Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ICC would have been much better if they had incorporated the 5 mans into the actual raid. At least then it would have been more interesting to look at.

I don't really care for 5 mans at all at this point. I get to 90 and have a blast doing them for the first couple weeks, at that point they just become part of a daily routine in getting VP. This expansion they just removed the need to do 5 mans for VP and expanded it to like several different things. You can do rare spawns for VP, dailies for VP, scenarios for VP, LFR for VP or you can just stick with dungeons for VP.

Just because scenarios and dailies are unattractive to you and they offer VP doesn't mean they are more efficient to do. The daily heroic is worth like 16 quests of dailies, meaning you can easily do a heroic before someone finishes that many quests.

I don't see the problem overall. I liked 5 mans being introduced but it felt awfully fucking awkward for old content to be suddenly obsolete by a couple new 5 mans being introduced. I think the current LFR approach, old charm, dailies, scenarios, dungeons and VP approach a way better way to get people up to snuff without getting rid of the previous tier. Previous tier is also easier and is an excellent source of gear/VP.

Launch scenarios were indeed shit but the new ones are actually quite good. From a story telling perspective they are better than any of the 5 mans I've ever done and I've been playing since launch.

Some might see it as lazy to omit 5 mans after launch but I just don't see it. This expansion has had way more content than any expansion I've seen at a rapid pace. In the first 6 months we got what:

-New scenarios
    -Krasarang completely fleshed out, with new story advances
    -Catch up mechanisms

-New 10/25 raid with 13 bosses
    -Two new world bosses
    -New scenarios
    -Rare spawns being added
    -Two new areas for different purposes

I liked Firelands in Cataclysm and I thought that patch was pretty good but really in the 6 months leading up to the Firelands patch we got redone 5 man instances (one of which barely got touched), Firelands (which was only 7 bosses) and Molten Front. This expansion we didn't get revamped heroics in that time but we got plenty of scenarios, many more game play additions, a much larger raid and just new land to actually play with. It's a world of difference.

If 5 man development time takes away from all of the things listed above than to me at least.. it hurts the game. Taking old dungeons is probably a decent approach if done well. Zul'gurub was a good example, Zul'aman wasn't.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-03-10 at 12:50 AM.

New 5 mans serve NO purpose with LFR in the game. LFR is the way to new gear. Scenarios will be there new storytelling method (DS/ICC 5 mans were GREAT the first time, having to queue for them 100 times on 8 different toons, was not great, it was terrible.)

They will improve scenarios to become the new story telling method of raid patches, and dungeons will be introduced occassionally where they make sense as Blizzard sees them.

Though really, I'm confused, who unsubs due to no dungeons? Do you only sub for a month and then unsub between patches? Because if that's the case, we here and Blizzard does not care for your 3/12 month a year subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    New 5 mans serve NO purpose with LFR in the game. LFR is the way to new gear. Scenarios will be there new storytelling method (DS/ICC 5 mans were GREAT the first time, having to queue for them 100 times on 8 different toons, was not great, it was terrible.)

They will improve scenarios to become the new story telling method of raid patches, and dungeons will be introduced occassionally where they make sense as Blizzard sees them.

Though really, I'm confused, who unsubs due to no dungeons? Do you only sub for a month and then unsub between patches? Because if that's the case, we here and Blizzard does not care for your 3/12 month a year subscription.
    I would be more likely to sub if I got some reward out of the game, the reward that I used to get out of dungeons. Now my progress will be SEVERLY gated by shitty lfr que once a fucking week. If Blizzard doesn't care for my sub (and I don't think that's the case at all) then they better be prepared to lose alot more. This game is going down the fucking tubes and it's all to cater to a minority of you people.

New 5 mans serve NO purpose with LFR in the game. LFR is the way to new gear.
    Unless I heard differently, you can't exactly farm LFR gear..

Deleted
    im sad, they could have showed some nice lore in dungeons, guess we will get that with scenarios im glad that the gearing cycle will be more like TBC..

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Unless I heard differently, you can't exactly farm LFR gear..
    You aren't supposed to be able to gear up in an afternoon. It is supposed to be a process that takes time.

@McCoy: What was fun about spamming the new 2-3 dungeons until you were "dungeon BiS?"

You can still get valor and get gear, you can do LFR, the new reputation offers gear.

You aren't supposed to be able to gear up in an afternoon. It is supposed to be a process that takes time.

@McCoy: What was fun about spamming the new 2-3 dungeons until you were "dungeon BiS?"

You can still get valor and get gear, you can do LFR, the new reputation offers gear.
    Valor which you can't spend without the fucking rep in whatever fashion you get it. And Gear which is quickly exhausted as potential reward leaving you NO REASON to run dungeons. I do LFR once a week and that's it. That's my fucking week. Unless I suck it the fuck up and do their fucking god damned FORCED FORCED daily quests. I want to gear up in an a couple days. It was never an afternoon, that's only for you people who can't control yourselves or who got EXTREMELY lucky. And if that's the case then I want to gear up in an afternoon. I don't give a fuck. The process that was supposed to take time was to RAID GEAR. Well I want fucking gear from the dungeons that's raid equivalent. Or at least currency to spend that will get me raid equivalent gear. It wont be the best gear and it won't be set gear and their will be a cap but it's FAR FAR FAR FAR AFAR FAR FUCKING BETTER than what you get now. I want cata or wrath back. Not this fucking mists bullshit.

But LFR has like no similarity to dungeon concept. You run LFR once a week, so it's hardly farmable, it's a boring shitfest (arguably post 4.1 dungeons are too but that's beside the point) and it severely and artificially extends your gearing up time, assuming you don't want to drown in mind-numbing dailies.

Says who? If a person wants to take their time gearing up, they can go through the hell that's LFR. If they want to catch up quickly and play with their friends/experience the new content ASAP, they should be able to do 5 mans for easy access.

Gotta love people telling me what I'm supposed to do and like. The official forums are fast becoming a much better place than here.

Spamming new dungeons was a lot more fun than dailies and LFR that's for sure. Not the new kinda dungeons, mind you, but the ones that weren't made with your average farmville player in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    Spamming new dungeons was a lot more fun than dailies and LFR that's for sure. Not the new kinda dungeons, mind you, but the ones that weren't made with your average farmville player in mind.
    They've basically abandoned the content and play style that we've done for years. I am livid about this. Like I thought they couldn't do anything more to piss me off after the daily fiasco and hidding behind the community but this just topped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Valor which you can't spend without the fucking rep in whatever fashion you get it. And Gear which is quickly exhausted as potential reward leaving you NO REASON to run dungeons. I do LFR once a week and that's it. That's my fucking week. Unless I suck it the fuck up and do their fucking god damned FORCED FORCED daily quests. I want to gear up in an a couple days. It was never an afternoon, that's only for you people who can't control yourselves or who got EXTREMELY lucky. And if that's the case then I want to gear up in an afternoon. I don't give a fuck. The process that was supposed to take time was to RAID GEAR. Well I want fucking gear from the dungeons that's raid equivalent. Or at least currency to spend that will get me raid equivalent gear. It wont be the best gear and it won't be set gear and their will be a cap but it's FAR FAR FAR FAR AFAR FAR FUCKING BETTER than what you get now. I want cata or wrath back. Not this fucking mists bullshit.
    I'm still really confused. If you didn't have LFR and instead were back to Wrath/Cata, you would be geared up in a couple days with dungeons....and then what? You can now get rep through dungeons/Scenarios (once a day, but it's an option now). I'm confused as to how them adding more things to do, turns into them adding less things to do.

Wrath/Cata: Run dungeons, get Emblems/VP, get previous tier ilvl gear, done in a few days > Run new dungeons, done in a few days > ETC
    MoP: Run dungeons > Run LFR , done in a couple months > Run new LFR, done in a couple months > ETC

I'm still really confused. If you didn't have LFR and instead were back to Wrath/Cata, you would be geared up in a couple days with dungeons....and then what? You can now get rep through dungeons/Scenarios (once a day, but it's an option now). I'm confused as to how them adding more things to do, turns into them adding less things to do.

Wrath/Cata: Run dungeons, get Emblems/VP, get previous tier ilvl gear, done in a few days > Run new dungeons, done in a few days > ETC
    MoP: Run dungeons > Run LFR , done in a couple months > Run new LFR, done in a couple months > ETC
    Then I'd usually run a pug run, which doesn't happen anymore in mists I noticed. Back in those days I had more time to raid, time that I really don't now. They haven't added more thigns to do, they just divided the amount to do up into smaller and smaller chunks and increased the amount of time it takes you to do it in. They haven't actually added more, their just parcelling it out to you different.

MOP: Run dungeons (finish in two days)> Run lfr DONE IN ACOUPLE OF MONTHS if your lucky > run new lfr DONE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS IF YOUR LUCKY >Etc

The point is that it takes you a couple of months to be finished. It means potentially you could be doing the same content for 3 or 4 months WITHTOUT GETTING ANY FUCKING REWARD OUT OF IT. It means your play time is severely less rewarding than it was in the past because BLizzard refuses to actually ADD THE CONTENT THAT PEOPLE WANT AT FASTER RATE. What were left with is severly gated progress (unless you swallow their daily questing bullshit or scenarios) and very little left for players to do IMMEDIATELY. I'll do my lfr ques once a week and then stand around doing nothing. That happened in cata but not till the end of the patch cycle usually and when it did I just switched to alts. Now I stand around doing nothing at the beginning of patch cycles and don't want to even think about an alt. It's really fucking horse shit.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 01:33 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've basically abandoned the content and play style that we've done for years. I am livid about this. Like I thought they couldn't do anything more to piss me off after the daily fiasco and hidding behind the community but this just topped it.
    So your mad that they are not doing anymore dungeons in 5.4.. Then may I ask if they did add new dungeons what do you put in them that is meaningful to the player to do them other than VP's that does not destroy the last tiers raid gear (and putting in crappy transmog stuff will not satisfy everyone ..) Or have you forgotten about what they did in Cata in that regard..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-03-10 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    So your mad that they are not doing anymore dungeons in 5.4.. Then may I ask if they did add new dungeons what do you put in them that is meaningful to the player to do them other than VP's that does not destroy the last tiers raid gear (and putting in crappy transmog stuff will not satisfy everyone ..) Or have you forgotten about what they did in Cata in that regard..
    Oh I haven't forgotten I just don't think it's a problem. It's a problem for a tiny TINY TINY minority of players who get their validation out of lording over every body else with their gear but frankly I would argue that playstyle is insupportable. It's a problem for Blizzard because they tend to view it as wasted resources but in reality the opposite is true. Stretching it out only makes it wasted. It's okay if you don't go back and do the old raids, I never understood why that was a problem. Time moves on. The raids get old. It's a sad fuckign fact but their it is. UNless you develop a time machine the raids will always get invalidated at some point. Deny this or trying to stretch it out is foolish. What they need to do is just accept it.

So you've spent all of your posts in here whining about how you don't get free epics that are "raid equivalent"? Maybe that's because you have to EARN the raid epics by pugging, joining a guild and running with them, etc. They're not just going to hand out epics again by letting you run 5-mans and think you're just as good as someone that raids on a regular basis. That would defeat the purpose of raiding if we all could just run 5-mans and get almost the same gear. Have you ever actually done the dailies? They don't take that long (unless you try to be a tard) if you do one set at a time.

If anyone cares to remember in cata and wrath people complained about new dungeons making running the previous tier useless since all the gear was just as good as the raid. People asked for a more tier progression so that the raids stay useful in the long run

Then I'd usually run a pug run, which doesn't happen anymore in mists I noticed. Back in those days I had more time to raid, time that I really don't now. They haven't added more thigns to do, they just divided the amount to do up into smaller and smaller chunks and increased the amount of time it takes you to do it in. They haven't actually added more, their just parcelling it out to you different.

MOP: Run dungeons (finish in two days)> Run lfr DONE IN ACOUPLE OF MONTHS if your lucky > run new lfr DONE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS IF YOUR LUCKY >Etc

The point is that it takes you a couple of months to be finished. It means potentially you could be doing the same content for 3 or 4 months WITHTOUT GETTING ANY FUCKING REWARD OUT OF IT. It means your play time is severely less rewarding than it was in the past because BLizzard refuses to actually ADD THE CONTENT THAT PEOPLE WANT AT FASTER RATE.

They refuse to add the content YOU want at a faster rate. You say that they haven't added anything new which is just a complete lie. They may not have added anything new for you personally, but you aren't the only one that plays (and not everyone agrees with you).

The game has always been meant to take a couple months to be finished, you aren't supposed to sit down, play for a couple days, be done, and unsub. From a business stand point, it's obvious why they wouldn't, from a community stand point, it adds more people doing more things, which means you are interacting more with guildies and others and bring us closer to the Classic/BC atmosphere.

Also, you are getting a reward, the reward is the gear. If you get NO upgrades in 2 months, you are an unlucky person and I hope that Blizzard fixes things so this becomes impossible.

@Syraen, I totally disagree. I hated the HoT dungeons, they were boring and only having three options on top of running them several times a day, is not my idea of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Scenarios.
    Scenarios plain suck. Dungeons were nice, they added new achievments, new mounts and other stuff one could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    So you've spent all of your posts in here whining about how you don't get free epics that are "raid equivalent"? Maybe that's because you have to EARN the raid epics by pugging, joining a guild and running with them, etc. They're not just going to hand out epics again by letting you run 5-mans and think you're just as good as someone that raids on a regular basis. That would defeat the purpose of raiding if we all could just run 5-mans and get almost the same gear. Have you ever actually done the dailies? They don't take that long (unless you try to be a tard) if you do one set at a time.
    Pugging rarely happens in mists. I've done the dailies and hated every minute of it. I will not be doing them again. I mean if you want to call it gear handed to me, then that's what I want. I prefer to think of it as my time is rewarded well but you can think whatever the fuck you like.