Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    jesus christ is blizzard retarded. its like they want us to hate this addon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Typical blizz. They could really build up the story for SoO but are too lazy.
    oh believe me they will do it much better in solo scenarios like in 5.2 (I did them on PTR, aren't unlocked yet). It's much much better way to tell the story then rush in with 4 other people who dosn't give a fuck about anything else then finish it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I would love new dungeons, but I also understand why they aren't adding them.
    They'd either have 463-gear and people would QQ and not run them or they would give epics and people would ignore 5.0 and 5.2-raids, which is the opposite of how they want the progression-path to be.
    Exactly, with the way things are they would either be useless or make earlier LFR useless.

Deleted
    Dungeons simply don't fit the current model. New 5-man would need to appeal the playerbase with reward at the same ilvl as 5.0 LFR gear. That would kill the 5.0 LFR.

The only way I see new dungeons appearing on the current model would be if their were challenge-mode only, with exclusive transmog gear and mounts. But it's a bit a waste of resources just for a small niche of the playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Dungeons simply don't fit the current model. New 5-man would need to appeal the playerbase with reward at the same ilvl as 5.0 LFR gear. That would kill the 5.0 LFR.

The only way I see new dungeons appearing on the current model would be if their were challenge-mode only, with exclusive transmog gear and mounts. But it's a bit a waste of resources just for a small niche of the playerbase.
    How do scenarios appeal that same playerbase? They don't. They could just make less scenarios and turn them into dungeons instead.
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2013-03-09 at 04:04 PM.

Aren't they adding the new dungeons in 5.3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessMil View Post
    How do scenarios appeal that same playerbase? They don't. They could just make less scenarios and turn them into dungeons instead.
    Scenarios are easier to build. All of them use already built ingame terrain and put some mechanics and no-needed to tune bosses.

It's all about reward. If the new dungeons don't have 5.0 LFR equal gear, players will not do them.

I...dare say I'm disappointed by the notion that there won't be a mount for me to endlessly farm a specific 5-man this expansion over.

On the other hand I still have nightmares about Cata-ZG raptor runs. So I guess this isn't the end of the world.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    Because a lot of people would rather run new dungeons as opposed to an island of MORE dailies and another that is just farming mobs for bones. I have always enjoyed the new dungeons even if I don't need gear.

I won't claim to unsub, but I only log on on raid night now.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    oh believe me they will do it much better in solo scenarios like in 5.2 (I did them on PTR, aren't unlocked yet). It's much much better way to tell the story then rush in with 4 other people who dosn't give a fuck about anything else then finish it asap.
    But they are SOLO. I play an MMO to play with people, and that isn't even an option with these. I will go play Farcry 3, Crysis 3 and tomb raider for solo play
    "Peace is a lie"

Personally I think they could add things like transmog gear, hell why not new dungeon sets? There are lots of way to add rewards to things without it being completely about making LFR obsolete.

Deleted
    I'm honestly glad that they didn't implement new 5man dungeons, I don't want it to be like in WotLK, where the newer 5man dungeons gave better loot than the older raid instances from the same expansion

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding new 5 mans would not be that good as some have said as what would you put in them for gear? The problem would be you couldn't put in higher level gear otherwise you would kill off folks desire for doing the 5.0 LFR's or 10/25 normal / heroic raids. And you would have to put something into them as incentive otherwise no one would run them if there was nothing for them as I don't see VP's being enough of an incentive as folks want something that makes their time in the 5 man worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Personally I think they could add things like transmog gear, hell why not new dungeon sets? There are lots of way to add rewards to things without it being completely about making LFR obsolete.
    Transmog sets are a good route to down if they remain committed to the LFR "catch-up" model. I think both Blizzard and a large amount of the playerbase are caught in a loop where everything has to shit epics to be worthwhile doing. I don't personally mind that no new dungeons are coming in 5.4 but overall the amount of dungeon content is painfully thin in this expansion for those who like to do that. It will be probably come down to that ole "resources" caveat Blizzard are fond of quoting.

By 5.4 with the current raiding model we will be doing lfr to gear for more lfr... makes no sense imo
    Last edited by Bowjobs; 2013-03-09 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Scenarios are easier to build. All of them use already built ingame terrain and put some mechanics and no-needed to tune bosses.

It's all about reward. If the new dungeons don't have 5.0 LFR equal gear, players will not do them.
    Tuning the bosses would probably take a bit more work, but they could just as well use existing terrain for instances too. Nevertheless, that wasn't my point. The point was that how dungeons would fit in, and in my opinion, if scenarios can, then so can dungeons.

It might be so that players won't be as interested in gear rewards if they aren't on the same level as LFR, but in my opinion they should still focus more on 5-man dungeons than scenarios because as group content they are superior. Instances have always been the a fundamental part of the game; healers, and to some extent, tanks, get to feel pretty worthless while doing scenarios since they are almost soloable. At the very least new dungeons would mean more variety to the daily heroic queue. And that's something that players -will- do due to the valor point reward.
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2013-03-09 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    By 5.4 with the current raiding model we will be doing lfr to gear for more lfr... makes no sense imo
    That's what this game has always been about. Doing the same content over and over for better gear. Now that their is an actual progression to the casual content as well as the gear path. Before LFR the "casuals" were running dungeons to get gear to run more dungeons. Nothing new there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    just like we're doing raids to get gear for next raid.
    Your first day in WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kozyx View Post
    I'm honestly glad that they didn't implement new 5man dungeons, I don't want it to be like in WotLK, where the newer 5man dungeons gave better loot than the older raid instances from the same expansion
    But now you get loot easier from LFR. You can get lots of coins and gear up in a week. What if those dungeons would drop the same gear as LFR? What would be the difference? You would at least have more content.

If they put their time into other content instead, I love this proposal. 5 mans are my least favorite partof the game, since Vanilla.
    If it helps get rid of rabid, foul-mouthed forum posters who show up in quotes even when you ignore them, I'll give a double cheer.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Well, its not really THAT bad news, you know. Lets face truth: dungeons since Big Cata Nerf equals shit. What is the reason to waste money and devs time on releasing shit which main purpose will be mindless zergfest for zombified-press-aoe-and-go-afk-and-need-everything-in-process random lfd runners?
    IMO, I'd like better if they add more old dungeons into Challenge modes. Challenge modes nowadays stand for what dungeons back in good old days were. And MoP ones are really not that good in terms of challenge design and things, basically they share the pattern of thrash packs uberness and boss shittyness, while I'd love to have something like Cata-v4.0 5 ppl dungeons for Challenge modes. Or maybe BC ones (oh, sweet Mechanar and Shattered Halls!).
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-03-09 at 04:49 PM.