Deleted

Kanrethad as affliciton (Green fire quest)

So I did the quest thing just now as affliction. I've seen a lot of threads about it being nearly too hard for affliction, aswell as not having seen a video for it yet as affliction, so I decided to record it.

Reason to why I don't use my demonic gateway at all, is because it seems to be bugged at the moment and doesn't actually teleport me, aswell as it not being needed as seen in the video. You really just need to try and keep your calm as best as possible, and learn the fight as you go through it. Gear definitely seems to be a requirement, however not as good gear as some people make it seem. You can see at the end of the fight I still had quite a while to get before the "enrage" (7minute DoT thing).

My equipped ilvl is 499 and I'm using the glyph of enslave demon to make the cast lower. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask!

Hopefully this video might help someone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsdYy4xAeg
    Last edited by mmoc7599f08c08; 2013-03-09 at 04:24 PM.

just copy paste the link into the thread, and put a space where the . should have been, for example youtube com instead of youtube.com

Deleted
    I tried that, but the website seems to be smart enough to pick up on that

Quote Originally Posted by kozyx View Post
    I tried that, but the website seems to be smart enough to pick up on that
    Tell us what we should be looking for at youtube. Done.

Deleted
    There we go, it's finally been added

Deleted
    Wait, I wasn't supposed to do it as affliction?

Who's been saying it's harder as that, I never found I lacked any tools I'd want.

Deleted
    Not so much what you're supposed to do, but rather most guides on him saying to do it as Destruction, to have higher burst on the felhunters. I've read through a bit of the official wow forums, and there was a lot of QQ about the quest being too designed for a single spec and too gear dependant. Most of the people that had done it on there were 500 ilvl+ equipped aswell as destruction, so I just decided to show some of them that it's definitely doable without super awesome gear and as affliction

But if you did it as affliction aswell, kudos to you!

It is definitely doable as Affliction but it is much more difficult (imo). I just did it last night as Destro after trying to do it as Aff for a couple of hours. The self healing you have as Destro is a HUGE benefit that Aff just doesn't have at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It is definitely doable as Affliction but it is much more difficult (imo). I just did it last night as Destro after trying to do it as Aff for a couple of hours. The self healing you have as Destro is a HUGE benefit that Aff just doesn't have at all.
    I had the oposite experience, I wiped many times on the ptr as destro and killed it in few tries as aff.

On live it was 1 shot as affliction (~505 ilvl)

you really don't need any self healing from destro, since the pitlord can heal you to full every 20 seconds or so

edit:

If you are having trouble with the felhunter wave, spec howl of terror and save DS for them, even if they dispel enslave, you can fear the pitlord while you easily deal with them, the frequency of chaos bolt/cataclysm seems vastly lower then it was on ptr so it's not a issue if the pitlord isn't enslaved for a few seconds
    Last edited by mmoc706b1c3304; 2013-03-09 at 08:05 PM.

I guess teh way I was doing it I didn't rely on the heal from him. Just pooped on him.

I like this fight because it forces you to think outside of the box, personally I'm very familiar with Affliction and initially I only attempted the fight as Affy. The only issue I was having as Affy was killing the Felhunters in time before my Pit Lord came back in range, however as someone noted you can Howl of Terror the Pit Lord if this happens. You can probably kill this boss in any spec you want, the issue is mechanics and being on the ball with all your abilities but in the end I decided to learn Destro and it worked out best for me. But I still hate Destro haha I dropped the spec the moment I got my green fire

Deleted
    Yeah, there are definitely lots of ways possible to kill him, but it seems most people feel destro is the easiest way to go, especially because the burst you'll have for the felhutners. I think people just need to give it some time and (a lot) of tries to learn the mechanics, then they'll get it down eventually

After trying it with all 3 spec I found affliction to be the one I made the most progress with the quickest. A tip for people trying it at lower gear levels and are hitting the Doom enrage is to use the Pit Lord's stun on the first Doom cast. I was able to sometime get a second but it was kinda random depending on how many dots he tried to put on me. Doing that you can buy yourself another 30 seconds or so.

For the Felhunters a simple DS and SB:SS on all of them with some MG mixed in was more than enough to kill them in short order.