Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Holy crap you just like to whine. I'm agreeing with your point, and you still whine, you honestly can't see that people just disagree with you because you act like a child when you don't get your way.

If you want Blizzard to change an opinion then post on the official forums. Hell, if I see a post that is talking about 5 mans, I'll post my support. This is a community site, I think you are a shitty member of the community, therefore I want you gone, has nothing to do with your "Standing up to the man (Blizzard)." It has to do the fact with your a crappy person, who immediately blames everyone else (Crying that we are turning on you).

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:21 PM ----------

I'm not dismissing the criticism. It's valid, the way your present it is not, and if I worked for Blizzard I would ignore you. My label applies, no one wants to accept the bad things people say about them, but that doesn't make them less true.

You get rewarded, valor/JP/Blues, you don't get everything in the game from doing one aspect. If you want to progress your character, you have to do things that progress. Hopefully they will add new dungeons, but just because you feel you deserve more for doing dungeons doesn't make you right.

You are absolutely dismissing my criticism. You label it behind the label "self entitled" but that's not what it is at all. You don't get rewarded ENOUGH. In fact that's precisely the fucking point. Valor is worthless without the dailes or the rep from whatever source. JP is also likewise worthless. Blues are exhausted in days. If I so choose to have everything from one aspect of the game then that's CHOICE. In fact you can do exactly that with dailies. You don't need to run dungeons at all in fact, you can get EVERYTHING OUT OF FUCKIGN DAILIES. Valor, gear, charms, everything except JP which is fucking WORTHLESS. YOu can still do your fucking dailies and I promise I won't come on forums and bother you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    You are absolutely dismissing my criticism. You label it behind the label "self entitled" but that's not what it is at all. You don't get rewarded ENOUGH. In fact that's precisely the fucking point. Valor is worthless without the dailes or the rep from whatever source. JP is also likewise worthless. Blues are exhausted in days. If I so choose to have everything from one aspect of the game then that's CHOICE. In fact you can do exactly that with dailies. You don't need to run dungeons at all in fact, you can get EVERYTHING OUT OF FUCKIGN DAILIES. Valor, gear, charms, everything except JP which is fucking WORTHLESS. YOu can still do your fucking dailies and I promise I won't come on forums and bother you about it.
    You can get rep through dungeons now. The only thing you can't get is elder charms, which I think they should add (Like 10 for the daily and 5 for everyone after).

But, I've said you have valid criticsms, wanting more rewards is one of them, they added rep, if they added charms I think they would be in a good spot so people who don't like dailies would have a completely new option. HOWEVER, to ask for more than that, is asking for dungeons to become something that are over rewarding. They provide a way to get gear now with 5.2, they don't need to offer the best gear available because of their ease and how fast you can run them.

You can get rep through dungeons now. The only thing you can't get is elder charms, which I think they should add (Like 10 for the daily and 5 for everyone after).

But, I've said you have valid criticsms, wanting more rewards is one of them, they added rep, if they added charms I think they would be in a good spot so people who don't like dailies would have a completely new option. HOWEVER, to ask for more than that, is asking for dungeons to become something that are over rewarding. They provide a way to get gear now with 5.2, they don't need to offer the best gear available because of their ease and how fast you can run them.
    You can get ONE rep faction a day and they nerfed the piss out of it when it went to launch. Still not enough. They NEVER OFFERED THE BEST GEAR AVAILABLE. Are you people nuts? Even in free loot parade 4.3 they never offered the best gear avaiable. They could go back to 4.3 tmmrw and it still wouldn't be the best gear available. I'll sum this up as simple as I can.

Increase valor cap
    Increase valor gains (across the board including dailies)
    Remove the requirement from all valor gear
    Add charms as a potential drop from the last boss (not a guarantee)

You can get ONE rep faction a day and they nerfed the piss out of it when it went to launch. Still not enough. They NEVER OFFERED THE BEST GEAR AVAILABLE. Are you people nuts? Even in free loot parade 4.3 they never offered the best gear avaiable. They could go back to 4.3 tmmrw and it still wouldn't be the best gear available. I'll sum this up as simple as I can.

Increase valor cap
    Increase valor gains (across the board including dailies)
    Remove the requirement from all valor gear
    Add charms as a potential drop from the last boss (not a guarantee)
    I only disagree with the removal of ALL requirements, I think having the new stuff be behind the raid rep is good until 5.3 comes out. It keeps people from getting the best rewards right away. I think that all the old gear should never have been tied to rep or shouldn't have been tied to VP. I also think they should make it where you can get every rep faction daily from dungeons (each dungeon gives you one, so if you want to do five dungeons you can pick five reps.)

You are making valid points, your presentation however is absolutely horrible.

Deleted
    Their is no valid reasons for them to do it. That's the whole fucking point. They don't serve any use because Blizzard has made them not serve any use. They aren't supporting that play style anymore. My time should be rewarded. PERIOD. So yes if you consider me saying that my time invested in the game should be rewarded as saying I am "owed" the gear then I am owed the fucking gear. That's your distinction. Not mine.

This is cataclysm 2.0 folks. You have any complaint. You dislike something. You are automatically self entitled and should quit the game. Well keep telling players that. They'll keep leaving in droves.
    You! I remenber you ...in the mount... nvm

Wasnt your nick TonyIommi? I though u unsubbed because u werent getting loot fast enough. Well i see you are back at playing WoW and complaining at the same stuff over and over .. strange .. just leave the game already it wont change to meet your needs.

Originally Posted by TonyIommi
    " In mists in the first month I unsubbed because nothing was getting me anywhere and I wasn't progressing. LFR wasn't giving me shit. Dailies weren't giving me shit. I was getting to little valor and the cap was to low. Hell even the NPCS were telling me to go slow. Ultimately it was just frustrating.

In the end their is very little difference between being bored because you don't like what's available to you and being bored because you exhausted everything you liked doing. The latter is probably better. At least I had fun in that model."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Needed only in the sense of "something new". It would be nice to have something new to run while running 5-mans for Valor or for a new Challenge mode. Also for the same reason why scenarios are added but don't drop better gear. Lore, Story, Valor, Rep, something new to run while not in a 3 or Solo group.
    Well. A 5man dungeon is new for what? 1-2 runs. And after that they are the same boring HC as the old ones. I am happy to hear there wont be anymore 5mans in this expansion.

Seems like Blizz is slowly trying to shift the game away from traditional group setups. Maybe that big announcement that talked about will be the removal of the trinity in favor of even more pug friendly gw2 type system. Turn scenarios into tankless zergfests and get rid of dungeons all together. Same with LFR.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

You are making valid points, your presentation however is absolutely horrible.
    This is true too.

I'll wait for them to say something officially. No site has this posted (as of now).

Anyway, this thread kinda went to hell. Things wouldn't get so heated if everyone just acted like a mature person.

__
    In any case, I'm still hoping for some new dungeons in 5.3. Not crazy about them personally, but I know people that do love them. I'd rather have Lfr and scenarios remain the extra stuff for people who play solo or whatever. That's why I think they should just make the dungeons normal 90 ones, then heroics and then Challenge Modes. Imo, heorics should offer around the same rewards as Lfr. How'd they balance it around the middle of the xpac is the question, in order to prevent the funneling that can be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    You! I remenber you ...in the mount... nvm

Wasnt your nick TonyIommi? I though u unsubbed because u werent getting loot fast enough. Well i see you are back at playing WoW and complaining at the same stuff over and over .. strange .. just leave the game already it wont change to meet your needs.

Originally Posted by TonyIommi
    " In mists in the first month I unsubbed because nothing was getting me anywhere and I wasn't progressing. LFR wasn't giving me shit. Dailies weren't giving me shit. I was getting to little valor and the cap was to low. Hell even the NPCS were telling me to go slow. Ultimately it was just frustrating.

In the end their is very little difference between being bored because you don't like what's available to you and being bored because you exhausted everything you liked doing. The latter is probably better. At least I had fun in that model."
    I bought another month for 5.2 because I thought things would be faster.

Deleted
    Well let see now
    Scenarios are much easy to be developed than complete new 5 man dungeon.If they implent new 5 mans that will be most likely some reworked old ones but then you all will jump and start to cry so is pointless.
    I like the scenarios but the rewards from them is abit worst so i preff to do some new old heroic than new scenario
    Current the LFR is the tool to get up your alts in gear that is true i just get 2 bags from 6 bosses in MV yesterday with complete new toon who was already exalted with Klaxxi (its mater of few to several days after you finish all the quests) and today it will be ready to enter in HoF and ToES

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    In any case, I'm still hoping for some new dungeons in 5.3. Not crazy about them personally, but I know people that do love them. I'd rather have Lfr and scenarios remain the extra stuff for people who play solo or whatever. That's why I think they should just make the dungeons normal 90 ones, then heroics and then Challenge Modes. Imo, heorics should offer around the same rewards as Lfr. How'd they balance it around the middle of the xpac is the question, in order to prevent the funneling that can be an issue.
    Have the heroics drop at most 476 gear. And not in every slot. Then it will set you up for higher LFRs a little quicker but not be a giant leap up the ladder. You can already get 476 from the boxes that are a reward from scenarios. I really dont care about the gear, I just want some new 5 man content I can run for valor and achieves. And like I said earlier it would be really nice if there were more than 4 leveling dungeons.

It's good that they're diversifying the gearing process. New 5 mans are excruciatingly boring to run and a waste of resources, plus they encouraged gear entitlement. Dungeons are only interesting because of challenge modes now.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    It's good that they're diversifying the gearing process. New 5 mans are excruciatingly boring to run and a waste of resources, plus they encouraged gear entitlement. Dungeons are only interesting because of challenge modes now.
    Diversifying is cute. It's still mostly just LFR. Diversifying would mean potentially that I could get raid lvl gear out of all kinds of sources. They haven't diversified a god damn thing.

I actually tend to do more scenarios than dungeons.. new dungeons just aren't needed and I'm glad I won't have to suffer through terrible people in higher tuned dungeons. getting bad groups for some of the end times dungeons in cata was absolute hell. where as with scenario's, I can just solo them if needed, might take slightly longer but at least you aren't sitting in an awful group for over an hour because they don't know how to perform simple mechanics. Not to mention scenario's are better for story, since dungeons end up being a game of "how much can I pull and how fast can I go before I die"

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?
    Because it is something to whine about. I assure you if Blizzard had said they were going to do new 5 mans every patch most of these same exact people would whine about that as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am happy to hear there wont be anymore 5mans in this expansion.
    Good for you and still you will get new raid on end expansion, but what about other people who enjoy 5 mans dungeon more than raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that Blizzard are becoming lazier by the minute or the people supporting their laziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that Blizzard are becoming lazier by the minute or the people supporting their laziness.
    I don't think it's laziness per se. It probably has more to do with designing sizable raids and providing art assets for everything. It's common knowledge (because Blizz has said this a few times) that one of their major design constraints is art.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I had to respond to this thread. I have been raiding save for a small bit of Cata since MC dropped tier 2 gear. So, longer than almost everyone in this thread.

5 man dungeons do serve a purpose, that purpose is fun. There are many people, like myself and those in my guild, that used to do the 5 man dungeons in WOTLK, for all the cool achievements and wacky things you can do in them. That of course, eventually paid off in a reward. It was FUN to get 4 people together on a non-raid night, when everyone was board, and go in there (sometimes drunk) and just mess around trying to get achievements for people and doing off the wall things.

Everyone in this thread keeps looking at it like they are robots. Not everyone wants to raid, and many people want things to do when the raid is finished. If the entire game is just set up so you can eventually raid, then Blizzard wasted their time on all the features that do not involving raiding at all.

As cool as LFR is, it's still just LFR. You can still do it only once a week. Dungeons you can run any time, with your friends, your alts, and achieve things inside the dungeons that other aspects of the game do not lend themselves to.

Scenarios are to fast, boring and linear. They are great the first time, then you never want to do them again. Blizzard is only working on them because they are easier to create and offer most classes instant ques.

Some of the most fun I have ever had in World of Warcraft comes from crazy dungeon runs on a Saturday night when everyone was bored. Scenarios simply do not offer this for anyone.

Replacing dungeons with LFR is a mistake. Raids do not serve the same purpose, they can't be done with a small group of friends, they require half the players to carry the other half who can't be bothered reading about their class for 2 minutes in 8 years. They can also be a massive ordeal in frustration, and many many many players don't do them. Myself included.

As I stated before, I was raiding and doing dungeons in my spare time with friends for a laugh. I don't want to raid then raid again with people I don't know. I am not saying LFR isn't useful, obviously it is. I am saying Blizzard needs to take another looking at their lack of commitment to Dungeons.

If they don't want to offer gear. Then make dungeons and create tons of crazy, insane, fun and interesting achievements inside of them. Where you get awesome rewards like mounts, pets, transmog gear as you progress through the various achievements. People will run them, have fun, and they won't be forced on people as progression.

With all this said, MOP has been, IMO, the best expansion to date. There is SO much to do in the game that it can overwhelm people sometimes. With rumours about whats around the corner from Blizzard (leveling scaling for classic stuff, pet breeding etc..), I can honestly say NO Blizzard is not getting lazy. I just think, for whatever reason, there are some developers making decisions based on their own personal experiences and not the experiences of a mass majority of players. Analytics and metrics can only tell you so much, but they can't tell you how someone feels.ng as those making
    Last edited by Titan; 2013-03-10 at 07:12 AM.

Really, that is crap. I wouldn't mind if there were no new dungeons if there were a ton of them to do, but seriously there isn't. 9 of the same dungeons is utterly boring for so long. I mean I really don't do scenarios outside of needing the 40 VP reward and doing new ones. I do dungeons more just due to the VP reward. Dungeons are just more interesting to me too. It gets so boring after looking at the same stuff over and over again. I understand why new dungeons would be hard to fit into the grand scheme of things, but I did wish they would add new dungeons. The 9 same dungeons for a entire expansions is just awful. Give people a alternative to gearing up outside of LFR and something new to do.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-03-10 at 07:12 AM.