Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This game is all about gears.

Blizzard finally realized it and made 5 tiers in 1 patch. Overkill?

A 5-player will make 6 tiers !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually even the normal runs are gated in that sense. It's still RNG, and RNG is potentially a massive gate.

The answer is always what I have to do, not that Blizzards designs are bad or hurt players or are inflexible. Well I don't accept that. They can do better. I can't run normals. Can't commit to a particular raid schedule and the ones I could apply to all reject me for lack of daily gear. OH SHIT. Look at that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:07 PM ----------

I was shocked when I saw that necklace. It's one reward though and it isn't enough to be honest. Considering how fucking long it's gonna take me to get any rep with these guys, yea it's not enough. Also considering how long it takes me to cap valor. Nothing in this game is rewarding enough.
    Man, you must have hated classic and BC.

Pugging rarely happens in mists. I've done the dailies and hated every minute of it. I will not be doing them again. I mean if you want to call it gear handed to me, then that's what I want. I prefer to think of it as my time is rewarded well but you can think whatever the fuck you like.
    Pugs happen all the time, and since you can cross realm raid, you should head over to openraid.us and do some HoF/MSV/ToES pugs, that will get you some nice shinies.

If you want the same gear for doing an easy task (dungeons) as you get from a harder task (raids) then this isn't the game for you and you should stop bitching all over MMO-Champion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    They refuse to add the content YOU want at a faster rate. You say that they haven't added anything new which is just a complete lie. They may not have added anything new for you personally, but you aren't the only one that plays (and not everyone agrees with you).

The game has always been meant to take a couple months to be finished, you aren't supposed to sit down, play for a couple days, be done, and unsub. From a business stand point, it's obvious why they wouldn't, from a community stand point, it adds more people doing more things, which means you are interacting more with guildies and others and bring us closer to the Classic/BC atmosphere.

Also, you are getting a reward, the reward is the gear. If you get NO upgrades in 2 months, you are an unlucky person and I hope that Blizzard fixes things so this becomes impossible.

@Syraen, I totally disagree. I hated the HoT dungeons, they were boring and only having three options on top of running them several times a day, is not my idea of fun.
    No they REFUSE to add content EVERYONE WANTED at a faster rate or nearly everyone. NOBODY or next to nnbody did these fuckign dailies in the past. Yet SOMEHOW blizzard magically realized this was what everybody fucking wanted in mists. It's magic. People were asking Blizzard for more content they weren't doing.

This game was always progressively getting more and more frinedly for casuals and more and more progressive in terms of gates and or grinds. It's what made the game an initial success and over the years a continued success. From a business stand point it's obvious that they won't do it because it requires further investment in a dying game, from a community stand point they'll just keep loosing more and more players who will continue to spread the word about what a shitty experience this game is. It doesn't actually give the classic or bc atmosphere. Dailies are a holllow shell of that. They don't capture the essence. WHen you run dailies for the most part your just runnnig dailies. Youa ren't stopping tospell the roses or be immersed. In fact in my opinion they rob you of all immersion. It's the shadow but not the substance. it's people being proded out of sw/org to finish dailies and then afking in two moons. NOthing has changed in that regard.

Also I am not getting reward at a pace I like. In some cases I'm not getting reward period. I often ask myself whats the point in doing anything in this game anymore? NOTHING REWARDS YOU ENOUGH OR EVEN GUARANTEES YOU A REWARD ANYMORE.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:54 AM ----------

Pugs happen all the time, and since you can cross realm raid, you should head over to openraid.us and do some HoF/MSV/ToES pugs, that will get you some nice shinies.

If you want the same gear for doing an easy task (dungeons) as you get from a harder task (raids) then this isn't the game for you and you should stop bitching all over MMO-Champion about it.
    No iit doesn't, especially with the tuning of the intial 5.0 raids and especially not compared to what it was in ICC. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen in a flexibile sense. Meaning I can just hop on and expect to see a pug raid. It's a rarity and cataclysm basically killed it off.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    No I didn't. But that was a different time. The game has changed, it's moved on from then. I don't know why the fan base and the developers is so intent on pushing to reclaim what they can't reclaim. It's not gonna hppen and forced daily quests don't make this game feel anymore clasic or bc like. Neither do forced grinds. It's a shadow and attemping to put substance in it is a collosal failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I never thought I'd see an expansion with no new five mans. I really hope this isn't true; 5 mans are the most enjoyable content to me. Trading 5 mans for scenarios is just an awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Ho ho ho I see what you did. Good observation as well.

Scenarios are an abomination even above LFR.
    There is no responsibility, no learning, no skill, no enjoyment in running them.
    LFR is a pile of shit and worthless at teaching people to understand and play their class.
    The only think worthwhile are the 5 mans which hold people somewhat responsible to playing their class/role.
    Where are the raiders of tomorrow's expansion supposed to come from. Certainly not from the brain-dead non-specific character's Blizzard is cramming down our throats.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I haven't forgotten I just don't think it's a problem. It's a problem for a tiny TINY TINY minority of players who get their validation out of lording over every body else with their gear but frankly I would argue that playstyle is insupportable. It's a problem for Blizzard because they tend to view it as wasted resources but in reality the opposite is true. Stretching it out only makes it wasted. It's okay if you don't go back and do the old raids, I never understood why that was a problem. Time moves on. The raids get old. It's a sad fuckign fact but their it is. UNless you develop a time machine the raids will always get invalidated at some point. Deny this or trying to stretch it out is foolish. What they need to do is just accept it.
    Yes trying to stretch it out like they are doing is not the best thing and they look set to repeat in a way the mistakes they made in Cata all over again but from a different angle.. What this looks like is that they may be running out of idea's after all the game is 8 years old and that if they bring back something they did before then the community QQ's like mad citing rehashed content..

What can they do to fix this I don't know, I am not sure the community knows and when it comes down to it I don't think Blizz themselves know. The World of Dailycraft was probably not the best of idea's but we have been lumbered with it. The premise of gating seemed a good idea but was implemented in a way that has pissed a lot off.. And with the upcoming patch not having dungeons I can sort of live with it, it is not like I need them but only for VP's as the state of idiocy of players in the current LFR's makes me spam scenarios and dungeons to meet my VP cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Storytelling?

Storytelling in 5 mans? LMAO 5 mans are "GO GO GO I want to get this over with, I got better things to do" nobody pays attention to the storytelling in 5 mans.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    There is no responsibility, no learning, no skill, no enjoyment in running them.
    LFR is a pile of shit and worthless at teaching people to understand and play their class.
    The only think worthwhile are the 5 mans which hold people somewhat responsible to playing their class/role.
    Where are the raiders of tomorrow's expansion supposed to come from. Certainly not from the brain-dead non-specific character's Blizzard is cramming down our throats.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah cuz DPS that pull and the other rabble in 5 mans are WONDERFUL examples of "Raiders of tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    If people want to get better they will nothing blizzard can do to make them play better.

No they REFUSE to add content EVERYONE WANTED at a faster rate or nearly everyone. NOBODY or next to nnbody did these fuckign dailies in the past. Yet SOMEHOW blizzard magically realized this was what everybody fucking wanted in mists. It's magic. People were asking Blizzard for more content they weren't doing.

This game was always progressively getting more and more frinedly for casuals and more and more progressive in terms of gates and or grinds. It's what made the game an initial success and over the years a continued success. From a business stand point it's obvious that they won't do it because it requires further investment in a dying game, from a community stand point they'll just keep loosing more and more players who will continue to spread the word about what a shitty experience this game is. It doesn't actually give the classic or bc atmosphere. Dailies are a holllow shell of that. They don't capture the essence. WHen you run dailies for the most part your just runnnig dailies. Youa ren't stopping tospell the roses or be immersed. In fact in my opinion they rob you of all immersion. It's the shadow but not the substance. it's people being proded out of sw/org to finish dailies and then afking in two moons. NOthing has changed in that regard.

Also I am not getting reward at a pace I like. In some cases I'm not getting reward period. I often ask myself whats the point in doing anything in this game anymore? NOTHING REWARDS YOU ENOUGH OR EVEN GUARANTEES YOU A REWARD ANYMORE.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:54 AM ----------

No iit doesn't, especially with the tuning of the intial 5.0 raids and especially not compared to what it was in ICC. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't happen in a flexibile sense. Meaning I can just hop on and expect to see a pug raid. It's a rarity and cataclysm basically killed it off.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:55 AM ----------

No I didn't. But that was a different time. The game has changed, it's moved on from then. I don't know why the fan base and the developers is so intent on pushing to reclaim what they can't reclaim. It's not gonna hppen and forced daily quests don't make this game feel anymore clasic or bc like. Neither do forced grinds. It's a shadow and attemping to put substance in it is a collosal failure.
    You spent a lot of time bitching about dailies instead of actually saying anything worth a damn. Saying that EVERYONE agrees with what you are saying doesn't mean anything. I enjoyed the Klaxxi and Dominance dailies, I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2. I am sorry you aren't, but just because you don't doesn't mean that others can't.

In terms of putting out more content, they are putting it out fairly fast, they are never going to put it out content as fast as we players want it, but that's not something that is their fault, they can't just hire more people to fix the problem (too many cooks spoils)

I'm not sure what dungeons add to the game still. You say you like them, but have only said because you used to be able to get really good gear with minimal effort, which is something they are moving away from. Again, if you don't like putting in the same effort as everyone else to get the rewards they get, time to find a game that allows that.

You spent a lot of time bitching about dailies instead of actually saying anything worth a damn. Saying that EVERYONE agrees with what you are saying doesn't mean anything. I enjoyed the Klaxxi and Dominance dailies, I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2. I am sorry you aren't, but just because you don't doesn't mean that others can't.

In terms of putting out more content, they are putting it out fairly fast, they are never going to put it out content as fast as we players want it, but that's not something that is their fault, they can't just hire more people to fix the problem (too many cooks spoils)

I'm not sure what dungeons add to the game still. You say you like them, but have only said because you used to be able to get really good gear with minimal effort, which is something they are moving away from. Again, if you don't like putting in the same effort as everyone else to get the rewards they get, time to find a game that allows that.
    I didn't say everyone agreed to me. I just pointed out that NOBODY DID THE FUCKING DAILIES IN THE PAST (or next to nobody) so how could that be the content they were asking for in mists? I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2 as well because they don't have any gear worth it so I'm not doing them. In other words they are less "forced" or less "compelling" in BLizzard parlance.

They could just hire more people. Cooks aren't the only people in a kitchen, they would just need to hire more sous chefs.

Dungeons currently add nothing to the game but that's only because the developers aren't supporting them as a playstyle anymore. If they supported them as aplay style they would add alot to the game but theirs a potential that dailies would be less "compelling" in other words "forced" and then they could stop adding dailies in.

Ultimately the only solution I ever get from this community is to leave. Never an agreement that things need work. Nevber an agreement that the game is the one with the problem. Only the answer if you don't like it then GTFO. We'll this community was telling it's fellow players that in cataclysm and people left in droves. If that's what you want to do in mists then people will and are leaving in droves. Keep it up. It just means come next expansion they'll abandon whatever it is you like to do in favor of something else and then you'll be on this side of the fence being told to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm growing bored of your constant complaining about the state of WoW, gtfo if all you do is cry.

And dungeons are supposed to be left behind, they are a roadsign, nothing more. Once you get enough gear from them to run LFR, they become obsolete, and it's meant to be this way.
    I disagree. Even though i was in T6 in BC, the dungeons were still challenging when running with randoms from trade. I enjoyed running them because they were very challenging and fun. They really need to return to that model. Not the shit 5 mans we have had since wrath. The idea of challenge modes seems boring, i miss the long time consuming dungeon crawls that we had in BC and Vanilla.

I didn't say everyone agreed to me. I just pointed out that NOBODY DID THE FUCKING DAILIES IN THE PAST (or next to nobody) so how could that be the content they were asking for in mists? I'm enjoying the new ones in 5.2 as well because they don't have any gear worth it so I'm not doing them. In other words they are less "forced" or less "compelling" in BLizzard parlance.

They could just hire more people. Cooks aren't the only people in a kitchen, they would just need to hire more sous chefs.

Dungeons currently add nothing to the game but that's only because the developers aren't supporting them as a playstyle anymore. If they supported them as aplay style they would add alot to the game but theirs a potential that dailies would be less "compelling" in other words "forced" and then they could stop adding dailies in.

Ultimately the only solution I ever get from this community is to leave. Never an agreement that things need work. Nevber an agreement that the game is the one with the problem. Only the answer if you don't like it then GTFO. We'll this community was telling it's fellow players that in cataclysm and people left in droves. If that's what you want to do in mists then people will and are leaving in droves. Keep it up. It just means come next expansion they'll abandon whatever it is you like to do in favor of something else and then you'll be on this side of the fence being told to move on.
    I believe they should add more 5 mans. But the way you ATTACK Blizzard instead of listing valid reasons is why I'm arguing with you. Others in this thread have made compelling arguments for the addition of new 5 mans, you have acted like you are OWED new 5 mans and OWED gear. I don't like your attitude and disagree with your reasons.

You are a self-entitlted person and while I hope they add in new five mans, I still suggest you quit because you act like a spoiled brat, not because you want 5 mans.

5 mans are simply a better environment, i dont see why you wouldnt have some later on in the expansion

I believe they should add more 5 mans. But the way you ATTACK Blizzard instead of listing valid reasons is why I'm arguing with you. Others in this thread have made compelling arguments for the addition of new 5 mans, you have acted like you are OWED new 5 mans and OWED gear. I don't like your attitude and disagree with your reasons.

You are a self-entitlted person and while I hope they add in new five mans, I still suggest you quit because you act like a spoiled brat, not because you want 5 mans.
    Their is no valid reasons for them to do it. That's the whole fucking point. They don't serve any use because Blizzard has made them not serve any use. They aren't supporting that play style anymore. My time should be rewarded. PERIOD. So yes if you consider me saying that my time invested in the game should be rewarded as saying I am "owed" the gear then I am owed the fucking gear. That's your distinction. Not mine.

This is cataclysm 2.0 folks. You have any complaint. You dislike something. You are automatically self entitled and should quit the game. Well keep telling players that. They'll keep leaving in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm growing bored of your constant complaining about the state of WoW, gtfo if all you do is cry.

And dungeons are supposed to be left behind, they are a roadsign, nothing more. Once you get enough gear from them to run LFR, they become obsolete, and it's meant to be this way.
    So all of those players who enjoyed five mans for over eight years can just go fuck themselves and quit because you think raids are the only thing that maters in this game? A lot of players enjoy five mans from nonraiders to raiders, and many players have wanted more even in Cata. Have you seen threads asking Blizzard to stop making five mans and completely toss them to the side because I have not. Not everyone enjoys the gameplay of raids or even LFR for that mater.

Even when I was progressing in T6 in BC I still ran five mans on the side because they was fun. They allowed a more close nit experience with friends and other members of the community. It was nice meeting new players and even potentially a new recruit.

You have made it clear that you do not like dungeons. Fine just stop telling others that they should GTFO and quit because they enjoy five man content.
    My time should be rewarded. PERIOD.
    Which was the justification that developers gave for giving soloists raid level rewards in an MMO. BS when players who do not want to work with others are given better rewards than those who work with others in an MMO. There is no gear progression requirements in the dailies scene and yet somehow are justified for raid level gear while those who do group based content do not. It is just silly and against the so called effort to reward ratio that Blizzard talks about. Than again Challenge mode just shows how much BS that is coming out of their mouth.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-03-10 at 03:14 AM.

Their is no valid reasons for them to do it. That's the whole fucking point. They don't serve any use because Blizzard has made them not serve any use. They aren't supporting that play style anymore. My time should be rewarded. PERIOD. So yes if you consider me saying that my time invested in the game should be rewarded as saying I am "owed" the gear then I am owed the fucking gear. That's your distinction. Not mine.

This is cataclysm 2.0 folks. You have any complaint. You dislike something. You are automatically self entitled and should quit the game. Well keep telling players that. They'll keep leaving in droves.
    No, YOU are self-entitled and should quit the game. The guy above you that said "5 mans are simply a better environment, i don't see why you wouldn't have some later on in the expansion" has an opinionated point, but that CAN be true. Therefore, it's a valid reason for wanting 5 man content. He shouldn't quit, he seems like a good guy and isn't afraid of anything.

No, YOU are self-entitled and should quit the game. The guy above you that said "5 mans are simply a better environment, i don't see why you wouldn't have some later on in the expansion" has an opinionated point, but that CAN be true. Therefore, it's a valid reason for wanting 5 man content. He shouldn't quit, he seems like a good guy and isn't afraid of anything.
    Okay then put 5 mans in for that. I really don't care. The simple fact is that they aren't supporting the playstyle that many of us over the years loved and you can call me self entitled all you want it doesn't change the fact. Instead of calling for some moderation and BLizzard to relook at what it's doing you'd rather turn on your fellow players. Cataclysm 2.0 folks. Replace hard dungeons with more grind and that's where your at.

It's a fucking label you can apply so you can dismiss my criticism. That's fine I understand you need that but it doesn't make it true. You can label me as that but I don't have to accept it and I don't. What I want is to be rewarded for my time NOT BE SUBJECT TO RNG or do fucking dailies. The game doesn't reward me for the time I invest and no activity in the game feels rewarding enough. YOu consider that self entitled, I don't. that's just something you throw around to dismiss people with criticism.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 03:13 AM.

Okay then put 5 mans in for that. I really don't care. The simple fact is that they aren't supporting the playstyle that many of us over the years loved and you can call me self entitled all you want it doesn't change the fact. Instead of calling for some moderation and BLizzard to relook at what it's doing you'd rather turn on your fellow players. Cataclysm 2.0 folks. Replace hard dungeons with more grind and that's where your at.
    Holy crap you just like to whine. I'm agreeing with your point, and you still whine, you honestly can't see that people just disagree with you because you act like a child when you don't get your way.

If you want Blizzard to change an opinion then post on the official forums. Hell, if I see a post that is talking about 5 mans, I'll post my support. This is a community site, I think you are a shitty member of the community, therefore I want you gone, has nothing to do with your "Standing up to the man (Blizzard)." It has to do the fact with your a crappy person, who immediately blames everyone else (Crying that we are turning on you).

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:21 PM ----------

It's a fucking label you can apply so you can dismiss my criticism. That's fine I understand you need that but it doesn't make it true. You can label me as that but I don't have to accept it and I don't. What I want is to be rewarded for my time NOT BE SUBJECT TO RNG or do fucking dailies. The game doesn't reward me for the time I invest and no activity in the game feels rewarding enough. YOu consider that self entitled, I don't. that's just something you throw around to dismiss people with criticism.
    I'm not dismissing the criticism. It's valid, the way your present it is not, and if I worked for Blizzard I would ignore you. My label applies, no one wants to accept the bad things people say about them, but that doesn't make them less true.

You get rewarded, valor/JP/Blues, you don't get everything in the game from doing one aspect. If you want to progress your character, you have to do things that progress. Hopefully they will add new dungeons, but just because you feel you deserve more for doing dungeons doesn't make you right.