10 times are just "Go from A to B committing genocide on the way."
    Lol, true, but when I do a scenario nowadays it's only for valor on my 2 mains, and I don't read anything of the story either, just kill everything till you get valor, leave before even getting loot (if you leave immediately you get the cache but you will never be able to open it, just delete).

for this entire expansion that i've been playing my monk, i've wanted to switch classes. unfortunately, i can't just jump into the latest new 5 mans to gear up close to enough to be able to enter the latest raid, or at least the raid before it, before the current newest.

this is because they want you to go through the same process people went through months and months prior. they want you to be gated by valor, since they haven't switched any valor rewards to honor. they want to gate you with rep, then they want to gate you with ilvl for raids, then gate you with rng. I've had to stick with my monk because by that time, this expansions going to be over. they just want you to keep playing and playing, that's all it is. "oh, i main is geared, my alts are geared, time to not ever log on the game except for raids, thus making me want to end my sub."

they could've spent all of the time on these pointless scenarios and put it into new dungeons.

I don't see why they can't do what they just did with the scenarios, giving them a heroic version. Just make dungeons scale to 90 and then create heroic versions of those, that require you to create a group on your server.

So based on difficulty, it would go something like this: (easiest to hardest)

Scenarios -> Dungeons -> Heroic Scenarios -> Heroic Dungeons -> Challenge Modes

I like dungeons. They're smaller and faster than raids, but can still provide challenge and enjoyable encounters in a way that scenarios simply can't. And I guess I'm one of the people that actually enjoys doing that kind of stuff.

edit: To me scenarios are just an elegant solution to the problem of having group quests in the middle of a storyline the player is in (and thus not being able to easily complete said questline), and in that regard they have done an amazing job. Being able to immediately find a group for the scenario book ending the questline you're on is great, and they're fast with minor rewards. But I'm quite unhappy with the way that they're being treated as part of the Dungeons/Raids PvE content group while I personally feel that they're more of a beefed up extension of quest content.
    Last edited by RabidHexley; 2013-04-11 at 05:43 AM.

They should make a raid length 5 man dungeon to see if that will be popular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ray314 View Post
    They should make a raid length 5 man dungeon to see if that will be popular
    Sooo... Blackrock Spire and Blackrock Depths?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.