Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    i prefer scenerios anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Patch 4.2: THESE 5 MANS SUCK
    ... because they are every bit as hard as current tier raids but don't even drop gear that's as good as last tier's raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Patch 4.3: THESE 5 MANS SUCK
    ... because they are way easier than even the starter 5-mans for the current release but they drop gear that's as good as last tier's raids.

There we go... I added some context for you. It would have been nice if they had made an effort to understand why people were complaining instead of wildly swinging to extremes.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-06-02 at 08:04 AM.

3 ICC and patch 4.3 5 man heroics are well designed and tuned.
    They are good introduction to the last raid, and good catch up gears.

Sure, it only lasts for a few weeks, but $15 for 3 dungeons are not a bad deal for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you blizzard.

Deleted
    We have enough 5-Man dungeons I think?

Deleted
    We need more Senarios!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    They made only 6 dungeons for MOP.

Vanilla had tons, TBC had 16, WotLK had 15.

Utter laziness and failure on WoW dev team's part.

I don't regret unsubbing at all.

They don't produce content, they don't deserve to be paid my $180/year.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    They made only 6 dungeons for MOP.

Vanilla had tons, TBC had 16, WotLK had 15.

Utter laziness and failure on WoW dev team's part.

I don't regret unsubbing at all.

They don't produce content, they don't deserve to be paid my $180/year.
    how many scenarios did tbc or wotlk have? mop must have over 20 including the legendary questline, you can't just decide what you consider content, if you don't like the content they produce thats fine but just to ignore it is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    how many scenarios did tbc or wotlk have? mop must have over 20 including the legendary questline, you can't just decide what you consider content, if you don't like the content they produce thats fine but just to ignore it is bullshit.
    Scenarios are a new form of content that should have been put alongside the type of content that had served WoW well for nearly a decade. Imagine if McDonald's introduced a new line of sushiburgers and then later dropped beef from it's menu. Do you think people would still go there because they said "but we have fishburgers and that's food".

I don't consider scenarios to be acceptable content. I just did the new Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario, and that was completely laughable. We just ran around in different directions picking up boxes, then killed a giant Mogu. This has been my experience with scenarios, and they don't come close to providing what dungeons have traditionally provided. Even a short dungeon like Violet Hold was much more engaging than any scenario I've seen. Those 20 scenarios aren't worth 1 dungeon.

Scenarios are extremely easy so the current playerbase loves them. Its impossible to die during one unless you fall asleep. Sadly dungeons are too much effort, apparently...

I think one of the big mistakes of MOP has been abandoning the use of additional 5-mans with later patches -- but not as much as a gear-catchup device, but as a narrative one. Scenarios do some of that work, but I actually thought the ICC 5s and the Hour of Twilight 5s were just really engaging from an immersion standpoint.

Of course, "Halls of Reflection" holds a special place in memory. I can't remember a more dreaded loading screen in LFD history, because you had no idea what sort of ridiculous play you would get, especially back before they nerfed the first room trash (originally you could get spawns with 2 rogues or 2 priests). I also know I'm complaining about this like three years too late, but I knew it was going to be a bad run if the group felt like it would be impossible without hiding in a corner behind Falric or Marwyn. I always tanked it in the archway you enter from -- silences, CC's, etc. On the PTR the only group I did it with cleared it effortlessly tanking it from the Frostmourne dais in the center of the room. People really overcomplicate things sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good... they don't need to be wasting their time on stupid 5 mans... max level isn't about stupid dungeons unless you're gearing, but considering the fact we're a couple tier patches into the expansion... all we should be seeing from here is raids... which there aren't enough of. There should be 2 raids per patch, but blizzard doesn't care about the playerbase, which is why the don't pump out content.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Scenarios are extremely easy so the current playerbase loves them. Its impossible to die during one unless you fall asleep. Sadly dungeons are too much effort, apparently...
    Though I think the *idea* of scenarios is good - faster queues and faster content - they're ridiculously dull after you've been through them once. Even the timed events in the heroic ones are ponderously boring. I'm ok with scenarios being part of "main" content, but I will be very sad to see 5-mans continue to fade out.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Good... they don't need to be wasting their time on stupid 5 mans... max level isn't about stupid dungeons unless you're gearing, but considering the fact we're a couple tier patches into the expansion... all we should be seeing from here is raids... which there aren't enough of. There should be 2 raids per patch, but blizzard doesn't care about the playerbase, which is why the don't pump out content.
    You say this as though a five man isn't a fun way to spend some time in and of itself.

Scenarios are a replacement for old group quests. They are an instanced version of group quests. TBC and WOTLK had many group quests which were later taken out.