Should I start Playing World of Warcraft again?

Hello,

I played World of Warcraft from May 10th, 2007 until around January 15th of 2013, with seldom hiatus periods between (maybe a month or two now and then). I originally started on a small-medium sized server where I made several good friends and had a good guild community that I was part of for about two years. I raided with them, I PvP'd with them and took part in open-world shenanigans with them. However, after the Icecrown patch I ended up leaving the guild due to leadership inadequacies and other dramas. I kept in touch with my close friends but now, unfortunately, they have all quit or transferred.

I server hopped (KT -> Stormrage -> Tich) for about a year trying to find new friends to play with (I have irl friends that play WoW from time to time but they're mega-casual and really bad at the game, in general, so other than WPvP ganking there isn't much I like to do with them in-game). Don't get me wrong, I'm not some douchey elitist, I am not the best player, but I just want to progress while having fun with friends, be they irl or internet friends.

I haven't raided since ICC, as I am no longer interested in progression PvE content. I don't care for farming gear that I am not putting to use, so I don't bother raiding at all with PuGs. I pretty much solo'd the game for a while and put my own RBG's together to limited success (I always seem to plateau around 1900-2k rating, it sucks).

This game is/was an important part of my life since I have been playing it since I was a youngin'. I just don't have anyone to play with anymore because it's so hard to make friends (at least in the PvP 'community') if you don't have a shiny 2.2k or higher achievement.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, I guess I just felt like talking about it.

TL;DR I want to play this game, but when I do I feel lonely and it sucks.

Feel free to post similar feels, advice, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I am in the same boat. When I saw this title I asked myself why I didn't post the same thing. Anyway, I am on the verge of it as well. Like you, I too had a lot of IRL friends from BC-Cata, and most of them have packed up and quit. I havent played in 4-5 months now, however I am on spring break so I think it's a good time to give it another shot and see if I can find a guild that clicks. I would rather pay 15$ to find out if I want to keep playing WoW, rather than wonder about it any longer. Sorry for the rant, I am in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuzin View Post
    I am in the same boat. When I saw this title I asked myself why I didn't post the same thing. Anyway, I am on the verge of it as well. Like you, I too had a lot of IRL friends from BC-Cata, and most of them have packed up and quit. I havent played in 4-5 months now, however I am on spring break so I think it's a good time to give it another shot and see if I can find a guild that clicks. I would rather pay 15$ to find out if I want to keep playing WoW, rather than wonder about it any longer. Sorry for the rant, I am in the same boat.
    I've been in that boat before, you ought to just drop the $15 for a month. Even if you hate it and only play it for a day, that's honestly only the price of going to a movie these days so it's not an unreasonable cost for a day's entertainment, and you won't feel like you're stuck in limbo of quitting or coming back.

Come to stormrage and we can play together.

Or come to bleeding hollow and have fun with the world PVP on the Isle of Giants